Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spark

Default Re: Spark

I’m not real crazy about the name. I thought I’d grow on me and it just hasn’t. The burger looks good though.

Burger looks very solid. I get slight Shake Shack vibes, which is not a bad thing at all.

I like the name. I like the signage and styling. Huge win, imo. Can't wait for it to open.

Blog Entries

the name sorta... sparks imagination...

Spark set to open in Scissortail Park

After pandemic-driven disruptions in the various supply chains, the proprietors of the Jones Assembly are set to open Spark in Scissortail Park.

With an opening date set for Tuesday October 26th, Spark will offer a wide variety of burgers, fries, shakes, frozen custard as well as soft drinks, beer and wine at the north end of the park.

Spark will feature a large indoor dining area and beautiful covered patio with panoramic views of the park. Quick refreshments can be ordered from a walk-up window and a separate window will be used for to-go orders placed online.

All food and drink can be enjoyed at Spark or carried into the very popular park.

Hours will be 11 AM to 10 PM every day, regardless of the weather.

good stuff ..

I love the fact they are going to be open every day from early lunch to late.

The problem with all the food/drink places in the Myriad Gardens was the inconsistent hours. I tried to go to the various establishments and would almost always find them closed.

As busy as Scissortail Park is, I bet Spark does very well.

Oh nice, no more having to guess what food trucks might be there when I take the kids to the park. Nice to have a consistent lunch option.

Looks like an upscale Dairy Queen. Not saying that's a bad or good thing, just the type of food and color scheme I see in the pictures. DQ should be taking notes!

Blog Entries

Such a missed opportunity for more green LED lighting downtown, which we are sorely lacking

Frozen custard - wonder if it'll be Freddy's/Culver's-level or Kopp's-level? Hoping for Kopp's, but not expecting it, not many places have frozen custard that good.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Such a missed opportunity for more green LED lighting downtown, which we are sorely lacking
    Pink would complement green nicely.

Really glad to see this finally opening, I will have to give it a try sometime. Probably try that corndog.

Another one I took last night:

Going to a soft opening next week, looking forward to finally trying it out.

Is there any information about the beer and wine they will be offering?

I didn't realize you could drink alcohol in the park...I do it, just didn't know it was legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Dearborn View Post
    I didn't realize you could drink alcohol in the park...I do it, just didn't know it was legal.
    There's typically drink booths set up at a majority of the events at the Park (Concerts, farmer's markets, night markets, etc.).

Reminder that Spark opened today and will be open every day from 11 AM to 10PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Frozen custard - wonder if it'll be Freddy's/Culver's-level or Kopp's-level? Hoping for Kopp's, but not expecting it, not many places have frozen custard that good.
    Have you ever had Jared's in Bartlesville? It's the best I have ever.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Have you ever had Jared's in Bartlesville? It's the best I have ever.
    Nope, been in Bartlesville twice, but never knew about it, doubt we'll be there again to try it, though - we never get up that way for anything and now that we've stayed in Price Tower, not much need to go there again. Ever had any frozen custard from any place in Milwaukee (the experts in the country, apparently) to compare?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    now that we've stayed in Price Tower
    not to derail the thread... but, was it worth the trip? it's been on my 'list' for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    not to derail the thread... but, was it worth the trip? it's been on my 'list' for a while now.
    I just looked at it on google maps. I will definitely be planning a trip there it looks awesome! I have never been to Bartlesville before.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Yes, absolutely! We're fans of FLLW, though (toured his Oak Park house, both Taliesins (twice for West, one daytime, one nighttime), John Fahey concert at Unity Temple, multiple exhibitions and house tours), so we're biased. If you go, get one of the two-story rooms, and if you're tall, you might be miserable. I'm 5'9" and wife is shorter than that and it was fine for us, but if you're taller than me, it might not be fun due to the room sizes, staircase/elevator sizes, etc.

Thread Information