Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516

Thread: Lip Smackers

Default Re: Lip Smackers

Knockout Burgers opens on the 10th. No menu or anything up currently to try and figure out any ties to Lip Smackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Knockout Burgers opens on the 10th. No menu or anything up currently to try and figure out any ties to Lip Smackers.
    Where did you see the opening info?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Where did you see the opening info?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210505_113418.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	956.3 KB 
ID:	16841

Love the logo!

Went to Knockout Burgers today! It was odd, in the way that you order from one of three touchscreens, then go to the gas counter to pay. (i don't have a problem with that, but there's nobody there to tell you all this!)
    Liked the fries, especially since I got two orders thanks to the counter-intuitive user interface! Had a bacon cheeseburger with extra cheese and the optional raw onions. The burger was "Pretty OK", but not quite "Destination" fare. Very nice store though, with a casual sitting area next to a giant faux fireplace.
    OH, and the burrito/bowl place next to the burger window looked GREAT! Definitely trying them this week.
    Please move to new thread if appropriate.

Well, its pretty clearly not Lip Smackers 2.0. The burger was not anything noteworthy on its own.

Their original location -- the convenience store on the NE corner of I-44 and Penn -- is set to be demolished.

The property hasn't sold and I haven't seen any building permits, so no idea about what will come next.

Could be pulling it down simply because so many homeless camp out there and it's a perpetual mess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fire.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	17120 There was a fire at the old location this weekend that I phoned into 9-11.
    Not a great picture but demonstrates what Pete was saying, imagine it was started by homeless camp.

Friends ran into the owner of Lip Smackers a week or so ago... he's supposedly looking for a new location - but hasn't he said that before? Supposedly one of the closed Jimmy's Egg locations.

Quote Originally Posted by jennydahl View Post
    Friends ran into the owner of Lip Smackers a week or so ago... he's supposedly looking for a new location - but hasn't he said that before? Supposedly one of the closed Jimmy's Egg locations.
    Pretty sure that was said after moving out of penn & i44, and then during the stay aroudn 240. Wish him luck.

Thread Information