Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Lip Smackers

Default Re: Lip Smackers

Quote Originally Posted by jackirons View Post
    Not just you. That place is nothing special.
    Correct, the place is nothing special, and in fact sucks.

The burgers, on the other hand...

They have closed and plan to reopen next month in Northpark Mall.

Oh no. I hope this new location works well for them, but it means I'll be going much less often bordering on almost never. I hardly ever make it up there.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Oh no. I hope this new location works well for them, but it means I'll be going much less often bordering on almost never. I hardly ever make it up there.
    Same for me. I'm never by that mall.

Totally sucks for me. Went from walking distance to an area I never go.

We go to Northpark often for Hacienda and it seems like they are always busy, so if this place is as good as everybody says it is I'm sure it will do great. I look forward to giving it a try!

We make the trip up for Shogun steak house.yes it’s dated, but perfect and consistent.Lipsmackers is off the menu from here out. Way too far north.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    We make the trip up for Shogun steak house.yes it’s dated, but perfect and consistent.Lipsmackers is off the menu from here out. Way too far north.
    On topic...I hope lip smackers does well at Northpark. Off topic....I think Shoguns would kill it in Bricktown. It is so outdated where it is at but is such a great restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    On topic...I hope lip smackers does well at Northpark. Off topic....I think Shoguns would kill it in Bricktown. It is so outdated where it is at but is such a great restaurant.
    If the ownership ever moved locations it would be a tragedy if they didn’t try to keep it dated. That place is like a better-cheaper-funner[sic] cattleman’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    If the ownership ever moved locations it would be a tragedy if they didn’t try to keep it dated. That place is like a better-cheaper-funner[sic] cattleman’s.
    It is fun and is the only time we go north

HangryHippo Guest

It is fun and is the only time we go north
    Where is Shoguns? Sounds like I need to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Where is Shoguns? Sounds like I need to try it.
    Northpark Mall which is the same mall that Lipsmackers is going. Will Lipsmackers have an outside entrance or be tucked into the mall somewhere?

http://www.shogunokc.com/

HangryHippo Guest

Northpark Mall which is the same mall that Lipsmackers is going. Will Lipsmackers have an outside entrance or be tucked into the mall somewhere?

http://www.shogunokc.com/
    Thanks Jeep. Looks like I'll be heading to Northpark for Lip Smackers and Shoguns. Any dishes at Shoguns you recommend?

We love Shoguns but went there last month and it was pretty disappointing. Didn't reach the table until 7:30 with a 6:30 reservation. Our group of three was joined only by a group of two. The tables and plates were covered in grease and grime. Food was okay. Chef seemed to be just going through the motions, but did liven up a bit when we started discussing travel. Hopefully it was just an off night. It will be hard to go back if we have a similar experience again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Thanks Jeep. Looks like I'll be heading to Northpark for Lip Smackers and Shoguns. Any dishes at Shoguns you recommend?
    i'd also hit up Hacienda Tacos, which is in the mall as well.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i'd also hit up Hacienda Tacos, which is in the mall as well.
    Thanks Jedi. Sounds like I should've been trekking to the mall well before now, lol.

The Hamilton opens in the mall very soon as well:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...light=hamilton

Is that Baby-Boomer nightclub still there? Called The List, or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Is that Baby-Boomer nightclub still there? Called The List, or something like that?
    Yes, The Liszt.

We must be pretty spoiled with great burgers in OK if folks are out here saying Lip Smackers is no good...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have closed and plan to reopen next month in Northpark Mall.
    Any idea which spot and if it had a restaurant in it before or will they have to build out new? Doesn't seem like they'd have the capital to build a whole new restaurant, but maybe I'm wrong, also not sure if there are any spots that were restaurants besides City Bites, been forever since we've been there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Any idea which spot and if it had a restaurant in it before or will they have to build out new? Doesn't seem like they'd have the capital to build a whole new restaurant, but maybe I'm wrong, also not sure if there are any spots that were restaurants besides City Bites, been forever since we've been there.
    I might be messing this up but I think Hacienda is where City Bites was. There's a bakery in there that we tried when visiting Santa. Would not be surprised if it had closed and they'd be going in there. There was also a Billy Simms in there for a hot minute.

The bakery is still in Northpark.

I don't know where Lip Smackers will go. Have not seen any building permits yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The bakery is still in Northpark.

I don't know where Lip Smackers will go. Have not seen any building permits yet.
    Hmmm, seems like if they plan to open back up "next month", there'd be permits already? Or is 6 weeks enough time to get the permits and (re)build a space?

^

They might not need building permits.

They didn't when they opened their current spot.

Thread Information