Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bird Electric Scooter Sharing

Default Re: Bird Electric Scooter Sharing

Bird/Lime don't place them by the stadium. They only place them in places in the morning. The reason there were a lot at the stadium is because people rode them there, including me. Not sure what time the game ended, but they did work after the game.

There were no lime bikes after the Suns game Sunday night. I didn't check Bird. I checked for them start of the 4th middle 4th and end of game. I would think it's a missed opportunity with 14,000 leaving the arena not to have any bikes around. However with traffic would they be much help to ride? Sounds like a lot of people are riding them to the game though but then are gone afterwards.

i noticed tons of people Liming around in Norman after the OU game. Seems like a nice way to beat the traffic.

In Stillwater, Birds freed for $7,135, chargers squeezed from Lime. https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/bi..._medium=social

Add me to the Scooter casualty count!.. sunday was scootin all over automobile alley and Midtown. Problem is our roads are not in the best shape everywhere. with the requirement of riding on roads that makes it a bit crazy at times. we had done really well and were on our way back to the car and it had gotten dark.. I hit a substantial hole that I didn't see in the dark and BAM!!.. busted up knee and busted lip and scraped up my face pretty good and Fractured my elbow. So that's no bueno.. I will definitely go again but not after dark and will be particular about the roads I go on for sure.

Blog Entries

Teachers will be able to make extra money to subsidize their incomes, by picking these up and charging them over night. Their salaries are kept low so that silicon valley will get the bulk of the wealth so they can create companies that will help teachers subsidize their income.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteveHunt View Post
    Teachers will be able to make extra money to subsidize their incomes, by picking these up and charging them over night. Their salaries are kept low so that silicon valley will get the bulk of the wealth so they can create companies that will help teachers subsidize their income.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trolling.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	15079

ok. i like this... i'm curious what the time period they have to show the usage data to add more? is it just showing for a single day? or is that an average over a week, over two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trolling.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	15079
    look at the poster... it's trolling

It's a serious point, kept light. Call it trolling if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I wonder if it means Bird and/or Lime will soon leave Stillwater.

Birds are flying away for the winter:

Bird and Lime left Stillwater over a month ago. However, Lime apparently missed at least 4 scooters. That many are still showing up on the app and needing recharged. It will be interesting to see if they come back when the weather warms up. OSU's selection of Spin as the only scooter allowed on campus didn't help.

OSU's selection of Spin as the only scooter allowed on campus didn't help.
    How is Spin doing?

I think the vandalism is catching up big time to the scooter companies. There is a still-growing number of social media pages out there that are dedicated to videos of people damaging the scooters. Basically since they are so small and light. You can launch them off of bridges, into water, set them on fire, just slamming them into the ground, and even people driving over them. And of course there is no connection to the people doing the vandalism because they do it to the scooters in non-checked out form. So it requires a crazy amount of work trying to find and prosecute the vandals over scooters that cost around $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I think the vandalism is catching up big time to the scooter companies. There is a still-growing number of social media pages out there that are dedicated to videos of people damaging the scooters. Basically since they are so small and light. You can launch them off of bridges, into water, set them on fire, just slamming them into the ground, and even people driving over them. And of course there is no connection to the people doing the vandalism because they do it to the scooters in non-checked out form. So it requires a crazy amount of work trying to find and prosecute the vandals over scooters that cost around $200.
    Just as a point of information - I'm not sure what kind of discount the scooter companies get on them, but I know retail value of the scooters that Bird and Lime deploy is 2-3x more than that. Bird primarily uses a slightly modified Xiaomi Mi M365 scooter, which typically runs about $400 new; Lime has more of a mix but most of the ones I've seen are slightly modified Segway ES4 models that typically sell for around $600 new.

All that said, I suspect you're right - vandalism has been a huge problem for the electric scooter rental industry.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    How is Spin doing?
    Spin is starting out sensibly with only 50 scooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I believe lack of interest in riding them helped do them in at least in Stillwater. At one point, seeing over 100 scooters scattered about in downtown Stillwater with nobody riding any of them was the height of ridiculous. Also tales of getting hurt with using them from broken arms, ankles and severe cuts didn't help their popularity. Such injuries can't be prevented from wearing a helmet.

Lime app now shows no LIme scooters in Stillwater.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Just as a point of information - I'm not sure what kind of discount the scooter companies get on them, but I know retail value of the scooters that Bird and Lime deploy is 2-3x more than that. Bird primarily uses a slightly modified Xiaomi Mi M365 scooter, which typically runs about $400 new; Lime has more of a mix but most of the ones I've seen are slightly modified Segway ES4 models that typically sell for around $600 new.

All that said, I suspect you're right - vandalism has been a huge problem for the electric scooter rental industry.
    Yes, I was ballparking what Bird likely pays for their model of scooter. I have looked into purchasing my own as the same model and just deducted around $100+ which was my guess of what Bird pays with bulk orders etc.

I believe lack of interest in riding them helped do them in at least in Stillwater. At one point, seeing over 100 scooters scattered about in downtown Stillwater with nobody riding any of them was the height of ridiculous. Also tales of getting hurt with using them from broken arms, ankles and severe cuts didn't help their popularity. Such injuries can't be prevented from wearing a helmet.

Lime app now shows no LIme scooters in Stillwater.
    In all fairness, it was a huge mistake to think that Aggies could successfully negotiate a highfalutin, new-age device such as the electric scooter.

Thread Information