Widgets Magazine

Thread: Spark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Spark

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Frozen custard - wonder if it'll be Freddy's/Culver's-level or Kopp's-level? Hoping for Kopp's, but not expecting it, not many places have frozen custard that good.
    Have you ever had Jared's in Bartlesville? It's the best I have ever.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Nope, been in Bartlesville twice, but never knew about it, doubt we'll be there again to try it, though - we never get up that way for anything and now that we've stayed in Price Tower, not much need to go there again. Ever had any frozen custard from any place in Milwaukee (the experts in the country, apparently) to compare?

now that we've stayed in Price Tower
    not to derail the thread... but, was it worth the trip? it's been on my 'list' for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    not to derail the thread... but, was it worth the trip? it's been on my 'list' for a while now.
    I just looked at it on google maps. I will definitely be planning a trip there it looks awesome! I have never been to Bartlesville before.

Yes, absolutely! We're fans of FLLW, though (toured his Oak Park house, both Taliesins (twice for West, one daytime, one nighttime), John Fahey concert at Unity Temple, multiple exhibitions and house tours), so we're biased. If you go, get one of the two-story rooms, and if you're tall, you might be miserable. I'm 5'9" and wife is shorter than that and it was fine for us, but if you're taller than me, it might not be fun due to the room sizes, staircase/elevator sizes, etc.

Blog Entries

As an FYI, if you stay a night at Price Tower (def worth it), you get a free behind the scenes tour the public doesn't get. Worth it for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    As an FYI, if you stay a night at Price Tower (def worth it), you get a free behind the scenes tour the public doesn't get. Worth it for that alone.
    That must've been something that they started after we stayed there. We did do a tour the previous time we visited, but it was just the normal tour.

Blog Entries

That must've been something that they started after we stayed there. We did do a tour the previous time we visited, but it was just the normal tour.
    This was years ago, maybe it's something they stopped. Or maybe I'm mistaken. I just remember being in a part where they said this is not on the public tour.

Nope, been in Bartlesville twice, but never knew about it, doubt we'll be there again to try it, though - we never get up that way for anything and now that we've stayed in Price Tower, not much need to go there again. Ever had any frozen custard from any place in Milwaukee (the experts in the country, apparently) to compare?
    Sorry, I don't. Wish I did. The Milwaukee area is on my list to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    The custard they have at Spark and the dairy is from Marak Family Farms here in OK.... and it was high up there with some of the best I've had FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    The custard they have at Spark and the dairy is from Marak Family Farms here in OK.... and it was high up there with some of the best I've had FWIW.
    We'll definitely try Spark's just because it's here in the city, thx. Have never found any that's the consistency and richness, as well as had the inventive combinations, of Kopp's, but it's not like we're on a quest for the best frozen custard, we haven't searched really hard, just tried the usual suspects (Culver's, Freddy's, etc.).

12. Default Re: Spark

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Marak's is my go to when I'm making homemade cheese.

Thread Information