Pete - I know you mentioned earlier in the summer you were considering investigating the conflict of having SMG managing both the Peake and BOK Center. I was curious if you had dug anything up? I have held the opinion SMG has done a terrible job bringing events to OKC since the BOK hit its stride. It seems Tulsa has received the majority of first leg shows in the state. I would also encourage everyone to just look at each venues website. The Peake’s is a joke. I know this is a minor thing but when comparing it to the BOK’s site, that clearly plasters “The State’s Premier Venue” across each page, it makes me wonder. Also, SMG has done a masterful job of publishing puff pieces in Billboard magazine and other trades regarding the BOK.

Check this out: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bil...VUMdYsWrJF-RSw

Does SMG deploy 360 marketing for the Peake? What are they doing to provide a world class experience for the artists when they are in town? Seems to me SMG is under selling the Peake. Pretty obvious when in the article above the GM at the BOK indicates 41% of ticket sales come from outside of the Tulsa area. How many come from OKC? I’m guessing a lot as I head to Tulsa 4-5 times a year for shows. Why are we accepting this level of management in a publicly subsidized arena?

Funny story. I received a survey from SMG regarding my experience at the recent Smashing Pumpkins show at the Peake. I left several comments questioning SMG’s ability to market the Peake as a premier venue for music and directly questioned the apparent conflict with the BOK Center. I made the point that OKC is a first run city and we should be getting more first run shows. Especially since the BOK gets the first run then the artist comes to OKC (Garth, Timberlake, Bruno Mars, and etc.). I have received several follow up surveys from SMG since.... My point in bringing this up is I believe the more pressure we put on SMG the more likely this will change..

Looks like Carrie Underwood is coming to OKC first before Tulsa next year... it’s a start. I would love for Pete to take a deep dive in SMG and ratchet up the heat on them.