Widgets Magazine
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Far West Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    New stand-alone location with a drive-thru under construction between 7-11 and Wendy's at 717 S. MacArthur:



    https://www.tropicalsmoothiecafe.com/

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    sign is up for the one going into a strip center at sw 104th & i-44.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    There are a bunch around but I believe the MacArthur site is the first location in the area that is free-standing.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    Nice! They have great smoothies!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    There is also one going in at the new Bronco Plaza in Mustang that is going in by Lowes.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    They have a local franchisee who is behind a pretty aggressive expansion.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have a local franchisee who is behind a pretty aggressive expansion.
    If he is the owner of the one in Yukon, then he might want to spend some money on improving service. The Yukon on seems to always be busy and often seems understaffed from Lunch until Dinner. I would love to have a drive thru option out here... But sadly it is in a strip mall where a drive thru wouldn't be feasible.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    I love smoothies. Make one pretty much every other day. Notice i said I make one. Let's face it they are pretty cheap and easy to make at home. It's for me a little bit of OJ, yogurt, banana, just 2-3 strawberries and some ice. I'm probably spending no more than $2 to make one at home. Not sure what they charge here but I would imagine $5-$6?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    Never heard of this place before, but after looking at their menu and seeing that one is right up NW expressway and May from me I am definitely going to give them a try. Been missing a local smoothie place after the Jamba Juice in Belle Isle closed.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    i am not a big smoothie person but i love TSC. the simplicity of their menu is nice, compared to smoothie king that has like 100 menu options. "menu fatigue" is a very real thing, too many options can make it so difficult. i think tropical has a nice balance of variety and simplicity without getting a headache trying to choose. wish we had them where j live.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Never heard of this place before, but after looking at their menu and seeing that one is right up NW expressway and May from me I am definitely going to give them a try. Been missing a local smoothie place after the Jamba Juice in Belle Isle closed.
    Is Jamba local? I really like TSC, granted I don't think they're local anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    i am not a big smoothie person but i love TSC. the simplicity of their menu is nice, compared to smoothie king that has like 100 menu options. "menu fatigue" is a very real thing, too many options can make it so difficult. i think tropical has a nice balance of variety and simplicity without getting a headache trying to choose. wish we had them where j live.
    I like that TSC has significantly less sugar in their smoothies than smoothie king too.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    Take a look at their nutrition guide at Sugars vs Sugars with Splenda -- most smoothies have over 50 g of added turbinado sugars... to something made primarily of fruit! Kinda crazy to me. Just something to be aware of, and I'm sure you could request them to leave it out in addition to the Splenda substitute option.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

    Quote Originally Posted by cappa View Post
    Take a look at their nutrition guide at Sugars vs Sugars with Splenda -- most smoothies have over 50 g of added turbinado sugars... to something made primarily of fruit! Kinda crazy to me. Just something to be aware of, and I'm sure you could request them to leave it out in addition to the Splenda substitute option.
    Yes, tell them no sweetener and they will not add any turbinado or splenda. They will also do 1/2 turbinado. I usually get no sweetener as I can't stand the flavor of splenda, and they are perfectly sweet.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Smoothie King
    By ljbab728 in forum Restaurants & Bars
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2015, 05:01 PM
  2. 2014 Tropical Weather Discussion
    By venture in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-03-2014, 10:42 PM
  3. 2012 Tropical Weather Discussion
    By venture in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 03:13 PM
  4. Tropical Weather Discussion 2011
    By venture in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 11:32 PM
  5. Tropical Weather Discussion
    By westsidesooner in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 10:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO