Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lip Smackers

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lip Smackers

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Drove by at 6:30 last night and they appeared to be closed.
    Jabbar told me their hours are 11-3. The 11-7 posted here earlier wasn’t correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Jabbar told me their hours are 11-3. The 11-7 posted here earlier wasn’t correct.
    Right. Just confirming that.

11-7 was correct at the time as he told me directly.

He must have changed them again.

Consistent shorter hours are better than disappointed customers who made a trip to find it closed because they keep on changing.

I can only say two things. 1 - The olive burger is amazing. If you want to call that the best burger in Oklahoma, I'm not going to argue. I may never get around to trying anything else. 2 - I won't return until the hours stop changing every other day. It's a bit of a schlep for me, and I can't make that trip if I don't know the place will be open or not when I get there. Pick a pony and stick with it.

seems like if you maintained the visits in the 11-3 window you'd be safe.

7. Default Re: Lip Smackers

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    11-7 was correct at the time as he told me directly.

He must have changed them again.
    Marketing 101 - Don't have a Facebook profile for your business if you are going to post bad information. His Facebook profile still shows the hours of operation as 11am - 10pm.

There also hasn't been an updated posted to the profile since July - with no updated posts with the local media attention he's received.

It's a shame really. Lots of missed opportunities.

Smh. I’m starting to wonder if he did tell Steve Lackmeyer that whole story about closing early because of the area being unsafe. Wouldn’t surprise me being how inconsistent everything is with this place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Smh. I’m starting to wonder if he did tell Steve Lackmeyer that whole story about closing early because of the area being unsafe. Wouldn’t surprise me being how inconsistent everything is with this place.
    Except the food.

He told me that the area is not a good area for business at night. You can interpret that however you want.

10. Default Re: Lip Smackers

This thread is like reading a soap opera!

Good for PR, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Good for PR, right?
    Very much so

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    This thread is like reading a soap opera!
    Ain't that the truth. Worried it might be closed when you get there? Punch the magic 7 digits in your phone and you will be instantly connected with the business. Easy peasy.

Blog Entries

For all those so interested in his business, just go ask him. He’s very personable and will discuss his business. He may actually be too transparent for his own good. He loves fixing food for people. He isn’t as focused on making big profits or expanding as many on here think he should be. He’s sort of refreshing, in a way. I just hope he is a good enough business mgr. to be able to stay in business and keep serving his delicious burgers.

15. Default Re: Lip Smackers

It's a discussion forum..... some people actually like to 'discuss' things (imagine that).

Maybe the quirky hours, likable owner, less than desirable location and non-attention to social media will grow on people... and, if he can hang in there financially, Lip Smackers will simply become a sought out burger joint like Nic's (the original).

They are now open to 7PM.

Went in for lunch today 1/4/19. counted 23 people in there. Jabbar was glad to see me again. Had the grilled olive burger. Fantastic!

Jabbar one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

Had my monthly visit last week and the onion dip burger was as good as it ever was. Plenty of customers in there as well.

Drove by on Saturday at 6pm and it was open. It shouldn’t be pointed out by the guy running the shop but there is a staggering amount of people living under that overpass. I’m not sure why it’s a lucrative location. My guess is a perfect storm of booze drugs handouts and a convenience store.

At any rate I’m happy to see amazing food served in a seedy gas station 30 feet off the interstate get so much attention. I’ve been raving about dhaba and “Indian grocery store” for years.

^

I live nearby that I-44/Penn underpass.

There are always panhandlers there and a bunch of homeless that cruise between that spot and to the south, where there is a liquor store and Circle K.

But I've never felt the least bit unsafe. It's just a busy intersection with lots of businesses in the urban core.

Also, the police show up there regularly and make sure trash is picked up and that people are generally abiding by laws.

i need to make a trip back here soon. haven't been since early November.. might have to get a burger for there and a sandwich to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I live nearby that I-44/Penn underpass.

There are always panhandlers there and a bunch of homeless that cruise between that spot and to the south, where there is a liquor store and Circle K.

But I've never felt the least bit unsafe. It's just a busy intersection with lots of businesses in the urban core.

Also, the police show up there regularly and make sure trash is picked up and that people are generally abiding by laws.
    I will say that the trash situation has gone way better. In college I did a stint as a graveyard shift clerk at a 7/11 I took a lot of abuse from fore mentioned demographic. “You can buy beer after 2am” and “this isn’t enough money for cigarettes.” Got so scary that sometimes I would pull change out of my own pocket so I didn’t get screamed at.

It all worked out in the end I was fired after falling asleep on the floor while stocking cigarettes. CCTV revealed I was down there for almost 2 hours, lol.

We ate there for lunch today. Everything was delicious, and the young man taking our order exhibited great customer service. As we were finishing up, Jabbar came to the table to give us a delicious piece of cheesecake drizzled with marshmallow and strawberry sauces. It was a pleasant surprise!

He mentioned that they are going to be relocating Lip Smackers to the shopping center at Hefner and May sometime in June. This would appear to be a good thing, I would think, as it's probably a better location for them. Bummer for us, though, because that's quite a bit further from where we live.

That should be a good move for them I hope.

Thread Information