Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Lip Smackers

Default Re: Lip Smackers

Stick a fork in it, it's done. done. finished.

To borrow from Bro. Bogart in Casablanca: "In the overall scheme of things . . . a burger is just a burger. Yet some of us will always have a memory of the Best Burger Ever. Not in Paris, TX . . . In a fledgling eatery, next to a sketchy filling station, not far from downtown OKC. If someone hadn't suggested to the Owner that it would be a good idea to take wing and fly north . . . Well then, I recon it is what it ain't. =~)

I'd be interested to know who would suggest to go North as well. I don't see NorthPark getting a lot of traffic at all.

Hacienda Tacos does very well there, but of course they face right on May and have a patio facing that direction as well.

Seeing how the gas station closed too, maybe he had no choice.

Believe it or not, there are plenty of us up here in the God-forsaken North who would - gasp! clutching of pearls! - go to Northpark for an excellent burger.

Wish they could have make it work, still never got to try this although I guess that’s my fault more than anything else.

On another note, didn’t take long for a pretty visible homeless camp to pop up at their old location at I-44 and Penn now that that building is completely empty.

I know Lip Smackers never reopened, I understand that,

I'm just wondering if he ever surfaced at any other restaurant around town?

Surely he is working somewhere? Or maybe he moved away.

He just disappeared as far as I know.

Just curious.

Believe it or not, it looks like Lipsmackers is going to resurface at I-240 and Sunnylane of all places.

There has been a sign permit for them at the new E-Express gas/convenience store that is being built on the SW corner of that intersection, immediately north of a run-down E-Express which will be bulldozed.

The new store will have multiple food vendors, including a Subway which is moving from the old building, an Einstein's Bagels and a burrito place.

On the north side of the building is an attached but completely separate space for Huddle House, a national chain with a few truck stop locations in the area; looks very similar to Waffle House.

I stopped by there to take the photos below, and that crappy old store was booming so evidently there is a good market in that area.

The new E-Express looks like they are about a month out from finishing, and will have a drive-thru around the back similar to OnCue. They are a local outfit with a handful of locations but obviously stepping up their game due to OnCue and the new 7-11's.

Wow, what a revival. Hope it works out!

With both livegrass gone and Chef curry going back to mainly meal prep, it's now this and charcoal oven for me to consider for a burger go to.

Einstein bagels, is that the first location in the metro?

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Einstein bagels, is that the first location in the metro?
    i think there's one in the mike monroney center... but this will be the first in the metro open to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i think there's one in the mike monroney center... but this will be the first in the metro open to the general public.
    There is also one in Headington Hall (dorm) at OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There is also one in Headington Hall (dorm) at OU.
    ahh... did not know that!

That's a very Oncue inspired design. But if it works for Oncue, why not copy them.

Regarding Einstein Bros Bagels, there are 6 area locations in the Tulsa area. It seems like OKC is underserved for this bagel chain.

The Einstein locations in Norman and OKC are not meant to serve the general public.

Another twist, instead of Lip Smackers the burger place in the new E-Express will be called Knockout Burgers.

No idea if the same people are involved.

Hope its the same guy. I dunno if I'll ever get over losing Lipsmackers.

Once this opens, I'll go down and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Once this opens, I'll go down and check it out.
    They actually had a Lip Smackers sign on the building for a while. I wonder what happened to that?

Looks like the elusive Lip Smackers is not making a return.

The new E-Express is now open at I-240 & Sunnylane and there is Einstein's Bagels a burrito place and something called Knockout Burgers.

24. Default Re: Lip Smackers

Well that's disappointing.

I suppose Jabar could be running the burger place under a different name.

Keep hope alive!

Thread Information