Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6100 Grand

Blog Entries

Default Re: 6100 Grand

Surprised brick is not higher in the NE with so many row homes that are brick. My mom's row home in Philly is brick, as are all of them in that whole part of town, so I was not as stunned by the brick development here as some were...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Surprised brick is not higher in the NE with so many row homes that are brick. My mom's row home in Philly is brick, as are all of them in that whole part of town, so I was not as stunned by the brick development here as some were...
    That graphic is for new home builds in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

"Frame" means wood siding.
    Ahhh ok gotcha.

And pretty cool graphic!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Then you have homes like the one I grew up in, which was a brick front and vinyl on the remaining three sides. That was a very interesting graphic and definitely fits my perception of the lack of vinyl here (for obvious weather-related reasons) compared to the Northeast.

This is an interesting graphic that shows how much more common brick is in this part of the country:

Very interesting stats. Thinking back (and doing a little research on street view to remind myself), all but one of the buildings I have lived in in Oklahoma had red brick, and that includes the dorm up at OSU.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Very interesting stats. Thinking back (and doing a little research on street view to remind myself), all but one of the buildings I have lived in in Oklahoma had red brick, and that includes the dorm up at OSU.
    Originally from Ohio, I can attest to the vinyl stat for that region. Brick homes are very rare and few and far between up there. Almost all vinyl siding.

Interesting comparison with an attached development in Highland Park (Dallas).

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Dallas/450...home/143839609

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Interesting comparison with an attached development in Highland Park (Dallas).

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Dallas/450...home/143839609
    I like ours a lot better. It's not as plain looking

Pulling out of those garages will be challenging!!!

Blog Entries

Looks like there is about 1.5 times or slightly more of the length of a car in front of the garage. It’s plenty of room to turn and enter straight in. I have similar and never have an issue.

This project is still so bizarre to me. It reminds me of the Bluth house in Arrested Development out in the middle of nowhere. I guess once it's built up around that stretch of land it'll make more sense. There's nothing that appeals to me about this block of housing, but I'm not the target audience. Will be interesting to see it all develop.

15. Default Re: 6100 Grand

Are people going to be allowed to have guests park there? There is NO room in that little driveway thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    Are people going to be allowed to have guests park there? There is NO room in that little driveway thing!
    There will be guest parking in the back; a small shared lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Pulling out of those garages will be challenging!!!
    The farthest spot over by the stairs will be. All the other spots you can swing out without having to driver forward than reverse again. I guess you will either have to back in or back out all the way to the other side of the driveway. Wouldn't surprise me if that spot ends up not actually being used for a vehicle. "This unit comes with free storage!"

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    that map sucks, the SW should be separate most homes in Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona and west Texas are Stucco by far and the southeast coast is not stucco WTF? Maybe south florida?

19. Default Re: 6100 Grand

A few things relevant to recent posts in this thread:

• There will be 3 buildings built here; this is just the first one. I myself had a bit of fun upthread questioning the aesthetics, but if you are commenting negatively about the way it looks displaced from the surroundings you should probably at least wait for the others to be completed before being certain.
    • This center building is the only one with garages in the front. The other two have them in back. In the case of this building the parking area will be gated, and it almost has the appearance of being below grade.

If you want to look more closely at drawings, refer to Pete’s post here:

Just filed permits to finish this project with a building on either side of the one currently under construction.

Yeah I remember seeing these a while back. It still looks weird to me. But, like I said, I'm not the target audience for these. They'll certainly have no problem selling them.

I am still looking forward to seeing how that whole area takes shape, though.

They sold well enough they are already starting the 2nd phase.

I'm sure they'll look very nice once finished and fully landscaped.

When they finish all 3 phases it's really going to make this area feel sooooooo different - may even have a bigger impact than everything happening between Grand and Western.

We frequently choose Saturn Grill, Zoes (now Cava), and Flower Child to dine outbecause they have lots of healthy options that our 2.5 year old likes, so we're driving to and from this area a lot and it is impressive how many people are constantly running and walking in the early evening in this area. I feel like the biggest tragedy of the Canton fire is that the best apartments in all of OKC to live at without owning a car got put on hold for several years - which likely makes these $1M+ homes the new best place to live without a car (lol as if).

Blog Entries

Norman Re: 6100 Grand

Seems like people here have a hard time adjusting to other than the usual architecture. Once complete, it’s will have a very positive impact on the area and will be visually interesting. No it isn’t brick ranch, or faux stucco McMansions, or now popular modern contemporary. It is an upgrade to the area by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Seems like people here have a hard time adjusting to other than the usual architecture. Once complete, it’s will have a very positive impact on the area and will be visually interesting. No it isn’t brick ranch, or faux stucco McMansions, or now popular modern contemporary. It is an upgrade to the area by far.
    Yes I don't get the reflexive negativity for quality projects. Sometimes the negative reactions are warranted. People should learn to choose their battles.

Recently, a friend from California was visiting and I drove her around a bit and we ended up having dinner at Republic in Classen Curve.

She is a reserved person but was really impressed by the area and these units will only add to the appeal.

They are going to end up looking very expensive, which of course they are.

Thread Information