Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Northwest corner of NW 178th and N May

Far North Northwest corner of NW 178th and N May

Looks like they have been developing the commercial section of the neighborhood on that corner. Doing lots of dirt work from what I can tell. I have no idea how to search through permits, so I was wondering if anyone knows what is planned there. I’m guessing standard strip mall with a nail salon, maybe a Subway, and maybe a liquor store?

Default Re: Northwest corner of NW 178th and N May

There haven't been any permits filed as of yet.

That corner is owned by Caliber which is the developer of that entire square mile called The Grove:

http://www.thegroveok.com/index.php?id=4

Default Re: Northwest corner of NW 178th and N May

We live in Valencia right now and are building in the Grove, so I noticed from the site plan that it was labeled as commercial. But I haven’t seen any more details as of yet.

Far North 178th and May - Northwest side of The Grove

Any word on what this is going to be?

OK County Assessor shows it as Caliber Development Company. Not sure, how it is zoned. Caliber was the developer of the Grove sub-division, but have also been known for office and industrial.

Default Re: 178th and May - Northwest side of The Grove

Probably a mix of residential and retail. Hard to see a company taking a chance on mixed-used in a location this far to the North.

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=44293

As someone who lives and shops in far Northwest OKC, any business that can alleviate trips south to Penn and Memorial or east to 2nd and Bryant/ Broadway Retail in Edmond is welcomed!

We heavily support the Scholtzsky's at 192nd and Portland (in a gas station strip mall). The location is small, but I applaud the owners for taking a "risk" and it is much easier to get to compared to the other stores at Memorial and Highland Parkway or Danforth and Kelly.

I live next to that corner and I have a habit of forgetting about the Dollar General just a mile away and end up taking the trip to Target or Walmart way to often for little things that I could pick up there.

https://retailproperties.cbre.us/pro...t/view/id:8062

Any ideas what is going in here, shows 3 fast food, pharmacy, grocery, and retail.

^

Nothing has been sold.

I believe they are still marketing all those properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Nothing has been sold.

I believe they are still marketing all those properties.
    Wonder if it will be a neighborhood Walmart or what else might fit in that square footage.

Far North Starbucks, 7 Eleven, Taco Bell, and more coming to 178th and May

https://retailproperties.cbre.us/p/r...may#highlights

https://retailproperties.cbre.us/pro.../view/id:33971

Land is currently being cleared.and making way for a Starbucks, 7 Eleven, Taco Bell, and more. This is planned for the northwest corner of 178th and May Avenue.

Appears that a grocery store will be built just north of the proposed 7 Eleven. Given the size, most likely a Walmart Neighborhood style store (32,000 square feet). (I mean you could hope with Rose Creek just south it would be something like a TJ's or Uptown, but I wouldn't hold your breath)

Given the density of the neighborhoods in this area, and how there isn't much other retail developed in the immediate area, these places should make bank.

Default Re: Starbucks, 7 Eleven, Taco Bell, and more coming to 178th and May

There's a huge new Apartment development way out on N May and 192 NW May which is basically Danforth in Edmond. I don't get the name. It's stupid but they look really nice.
    https://www.35degreesapts.com/?rcstd...YRjTEizZPgM%3D

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    There's a huge new Apartment development way out on N May and 192 NW May which is basically Danforth in Edmond. I don't get the name. It's stupid but they look really nice.
    https://www.35degreesapts.com/?rcstd...YRjTEizZPgM%3D
    I'm guessing the name has to do with a directional compass or geography. Seeing how this complex is at the edge of OKC City limits, it's one of the farthest north/north west properties. A compass bearing of 350 degrees north from the city center, or shortened to "35 degrees North"

Right. I get it. But seriously.

Could also be related to the fact that OKC is at 35 Degrees North latitude.

Sigh. A Wal-Mart market, a 7-11, a Taco Bell, in another thread a Dollar General was mentioned. All on disconnected little lots. In an area that has a pretty high income level (for Oklahoma). These sorts of things just make me so sleepy. I mean, this is really bottom-of-the-barrel stuff. But I’m sure they’ll all do well.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    Sigh. A Wal-Mart market, a 7-11, a Taco Bell, in another thread a Dollar General was mentioned. All on disconnected little lots. In an area that has a pretty high income level (for Oklahoma). These sorts of things just make me so sleepy. I mean, this is really bottom-of-the-barrel stuff. But I’m sure they’ll all do well.
    Agreed, was hoping for something like the offerings near Kelly and Covell in Edmond. According to the fact sheet from CRBE, average household income in the immediate area (1 mile radius) is over $143,000!

Perspective, Yukon's shopping center with Target, etc has an average income of $88,000, Shops at Moore (Hobby Lobby, Best Buy, etc) has average income of $76,000.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    This is planned for the northwest corner of 178th and May Avenue. .
    what is interesting is that another retail development is planned for the NW corner of 164th and May that last i heard would include a grocery store ...

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    what is interesting is that another retail development is planned for the NW corner of 164th and May that last i heard would include a grocery store ...
    The area can support it, 50,000+ people that all would rather drive somewhere else than Penn and Memorial or west Edmond for groceries.

This whole thing just makes me so crazy. First of all, the offerings themselves are so awful. Like nobody in Edmond or North OKC even thought about what the highest or best use of the property would be. And then, they are just thrown up willy-nilly with no organized setup. Let's just sell each small piece of land on its own without any context with what's around it. The suburbs of OKC are so damn junky. I mean, what city department attempts to regulate this stuff? Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    +!

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    https://retailproperties.cbre.us/p/r...may#highlights

https://retailproperties.cbre.us/pro.../view/id:33971

Land is currently being cleared.and making way for a Starbucks, 7 Eleven, Taco Bell, and more. This is planned for the northwest corner of 178th and May Avenue.

Appears that a grocery store will be built just north of the proposed 7 Eleven. Given the size, most likely a Walmart Neighborhood style store (32,000 square feet). (I mean you could hope with Rose Creek just south it would be something like a TJ's or Uptown, but I wouldn't hold your breath)

Given the density of the neighborhoods in this area, and how there isn't much other retail developed in the immediate area, these places should make bank.
    Where did you get information about a grocery store? We've really been hoping for one close by, specifically a Sprouts. I would hope the WM Neighborhood Market at NW 164th & Western would be too much overlap for there to be one at 178th & May.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Where did you get information about a grocery store? We've really been hoping for one close by, specifically a Sprouts. I would hope the WM Neighborhood Market at NW 164th & Western would be too much overlap for there to be one at 178th & May.
    The parcel next to Starbucks is listed as 32,000 feet and under contract. Walmart Neighborhood Markets tend to be around that size. Other grocery stores that are not “Super” tend to be 60-75k square feet. The only other thing in this range would be Aldi, but they tend to be a little smaller usually around 20k sq ft.

At one time, OKC PUD 1604 had a grocery store coming in at 192nd and May, but it appears that development has stalled.

There was also a rumor of a higher end grocery store coming to the northwest corner of 164th and May. If that comes to realization, it seems to be where a Sprouts, or a second TJ’s could go, pulling in traffic from west Edmond and the Quail Springs/ Deer Creek area.

We aren't crazy about another WM, but if the store is more like the one across from Casady school and less like the one at NW 164th & Western, we'll be pretty happy with that.

Sprouts or TJ's would be fantastic at NW 164th & May!

Does anyone know who the developer is on this project?

Thread Information