Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Gazette and OKCTalk.com announce merger

Default Re: Oklahoma Gazette and OKCTalk.com announce merger

July 1st we’ll resume printing.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma Gazette and OKCTalk.com announce merger

That's great to read. Good luck on the return!

Great news!

Where is the "like" button?!?

+1.

Have really missed my crossword puzzle

When printing resumes, it'll apparently be bi-weekly instead of weekly, according to this.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2020/06/...ts-bi-curious/

Yes, every other week for a while; probably until after the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    When printing resumes, it'll apparently be bi-weekly instead of weekly, according to this.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2020/06/...ts-bi-curious/
    Never bow to the mob, the joke was funny and very clearly a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    What's interesting is that we had even taken the extra step to workshop the "bi-curious" thing with members of the LBGTQ community and received zero negative feedback.

But all it takes is a few very angry people online and the snowball starts to roll. We have always been incredibly supportive of that community, so felt an apology was a good way to go.

It just goes to show if you put yourself out there in any way these days, you are going to get roasted no matter what you do; at least by a vocal minority.

Along those lines, I can post the most innocuous things on OKCTalk social media (photos of construction progress or info about a new restaurant or retail place opening, for example) and you would not believe the bile that flows. I really need to start saving and posting some of the comments with the names blocked out. It is at once astonishing, sad and comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What's interesting is that we had even taken the extra step to workshop the "bi-curious" thing with members of the LBGTQ community and received zero negative feedback.

But all it takes is a few very angry people online and the snowball starts to roll. We have always been incredibly supportive of that community, so felt an apology was a good way to go.

It just goes to show if you put yourself out there in any way these days, you are going to get roasted no matter what you do; at least by a vocal minority.

Along those lines, I can post the most innocuous things on OKCTalk social media (photos of construction progress or info about a new restaurant or retail place opening, for example) and you would not believe the bile that flows. I really need to start saving and posting some of the comments with the names blocked out. It is at once astonishing, sad and comical.
    Yeah, your "red" ads have always been pretty on-point and entertaining, I thought this one was witty.

Yes, please post a few of those posts if you have time, I can't imagine how anybody can get worked up over things like that, I'd like to see how my fellow Oklahomans think (but not too much, it depresses me), just bizarre....

11. Default Re: Oklahoma Gazette and OKCTalk.com announce merger

People would argue about ice melting and paint drying on Facebook.

Leave the names. I'm down for public shaming. It's public and searchable anyway, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    People would argue about ice melting and paint drying on Facebook.
    Fauci is using G5 towers to profit off the ice melting and using paint drying as a distraction from Hillary and Obama murders of freedom loving people who won’t be confined by face masks!

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Jeezus, People get bent out of shape too easily. Have these people ever experienced laughter?

15. Default Re: Oklahoma Gazette and OKCTalk.com announce merger

I think it's an excellent idea and l liked your first few entries. It just goes to show the war against political correctness and the cancel culture doesn't spare anyone.

Does the lost ogle not play well with you? I read them both, but get more outta this message board

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Fauci is using G5 towers to profit off the ice melting and using paint drying as a distraction from Hillary and Obama murders of freedom loving people who won’t be confined by face masks!
    There's got to be at least some reference to Bill Gates in this...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Leave the names. I'm down for public shaming. It's public and searchable anyway, isn't it?
    An amusingly adolescent attitude, lol!

So what is your full name, social media shamer?

And what, exactly, is the purpose of shaming people on social media?

What does it accomplish, specifically?

lol!

HangryHippo Guest

May I suggest reading his username?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    May I suggest reading his username?
    I wasn't sure if they were being sarcastic or not?

HangryHippo Guest

Um, yeah. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    “Shame actually is counterproductive; shame induces in other people a defensive reaction,” said Daniel Lapsley, a professor of psychology at the University of Notre Dame. “Being shamed does not change behavior and in fact may exacerbate it.”

https://www.theintelligencer.net/new...te-bad-habits/

Admittedly, it is entertaining to watch people engage in the Fool's Errand of trying to win an argument and change someone's mind on Social Media because they think they are morally and intellectually superior.

I am looking for a hard copy of last week's issue of the Ok Gazette, the Holiday issue, is there a place where one could get a copy?

Thank you in advance!

Thread Information