Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anatomy Wine Club

Plaza District Anatomy Wine Club

From the operators of Bleu Garten and the soon-to-be Social Cinema Pub.

Located in the new apartment building in the Plaza District at 16th & McKinley.

Now open - interior images from Facebook: https://www.anatomywineokc.com/

We believe in wine. We also believe in having a good time. Wine tasting and education can be so much more than what you've seen before. Wine is fun and your wine experience should be fun as well!

Come in and enjoy our vinyl collection spinning and let our Wine Enthusiasts show you the new way to drink wine at Anatomy Wine Club.

Default Re: Anatomy Wine Club

Do we know if it's actually open to everyone? I saw the last Instagram post that said they might possibly be open for a sneak peek this weekend but I wasn't sure if it was an invite only thing.

. . .with the living room seating it reminds me of Vintage 1740 (Tulsa) with mod decor. Looking forward to checking it out!!

Is this the place CTP was protesting due to a potential increase in traffic and noise in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Is this the place CTP was protesting due to a potential increase in traffic and noise in the area?
    Believe so.

Anatomy is adding a bottle shop; I assume it will open after the laws change on Oct. 1st allowing for the sale of cold beer and wine (photo from their FB page):

Love this place

Stopped at Anatomy last weekend and it's a neat little place. For a Friday, the Plaza wasn't as busy as I expected. Just Labor Day weekend? Most places were 85% full on a Friday night... I'm used to lines at most Plaza spots during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Stopped at Anatomy last weekend and it's a neat little place. For a Friday, the Plaza wasn't as busy as I expected. Just Labor Day weekend? Most places were 85% full on a Friday night... I'm used to lines at most Plaza spots during that time.
    Probably a combination of people being out of town for Labor Day Weekend and the 11AM kickoff in Norman. I always notice at least a slight drop in the bar/restaurant crowds the night before early OU games, especially if OSU also has an early or midday kick.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Probably a combination of people being out of town for Labor Day Weekend and the 11AM kickoff in Norman. I always notice at least a slight drop in the bar/restaurant crowds the night before early OU games, especially if OSU also has an early or midday kick.
    I love OU and OSU football, this is the season I get to go out and try all the new places on the weekends because a good chunk of the crowds go where they can watch the games. I remember the last time I went to The Mule, which was not too far after they opened, that OU and OSU both had home games that evening, the place was dead. Best experience ever, haha!

Has anyone been here lately?

Never seems busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Has anyone been here lately?

Never seems busy.
    Went a couple weeks ago and agreed. Was a Friday night at like 7 PM and was dead. Which is sad because I really like the space and the concept. Though I admit it's a place that we forget to go to even though we really like it and live like a mile away. Hopefully they're doing ok but I doubt it.

13. Default Re: Anatomy Wine Club

I had heard last week it was closing. Trust the person who told me but I can't really confirm.

I was in Houston over Christmas and fell in love with Postino in houston.. great wine bar and was there nearly daily. I wanted something in OKC similar and remembered this place so am going tomorrow. I hope it isn't closing!.. i'll check it out tomorrow. Seriously would love a Postino type place in OKC.

This one stings. My wife and I adore Anatomy and constantly rave about it.

I hope they aren’t closing. I will admit I only went there once but I will start going more if they aren’t closing. It was a really cool atmosphere and great folks running it.

Anatomy is one of my favorite places to go. The concept is good and their interior is great. I think there is an issue with their location on the outskirts of the Plaza that results in people forgetting it's an option.

Last month we walked to Anatomy on a Monday night and they were closed. An employee was inside and let us know that they were no longer open on Monday nights due to slow business. I have no doubt that the location is the issue because the interior is among my favorite in the city and you can't beat the wine selection (don't hold me to that). Great place for a couple to stop in for a nightcap.

I really like this place. It has a nice laid-back vibe and the staff are friendly, but it doesn't surprise me that they're struggling a little bit. It's not that far from the Plaza at all but it is a little bit of a weird location that it is easy to forget that it's there.

Went here tonight and while it wasn't 100% full, there was at least a decent crowd. Was surprised at how few craft beers they had. Didn't bother me as I'm totally fine with drinking cheap $3 domestics, but given the large wine selection I would have expected the beer list to lean towards what you'd find at Oak & Ore. Big fan of the overall atmosphere of the place, never felt like the music was so loud as to drown out the conversation I was having, which can be a major issue at a lot of bars.

They closed on February 1st.

22. Default Re: Anatomy Wine Club

I guess my friend was correct. Shame

The lights, TV's and Open sign were all on this morning.

Not sure if a new place has moved in or someone was just doing work inside:

24. Default Re: Anatomy Wine Club

Plaza Nutrition took over this spot and seems to have a steady customer group who come in daily. They recently had an open house.

https://www.facebook.com/plazanutrition/

ugh

Thread Information