Widgets Magazine

Thread: Large area south of Crest at 104th and May?

Default Large area south of Crest at 104th and May?

I know this was discussed in the past, but, haven't seen anything on it for quite some time. Just drove by said area a little bit ago and considerable clearing and dirt work now going on there. Does anyone know what is going in that area? Thanks for responses.

Default Re: Large area south of Crest at 104th and May?

from what i understand, it's going to be a nursing home.

I have been told this is not a nursing home but is upscale senior living. It is my understanding this facility will not provide medical care. I spoke to a resident in the neighborhood and they were very clear this is not a nursing home or memory center.

certainly not the best choice of words on my part... the building permit does say that the project is senior living.

Regardless it’s noting to get excited about and a little disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Regardless it’s noting to get excited about and a little disappointing.
    Agree 100%. Completely wasted development opportunity at that location.

I’ve started to give up on this area or area near Walmart being anything more than another haven for crappy fast food and strip centers. Seems like if I want anything different I have to go to Moore/Norman or Memorial Road.

I’ve started to give up on this area or area near Walmart being anything more than another haven for crappy fast food and strip centers. Seems like if I want anything different I have to go to Moore/Norman or Memorial Road.
    Agree. And, even though it is a fast food burger place, what happened to the Whataburger that was supposed to go in near the Walmart Super Center?

My feelings exactly. I don't understand the lack of quality development in south okc. It would be really interesting to hear from developers as to the causes.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg78 View Post
    I have been told this is not a nursing home but is upscale senior living. It is my understanding this facility will not provide medical care. I spoke to a resident in the neighborhood and they were very clear this is not a nursing home or memory center.
    If this is the same place....the Daily Oklahoman calls it a assisted living and memory center also. (third story down in link) https://newsok.com/article/5600563/r...or-july-7-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    If this is the same place....the Daily Oklahoman calls it a assisted living and memory center also. (third story down in link) https://newsok.com/article/5600563/r...or-july-7-2018
    No doubt that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    Agree. And, even though it is a fast food burger place, what happened to the Whataburger that was supposed to go in near the Walmart Super Center?
    All the development on the WM outparcels have seemingly stopped in their tracks. Chicken Express has done nothing with their permit or land, and nothing else is cooking. We've got nothing going right now. Nothing. (And, no, a carwash and a Verizon retail store don't count). I thought once the density increased and the Pub W success showed the area's viability, we'd get some good alternative developments, but nothing. Just nothing. So frustrating! Just crap fast food and stinking carwashes...

I'm afraid part of it is still, after all these years, this faux stigma attached to south OKC. I thought surely after the success of Chatenay we'd shed some of that historical baggage, but it doesn't seem that way.

I wonder to what extent Crest has had influence on the 104th and May corner. I heard they long ago put the kibosh on a Chili's at that corner. I wonder how Amazon has screwed up development along Portland or the WM outparcels....

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    All the development on the WM outparcels have seemingly stopped in their tracks. Chicken Express has done nothing with their permit or land, and nothing else is cooking. We've got nothing going right now. Nothing. (And, no, a carwash and a Verizon retail store don't count). I thought once the density increased and the Pub W success showed the area's viability, we'd get some good alternative developments, but nothing. Just nothing. So frustrating! Just crap fast food and stinking carwashes...

I'm afraid part of it is still, after all these years, this faux stigma attached to south OKC. I thought surely after the success of Chatenay we'd shed some of that historical baggage, but it doesn't seem that way.

I wonder to what extent Crest has had influence on the 104th and May corner. I heard they long ago put the kibosh on a Chili's at that corner. I wonder how Amazon has screwed up development along Portland or the WM outparcels....
    South OKC is practically invisible on the OKC Chambers website and Visit OKC. I particularly like the description they use "Southern Oklahoma City " and "Similar to its counterparts in the northwest".

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post

I wonder to what extent Crest has had influence on the 104th and May corner. I heard they long ago put the kibosh on a Chili's at that corner.....
    How would Crest do that? Do they own the land that Chili's would've been on? Otherwise, I can't see a local (albeit large) grocery store chain having that much influence on a nationwide restaurant's chain decision to locate on a corner near a Crest location.

Thread Information