Widgets Magazine

Thread: Quiet Restaurants, Bars & Gathering Places

Default Quiet Restaurants, Bars & Gathering Places

By popular demand here is a thread that lists the metro’s QUIET places to gather with friends. I’ll start:

Metro, 6418 N. Western
    La Baguette, 7408 N. May
    Vito’s, 7521 N. May
    All About Cha, 7300 N. Western

Default Re: Quiet Restaurants, Bars & Gathering Places

I agree with all except Vito's, the majority of times I have been there it has been rather full and can be quite noisy. Though I don't mind it because I enjoy the ambient sound of people talking. Whenever Cathy comes out though it can get pretty loud!

Bistro 22, Signature Grill, Moni's are a few pretty quiet places in north OKC/Edmond area.

You’ve started with extremely north, Nichols hills-ish locations. My local is the pump bar, can be vivacious, but in terms of excess noise? It’s probably the least noise/people ratio.

Blog Entries

Pump bar is a quiet restaurant?

In the area is Cheevers. There you can carry on a nice conversation without raising your voice.

I already put this in the other thread, but Paseo Grill is very quiet. The sitting area at Nebu has very high ceilings and never seems too loud. Good place for a conversation over lunch at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Pump bar is a quiet restaurant?

In the area is Cheevers. There you can carry on a nice conversation without raising your voice.
    Cheevers is great. But I almost always need a reservation and they only have 1 table that can hold more than 4 or 5 in a pinch besides the banquet room.

I merely say pumps got a low people/noise ratio as it can have upwards of 200 people, big tables, and a lot of action. But I guess if I needed to say “quiet” then red prime’s semi circular booth / column thingies come to mind. And of course paseo grills curtained tables.

Can anyone throw out examples of a quiet casual place with entrees $10 & under where flip flops and shorts are cool?

8. Default Re: Quiet Restaurants, Bars & Gathering Places

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Can anyone throw out examples of a quiet casual place with entrees $10 & under where flip flops and shorts are cool?
    Waffle House any time other than after 2 AM on a Friday or Saturday.

I am actually a massive Waffle House fan. Can BBQ anonymous comment on the quality these days on the food at bedlam? It used to be a really nice casual place and their chopped sandwich was pretty cheap and good. IIRC you could get a 2 meat plate for around $10. The patio was awesome and quiet, you could sip bottled beer and chill out. But then they started all that construction & the prices went up as the quality went down. They even had a good burger, not just for a bbq place but for anywhere, then it obvious switched to a dry, preformed, frozen patty. Haven’t been back in years but I’d give it another try on a recommendation.

There’s also Jamil’s next door...not $10 entrees. But it’s tranquil and also the entrance serves as a time machine from another dimension.

10. Default Re: Quiet Restaurants, Bars & Gathering Places

I have not been to Bedlam in a couple of years.... They always performed well, even being our top pick one year, in the OKC Broken Rib Tour but my experiences going there for lunch or dinner had always been hit or miss.

Now the Bolo Burger at Jamil's is something I would walk barefoot across broken glass and lava to get to!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Now the Bolo Burger at Jamil's is something I would walk barefoot across broken glass and lava to get to!
    .... go on....

12. Default Re: Quiet Restaurants, Bars & Gathering Places

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    .... go on....
    1/3 lb burger with all the fixin's and a thick slice of smoked bologna on a pretzel bun.

Nic's Place on Robinson.. I love the lounge downstairs. I've never been when its packed to be honest but I enjoy lunch there and is very chill.

Thread Information