Widgets Magazine

Thread: SW59th and Mustang

Default SW59th and Mustang

Anyone know what is going on north of 59th along Mustang Rd? Land cleared/leveled but nothing posted about new construction plans.

Default Re: SW59th and Mustang

Maybe it's the "big ticket item" Crout promised oh-so-long ago? One can only hope it's a real grocery store option, and not yet another "alternative emergency room".

Quote Originally Posted by redhardy View Post
    Anyone know what is going on north of 59th along Mustang Rd? Land cleared/leveled but nothing posted about new construction plans.
    Are you talking about the NW C of the intersection or a little further North on the West Side of the road?

@chuck5815: Talking about directly northeast of intersection of Mustang/59th (on the right heading north), with frontage on both roads.

@stile99: No kidding! A Crest or something similar would be good with all the homes flying up.

There's been a sign there for years advertising some kind of retail development. Crout Company I believe is the developer?

Quote Originally Posted by redhardy View Post
    I believe 7-11 owns the North East corner

2018-09-06_162621.jpg

This is the area they are clearing for all that don't pass it on a daily basis... I'd heard maybe one of the new "concept" stores was going in over there somewhere. I'd be down with that provided they are smart with cut-ins.

There's a "7-11 Coming Soon" there now.

It is a new concept 7-11 going in. On Cue is building at the NW corner of Mustang Road and either 44th or 29th. My mind just pulled a blank, even though I drove by it today.

OnCue = NE corner of Mustang and 15th. But I'm wondering what the holdup on either location is, I got all excited at first because it looked like they were out there starting to move dirt, but that's all that's happened on either site for some time now. 15th I can understand maybe they want to wait until the construction vehicles for the road are out of the way, but what's the excuse at 59th?

Wow. I was way off on the OC location. Why they are waiting on the 7/11 is a good question. The land was has been cleared for quite some time.

Man.. still nothing here despite the 7-Eleven sign. Maybe part of a bigger project (Come on Crest!)?

I'm pretty sure Crest is going into the big Mustang Crossing development on 15th and Sara.

14. Default Re: SW59th and Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    I'm pretty sure Crest is going into the big Mustang Crossing development on 15th and Sara.
    I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I'm pretty sure it isn't.
    I believe there is a thread discussing that development here. It does not mention Crest, and this is the first I've heard of it. Going to say this is more wishful thinking than news.

Area on SW59th/Mustang Rd still not developed.. on a whole Mustang has been pretty slow to build/develop commercially (obviously not from a residential perspective).
    Don't get me wrong - it's not necessarily a bad thing: We certainly don't want to be Edmond or NOKC.

But man - anyone else think we'd have more options to eat and shop by now?

It might have something to do with the incentives being offered to restaurants and retail. This is why you've had all sorts of shops pop up along 19th Street in Moore, while SW OKC still has a lack of commercial development by comparison. I think the Mustang city limits themselves also suffer somewhat from being fairly far away from I-40 (relative to Yukon). Even the SW Kilpatrick Extension isn't going to cross into Mustang proper.

Thread Information