Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6100 Grand

Northwest OKC 6100 Grand

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	881.4 KB 
ID:	14759

This sign went up on the lot sometime in the past few days.

http://www.6100grand.com/

Default Re: 6100 Grand

Yes, this is driven by architect Rick Brown (Gulfport Energy building and others) and I believe he's been in pre-sales mode for the last few months.

The property is still owned by Glimcher but suspect it is under contract to Brown.

It's a very ambitious / expensive project but probably bolstered by the Cumberland development north of NH Hill Plaza where those small lots are selling for $500K.

This would be directly north of Zoe's Kitchen and west of the proposed hotel, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    This would be directly north of Zoe's Kitchen and west of the proposed hotel, right?
    No, on the other side of Grand on the site of the old Kensington Apartments.

It's the one Glimcher property that abuts the Glenbrooks addition (home to the attorney that sued them unsuccessfully and other less-than- excited homeowners) and pretty much had to stay residential.

There was a similar project proposed by a builder a couple of years ago but then he backed out, no doubt not finding the necessary buying interest at the time. I suspect the market has improved since that time.

I had been sitting on this for awhile because the land sale never closed and I wasn't sure it was going to happen.

A sign going up is a positive step but there was also one for the previous development which never materialized.

HangryHippo Guest

I love the renderings of the exterior, but a lot will depend on the (eventual) execution. It does feel like it will appear out of place here though.

7. Default Re: 6100 Grand

They'd better hurry and get them sold before all of their potential clientele dies.

8. Default Re: 6100 Grand

4 Sold and 2 Pending and it isn't even on the MLS. Interesting. I wonder if CHK has their hands in one or two of these as corporate housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, on the other side of Grand on the site of the old Kensington Apartments.

It's the one Glimcher property that abuts the Glenbrooks addition (home to the attorney that sued them unsuccessfully and other less-than- excited homeowners) and pretty much had to stay residential.

There was a similar project proposed by a builder a couple of years ago but then he backed out, no doubt not finding the necessary buying interest at the time. I suspect the market has improved since that time.

This is different from the proposed apartment homes adjacent to the proposed hotel then.

So, there is a potential for townhomes and or apartments on either side of Grand here? That's awesome, I didn't realize that.

I think it would have been neat if the building curved with Grand Blvd.

Blog Entries

CHK probably could have just downsizsed into fewer buildings (under the impression most local energy companies are way down on EE count) and turned the others into residential and have them online sooner....

Blog Entries

This will totally fit in. It flows right into Nichols Hills.

I think many on here don’t realize what a great location the general area is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    They'd better hurry and get them sold before all of their potential clientele dies.
    I guess you are implying that the area is only made up of old people. You’d probably be surprised at the young families buying high dollar properties in Nichols Hills, West Nichols Hills, and areas around.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I guess you are implying that the area is only made up of old people. You’d probably be surprised at the young families buying high dollar properties in Nichols Hills, West Nichols Hills, and areas around.
    Nah. They’re the ones buying and ruining the historic homes.

Blog Entries

I love these broad condescending statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Nah. They’re the ones buying and ruining the historic homes.
    Ya know, funny thing about that, I work with A TON of Nichols Hills homeowners. The younger crowd LOVE the original NH homes. It's the older ones who are renovating. I hear the same thing over and over. The people in their 60's and 70's don't want to live in the same style they grew up in, meanwhile the younger homebuyers love all the original stuff.

I would gladly live in most of the surrounding housing stock of this area... But how does one obtain that level of income these days??

That's what I love about these (septegenarians), man. I keep getting older, they stay the same age.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I would gladly live in most of the surrounding housing stock of this area... But how does one obtain that level of income these days??
    Become a very good dentist, doctor, lawyer, oil company entrepreneur, etc. Or, climb the corporate ranks to c-suite at larger company. Become a top-notch salesman. Be the beneficiary of a well-off parent's estate (or a life insurance policy). Etc., etc., etc. Same as people have done for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Become a very good dentist, doctor, lawyer, oil company entrepreneur, etc. Or, climb the corporate ranks to c-suite at larger company. Become a top-notch salesman. Be the beneficiary of a well-off parent's estate (or a life insurance policy). Etc., etc., etc. Same as people have done for a long time.
    or do it the old fashion way--- marry into it...

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Ya know, funny thing about that, I work with A TON of Nichols Hills homeowners. The younger crowd LOVE the original NH homes. It's the older ones who are renovating. I hear the same thing over and over. The people in their 60's and 70's don't want to live in the same style they grew up in, meanwhile the younger homebuyers love all the original stuff.
    What does the younger set think about Heritage Hills? Although expensive to maintain, it is OKC’s truly original stuff and in a very popular part of town.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    What does the younger set think about Heritage Hills? Although expensive to maintain, it is OKC’s truly original stuff and in a very popular part of town.
    They're moving in in droves. Young professional couples, some with kids, some not quite ready for kids. Lots of activity on the houses that need updating.

Exactly what turnpup above me said. More "younger" people are moving into Heritage Hills as well. I still see more of them in Nichols Hills and to a lesser extent Crown Heights. Nichols Hills has the whole municipality thing going for them, and better access to the Trifecta of private schools on Penn and Western.

Blog Entries

I know any number of younger families who have bought and fixed up (in a great way), a number of houses between Shartel & Classen on the west side of HH. They love the neighborhood and use the porches and sidewalks extensively.

Thread Information