Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roughtail Brewery

Default Re: Roughtail Brewery

Like their beer, but will likely never go to their taproom. Why drive so far north when there are like 10 taprooms within 5 minutes of me. Plus oak and ore a 2 minute walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I am glad they are building this, looks like everything can be under one roof. Why couldn't they then open a smaller taproom/brewery downtown that is more geared towards the taproom crowd versus their entire brewing and distribution operation?
    It all comes down to money. At this point we're putting everything we've got into the new location on Memorial. After we get settled in there we are looking at opening up a satellite brewpub in Tulsa, or maybe downtown OKC. Not sure yet. We'll see how everything goes.

We've also got a tons of ideas for the additional 2.5 acres. So there will be new Roughtail ventures down the road.

-Roughtail

I'm glad there will be a brewery not too far from my house. I am a fan of the density of breweries in Midtown, but not everyone has to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I'm glad there will be a brewery not too far from my house. I am a fan of the density of breweries in Midtown, but not everyone has to be there.
    exactly this.... it's good to have all we have in one area... but it's also nice to spread a few around for some additional variety.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    exactly this.... it's good to have all we have in one area... but it's also nice to spread a few around for some additional variety.
    Have ya been to BLACK MESA yet? We hit it it up on the Grand Opening and it was flooded with eager customers. Also looking forward to BIG opening this weekend at the NMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Have ya been to BLACK MESA yet? We hit it it up on the Grand Opening and it was flooded with eager customers. Also looking forward to BIG opening this weekend at the NMF.
    yes... i have been adding Black Mesa as a rotation, so that i'm not always at (405)

Quote Originally Posted by Roughtail View Post
    It all comes down to money. At this point we're putting everything we've got into the new location on Memorial. After we get settled in there we are looking at opening up a satellite brewpub in Tulsa, or maybe downtown OKC. Not sure yet. We'll see how everything goes.

We've also got a tons of ideas for the additional 2.5 acres. So there will be new Roughtail ventures down the road.

-Roughtail
    I look forward to you guys opening, as this location is closer to my office than Midtown/AA/DT

Construction on this has been slow going. It looks like they have the concrete walls poured and were about to start raising them, but today I noticed one of the concrete walls was broken in two. So it seems like something went wrong with that wall during a lift. Its towards the west end of the property if someone's drives by and looks.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Construction on this has been slow going. It looks like they have the concrete walls poured and were about to start raising them, but today I noticed one of the concrete walls was broken in two. So it seems like something went wrong with that wall during a lift. Its towards the west end of the property if someone's drives by and looks.
    Someone told me they had Key Construction's project manager removed from the project because progress was so slow this spring and summer. They had hoped to be in the new building late fall/early winter. Not sure that is going to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Someone told me they had Key Construction's project manager removed from the project because progress was so slow this spring and summer. They had hoped to be in the new building late fall/early winter. Not sure that is going to happen!
    I'm not sure why it has been so slow. I know due to the lack of space, they have to pour walls on top of existing walls so there are three layers of walls stacked on top of each other and like I mentioned above, there is at least one wall that has been destroyed. I wonder if they had that one up and the storm hit and knocked it down.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    To be fair - Most of Key constructions staff and VP left in April.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    To be fair - Most of Key constructions staff and VP left in April.
    Why?

13. Default Re: Roughtail Brewery

Roughtail posted this to Facebook a few minutes ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70887578_1601243190000456_6771474099190366208_o.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	628.4 KB 
ID:	15597

Thanks!

Wil be very interesting to see how the taproom does in that location, being so far from the core and all the other breweries.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks!

Wil be very interesting to see how the taproom does in that location, being so far from the core and all the other breweries.
    It is my understanding that this was their goal, they liked being the only option in the area. From a conversation I had with one of their brewers, they would have loved to stay in their location in MWC if they had the space they needed, so moving to this location gave them the space they needed and kept them as the sole brewery in their area.

I think it will do fantastic and spark even more development in that direction. I live near 178 and Western and absolutely love that location and it’s proximity to Chisholm Creek and downtown Edmond. I think with all those areas have in the plans, my location is totally under-rated for its future potential. Aside from the occasional trip to downtown, I don’t find myself going south for anything besides Wholefoods and Trader Joe’s. It will be a game changer if one of these groceries opens somewhere further north.

Three panels still left to go on west side. There is still that broken wall laying on top of two other two walls. I imagine if it crashed on top of the other walls, all three would need to be re-poured.

Roughtail grand opening at new location set for March 19th.

Haha hopefully all their signage comes in before the grand opening!

Blog Entries

drove by this recently and it seemed very active as though it had opened

but also they're expanding somewhat already...

https://twitter.com/Roughtailbeer/st...05348279406593

More expansion going on today! We're adding another silo to house wheat. And the brewers rejoiced from not having to open bags and bags of wheat anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post

They’ve been open a while and doing just fine. Nice atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post

My wife and I go at least once a week, they have a great staff in the taproom. We were given a "tour" a month or so ago and its really a fantastic operation they have going on. They are bringing in larger fermentation tanks to help bolster production as well as the grain silos. If you haven't made it in, I'd highly recommend it, on weekends they have the patio open with a window to serve as well as bands frequent the patio.

Blog Entries

BTW, seems like they and their patrons have been very good with masking, distancing and being very responsible.

Thread Information