Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 6100 Grand

1. Default Re: 6100 Grand

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I guess you are implying that the area is only made up of old people. You’d probably be surprised at the young families buying high dollar properties in Nichols Hills, West Nichols Hills, and areas around.
    Haha no...the first home I ever owned was only blocks from this, near Outabounds. I love this area.

The crack was tongue in cheek mostly; I know there will be a great market for these. It was mostly because of the heavy-handed traditional style of them (really I guess they are more Parisian row house than anything), which I associate closely with a rapidly-aging clientele. That said, I know French Chateau/French Provincial has also been trending with the new-money McMansion set over the past decade or so. I'm betting they'll find plenty of takers that fall somewhere between that group and the city's remaining nearly-dead, old-money empty-nesters.

All of this is again tongue-in-cheek; they look very very nice and back in the day I would have loved to have gotten the high-end trim orders or hardware/plumbing orders, depending on where I was working at the time.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 6100 Grand

I understand Urbanized. And, though I am one of those aging empty nesters living in the area, this isn’t my favorite style either. They need to be very high quality to pull it off.

Is this still on? Also what about the Classen Curve hotel?

They closed on the land purchase, so they are now committed.

Hotel still moving forward, just slowly.

They've started work on the new retail space where Mamasita's used to be. And I noticed Sur la Table is getting close to the finish.

Thank you Pete for the update! Glad to see this area building up.

When is construction set to begin on this project Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by AlvarezK View Post
    When is construction set to begin on this project Pete?
    Only after they get enough pre-sales and I have no idea how that is going.

These units are very, very expensive.

Thanks for the updates Pete you always come through.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvarezK View Post
    Thanks for the updates Pete you always come through.
    You're more than welcome.

And questions on the site are a good reminder for me to follow up on things.

The mock-up alone looks like it cost 500K. lol

This project has started.

My understanding is they'll be doing most the site work and 1 of the proposed 3 buildings.

Lots going on in this area:

Thanks for the update Pete. There is a lot going on here and I’m very excited to see these moving forward.

Any word on the office building at NW 63rd and Grand?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Any word on the office building at NW 63rd and Grand?
    Completely dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Completely dead.
    That’s the second time a nice office building was proposed here and then died.

Blog Entries

Toured Grandmark this weekend... just a block away. It’s coming along nicely. Big improvement. Some are starting to sell.

This project is like a scrawny dude walking into a gym and seeing the body builder dead lift 300 pounds, then announcing to the girl he's with "I can do that too, just watch this!"

And just like that scrawny guy, these people can't get anything off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    This project is like a scrawny dude walking into a gym and seeing the body builder dead lift 300 pounds, then announcing to the girl he's with "I can do that too, just watch this!"

This thread was literally brought back after a year to announce that it is in fact starting....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post

Which project are you talking about? If it’s 6100, it’s moving forward, even with the current environment. Don’t know who you think the skinny guy is.

If that is the case, then I am sorely mistaken. My apologies to the forum. Funnily enough the last time I really saw this thread/heard news of it was sometime later last year but never really got much news outside of "Building is underway." As my father once said: Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups.

Of course his version is a little more explicit.

Hope the material and craftsmanship really comes in with a high standard. I don't necessarily expect all the same detail and ornateness as 19th century European buildings these are emulating, but little touches can go a long way, and sparing expense on certain materials will certainly make this feel like a cheap knock-off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Hope the material and craftsmanship really comes in with a high standard. I don't necessarily expect all the same detail and ornateness as 19th century European buildings these are emulating, but little touches can go a long way, and sparing expense on certain materials will certainly make this feel like a cheap knock-off.
    Probably about what you would expect at $425-450 per square foot. Don't know what touch you are referring too, but Rick Brown is a good architect. You can go to their site (www.6100grand.com) and see renderings and features. Given a generally high level of expectation for NH, and considering the inventory of nicely done houses in NH, it will have to be well appointed to draw people away from single family home and into row homes. Given 3 are already sold, I'd guess they will be well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    These are $1mm+ townhomes, they are not sparing any expense.

Home prices have gone way up in NH so I imagine the buyers will be people looking to cash in and then move into a new place that requires no maintenance or upkeep.

Thread Information