Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

Default Re: Waterloo and I-35

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I've been hearing rumors that the interchange rebuild has been moved up due to the rapidly increasing traffic volume. Anyone have any better info on this. The property on the southeast corner (old horse farm that was being used for cows) has been sold to ODOT per Oklahoma County records.
    Whatever they decide I'm sure it'll take forever to get done . . . adding the extra lanes on the north bound exit and south bound entrance to I-35 has been a plus, but Waterloo definitely needs a few extra lanes on either side.

Is I-35 suppose to get widen between Edmond and Guthrie? Maybe this will speed up that project?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    Is I-35 suppose to get widen between Edmond and Guthrie? Maybe this will speed up that project?
    I haven't heard that . . . might as well go all the way to Highway 51 if they widen it.

According to the 8 Year Construction Plan, ROW acquisition is set for next year, utilities in 2020, and construction in 2022.

I live near this area and have noticed a large piece of land on the north side of Waterloo between I-35 and Sooner Road is being cleared. I wonder if this has to do with this project or other development? The Logan County Accessor website is hard to maneuver and look at land records.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    I live near this area and have noticed a large piece of land on the north side of Waterloo between I-35 and Sooner Road is being cleared. I wonder if this has to do with this project or other development? The Logan County Accessor website is hard to maneuver and look at land records.
    Would be helpful if I could spell assessor correctly... ��*♂️

This is a huge piece of land they are clearing out. Entire frontage of Waterloo from I-35 to Sooner. I guess it could be the staging area for the new interchange, but it seems early to start that. I am hoping for some type of commercial development. Although timing seems odd there with the upcoming construction in the area. Amazing how busy that Sooner/Waterloo corner is.

Echoing posts 6-8 in this thread, does anyone have any idea what they are clearing out the land for on the NW side of I-35 & Waterloo? Drove by there tonight and it is just a massive piece of land that's torn up, with no indication as to why.

guthrienewspage.com i-35 diamond interchange design, development coming at i-35 and waterloo road

Based on this article, no immediate plans are known and it is currently listed as a mixed-use parcel. I imagine they are just clearing the land to make it more shovel ready. Here is a grainy site plan from Snoddy Properties listing.

Proposed Waterloo Development.jpg

They currently dont have a plan for water that has been vetted by the Dept of Environmental Quality. I called and asked. They only called and asked some questions is what I've been told. I guess they are clearing the trees for the time being. Seems stange to me without a plan. If there is a plan then its not out there for the public to know. Logan county does not have a building dept or issues building permits.

11. Default Re: Waterloo and I-35

Maybe they got a deal if its the same people clearing land for the highway.

Waterloo - I35.jpg
    Appear to be building a road through the property from Sooner Rd.

I was told there are LOI's from Braum's, 7 Eleven and Starbucks for this development.

I was heading north on 35 to go storm chasing on Friday and that huge area of land clearing caught my eye. I was wondering what it was all about. I immediately thought it was going to be a huge new housing development.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I was told there are LOI's from Braum's, 7 Eleven and Starbucks for this development.
    Thanks for the info. That is a bit disappointing considering there is a Starbucks and Braum’s at the Covell exit and already an OnCue on the other side of the highway at Waterloo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Thanks for the info. That is a bit disappointing considering there is a Starbucks and Braum’s at the Covell exit and already an OnCue on the other side of the highway at Waterloo.
    Yeah no kidding. I’m sure these will both do well here. I tried calling the county and asking about any information. I was told this was private property and it is private information. A Buc-ee’s would be nice here.

Having a new Braum's with their mini market will be really nice for the area. There are slim pickin's in the grocery department all the way up here so that will be a nice place to make a quick run. As of now, there are no quick runs anywhere up here really.

A Costco here would be nice as well. It would pull Stillwater traffic as well.

Default Re: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

There is a massive amount of earth-work currently being done on this site, which has apparently been underway for some time. I'd estimate the southern half of the property has been cleared out. Since the property appears to have been sold since this development was first proposed, does anyone know if the previous plans are still valid?

This is an aerial from April of this year:

Still no plans filed that I can find for this development either. With it being in Guthrie, really no plans are filed or available online.

I called and tried to find out and I was told by the county it was private information and not my business.

Can you imagine the massive cost of reconfiguring so much soil? Whew, someone has deep pockets to make this site work.

This would be perfect for a Bucee’s to anchor it. I personally don’t expect much more than a typical strip mall type development with a Walmart but I hope I’m wrong. ODOT REALLY needs to get on the ball with planning for a new freeway loop between Edmond and Norman connecting to SH-74. This entire area will be booming soon.

Thread Information