Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Lip Smackers

Default Re: Lip Smackers

Maybe the old Billy Sim's space?

You would think they would want a place with existing equipment, as that's how they landed at their previous location.

Any update?

4. Default Re: Lip Smackers

Why in the world does he allow his Facebook page to be a year old since the last post and it still indicates he is open and operating on Penn.

They hope to open in about a week at Northpark.

I'll keep an eye on things and post when they are open.

I have a friend who offices out of Northpark. I will touch base with him to see if he can get some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

yes Pete, please do. this will be a closer drive for me, and i'll be certain to make it. i made it a few times to the old location for lunch, even though it cut my lunch hour pretty short with the drive

They are taking the old Billy Sims space, which is just inside the south entrance on the west side of the mall.

Will be a very similar setup as Hacienda Tacos, with an entrance outside and inside the mall. The outside entrance is underneath that covered entrance just to the south of BC Clark.

Are Hacienda Tacos in the space that was formerly occupied by City Bites for many years?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

We drove by yesterday... looks the same as your pics. Windows still covered by the brown paper. We, and many others in the Village, have been looking forward to the opening... it'll get great traffic once it opens.

That is if we Villagers can manage to get out of our neighborhoods with all the bloody road construction going on... and on... and on...

Just two days ago, they filed for a building permit.

I suspect they tried to get open without one, then realized it would be needed and now have to wait for the city to approve.

Yes, City Bites moved into the building in the NE corner of the property, next to the liquor store, and Hacienda took over their old space.

I just stopped by Northpark, place still looks the same with the windows covered up, still not open.

Hmmmm. Sum Ting Wong.

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    I just stopped by Northpark, place still looks the same with the windows covered up, still not open.
    They still haven't had their building permit issued.

I believe they started work with the thought and intention of not needing a permit and then the city stepped in and work stopped.

Jest fer fun . . . and approaching lunchtime . . . I took a stroll through the New! Improved!! NorthPark Mall. I even took a pratfall for the team suggesting the need for Safety Tape on the Mallwalk in search of the perfect burger. The resident Safety Officer informed me that they weren't open yet. Dang.

Was that perhaps a harbinger of why Gourmet Gallery moved to Edmond?

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Was that perhaps a harbinger of why Gourmet Gallery moved to Edmond?
    Weren't both locations open at the same time for years? I may be wrong, but I thought the Gourmet Gallery in the mall had the same owner(s) as the one on Boulevard a few blocks south of 15th St., and thought the Edmond one had been open for years alongside the mall one.

Drove by yesterday and they still aren't open and it was hard to see if they've made much progress inside.

But they should be close soon because they have all the necessary building permits.

Rumor has it: November 11 opening...

So is today the day or what??

I'm not seeing any hints on Facebook or their website... we've got to get out for an appointment around 12:30. We'll drive by and report back. I'm going to be so disappointed in my source if the rumor doesn't prove true!

No joy. My rumor source was correct in one thing (another restaurant in North Park: The Hamilton), but not about Lip Smackers... windows are still papered over and 'Coming Soon' signs still up.

I peaked in about a week ago and it looked like they were close.

As long as I have an onion dip burger by Christmas I'll be happy.

Thread Information