Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 6100 Grand

Default Re: 6100 Grand

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Is any of those units occupied?
    Not completely sure but I don't think so. I could see chandeliers in a couple of them in the center building, which seems to indicate they are getting close.

I think the far left unit in the center phase is occupied. It's pretty decked out and personalized inside on a drive-by and also a dinner at Cava.

They just filed building permits for the 3rd and final phase, which would be on the south end of the property.

This is probably one of the longest (slowest) projects in OKC.

Blog Entries

Not even close. Especially considering the cost per unit and special market it serves.

Quality usually takes time.

They have only been starting on new phases after selling existing units.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Strangely, none of the units are listed on Zillow and they've removed most of the renderings from their social media.
    I found this. Absolutely beautiful. https://www.trulia.com/home/6115-nw-...118-2079847209

Ever heard of Boulevard Place?

Blog Entries

The good news is that this has been built as planned and is selling. This is a premium project and has buyers. The project wasn't downgraded and cheapened to sell quicker and has methodically moved from concept to execution to sales. Bravo to good quality premium infill. Kudos to Rick Brown (RBA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I found this. Absolutely beautiful. https://www.trulia.com/home/6115-nw-...118-2079847209
    There is no doubt about the quality here and I'm glad they are doing well. It just feels very cold to me form the pictures. I suppose each can be finished out according to what the buyer desires.

No debate about the quality either.
    It seems well made, but the style…it feels totally out of place so lack of good taste.
    We are in Oklahoma City, not Versailles.
    It likes our bored but wealthy mother in laws finally find a way to waste more money than changing of kitsch furniture every year and went for the whole estate instead.

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    It seems well made, but the style…it feels totally out of place so lack of good taste.
    It likes our bored but wealthy mother in laws finally find a way to waste more money than changing of kitsch furniture every year and went for the whole estate instead.
    What a post.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Ever heard of Boulevard Place?
    Well, that's another one of ... as well. I'm indifferent with that project because the current design is too fugly for that prime location, another lazy design that can be found anywhere in the US.

This development is opposite of poor taste. Gaw

I have had reservations until I saw it in person. I think it looks really nice and fits in. Not sure how, but it does.

Blog Entries

Is this about class friction or architecture and interior design?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Is this about class friction or architecture and interior design?
    I would love to see one of those units staged/virtualized with some normal home decor and not the gaudy stuff in the photos. Not my taste of decor, but I think the floor plan is interesting. Not sure about having the kids on the top floor, that might drive me mad being between floors. I'll never afford one, in any case.

The finished product looks nice. I also thought the initial renderings looked a bit cartoonish, but the quality is apparent. It may not be everyone's taste, but it is really well done. I like it significantly more than I expected I would.

Based on the handful of sales that have been recorded, the units are going from $1.7 million and up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    The finished product looks nice. I also thought the initial renderings looked a bit cartoonish, but the quality is apparent. It may not be everyone's taste, but it is really well done. I like it significantly more than I expected I would.
    LOL. Renderings are drawings and cartoons.

The materials used on the project are first class. The furnishings and accessorizing will be according to each owner's style and taste, so everyone shouldn't get worked up based on some fictitious rendering of what it MIGHT look like decorated. We worry about the darndest things that aren't even real or complete.

Cartoonish like a Disney World hotel. Of course the renderings are drawing.

23. Default Re: 6100 Grand

Gaudy stuff..? Since when is Le Corbusier gaudy?

I wish Classen Curve had this style of architecture. It would have given it a truly upscale/high end retail feel. I’m not anti modernism but the current design is stale and looks cheap. IMO.

25. Default Re: 6100 Grand

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I wish Classen Curve had this style of architecture. It would have given it a truly upscale/high end retail feel. I’m not anti modernism but the current design is stale and looks cheap. IMO.
    Glad you said that. This style adds so much character and we need more like it. Would be neat to have this type of architecture for mixed use/retail in the downtown area.

Thread Information