Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comprehensive Look at Downtown Edmond Development

Default Re: Comprehensive Look at Downtown Edmond Development

Was checking the monthly update to city projects and saw this surprising but very welcome news:

• Rebidding of Downtown lighting, ADA & ITS project: Staff is interested in rebidding
    the project in early 2021 because we especially need to proceed with much needed ADA
    improvements. We are hopeful to solicit bids and receive better pricing for the work then
    we did in March 2020. Below are some details on the 3 components of this project:
    o Lighting: 82 taller downlights to replace the existing along Broadway and a few
    side streets.
    o ITS: The goal of the project is not to improve traffic flow, but to replace traffic
    cabinets and add security cameras to better monitor traffic in real time.
    o ADA improvements: Better align existing intersections and improve wheelchair
    ramps.
    http://edmondok.com/DocumentCenter/V...er-2020?bidId=

Hopefully the city will be able to do it as originally proposed. Good on Edmond for doing this!

Great article by Edmond Active(a highly underrated publication IMO) about various things happening and being built around downtown. If you’re interested in Edmond I’d highly recommend giving this a read!

http://edmondactive.com/downtown-edm...-zxJOONFsDqSSc

It's a small change, but so nice to see Downtown Edmond business flying pride flags, both inside and out. It's nice to see and I hope it is a signal of more inclusivity in Edmond.

City Council apparently discussed another apartment complex last night. This one would be downtown and more urban style, maybe incentives are being discussed too. Anyone have the lowdown?

Several apartment complexes being proposed right now, NIMBYs must have their hands full.

I think the NIMBYs only care about the apartment buildings outside of downtown which is still dumb. Virtually every medium city has apartment buildings scattered around the city.

There are several urban type apartment/condo units planned at Stephenson Park. Maybe it’s there?

There’s plans for one next to Edmond Railyard just to the west on the other side of the tracks. Im guessing that’s what this is about. Should start this year I heard

Hadn’t even heard about those. Good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    There’s plans for one next to Edmond Railyard just to the west on the other side of the tracks. Im guessing that’s what this is about. Should start this year I heard
    This is the one on last nights agenda. Milhaus, a large national developer, is the developer apparently and is asking for money I think. I was curious if anyone went or followed last nights meeting. It wont be starting this year if they are only just beginning the discussion.

Thread Information