Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Auto Dealerships

Default Best Auto Dealerships

My wife and I are expecting our first baby in the fall and we are needing to upgrade her car to something newer and larger. We have been looking at third-party vehicles, but it is hit and miss with what we want and the condition.

So we have decided to start looking at dealerships. We went out to Diffee in El Reno a few weeks ago but since they only sell Ford and Lincoln we didn't get to try out anything from GM or Chrysler or any imported brands.

My question for you all is what are some of your experiences, good or bad, with the metro area dealerships. Which dealerships would you personally recommend? We are not opposed to driving out to Guthrie or Weatherford either. We are looking for a 2015 or newer SUV with a 3rd row. So far we have driven the Ford Explorer and the wife seemed to like it very much, but she still wants to shop around.

Thanks for you input!

Default Re: Best Auto Dealerships

We recently had a good experience at Hudiburg Subaru. We ended up buying a subaru from here and they've been pretty good. try to get you to add on and do stuff from the maintenance side for high cost that I'm just going to do at home (change air filter, rotate tires things I can do and at the dealership they wanted an arm and a leg for it)

Had a pretty bad experience (just awfully pushy) at Westpointe chrysler/jeep/dodge

I also had an amazing experience at bob moore Pontiac but that was 10 years ago now.

about 5 years ago had a piss poor experience at bob moore Kia.

so it's kind of a crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    My wife and I are expecting our first baby in the fall and we are needing to upgrade her car to something newer and larger. We have been looking at third-party vehicles, but it is hit and miss with what we want and the condition.

So we have decided to start looking at dealerships. We went out to Diffee in El Reno a few weeks ago but since they only sell Ford and Lincoln we didn't get to try out anything from GM or Chrysler or any imported brands.

My question for you all is what are some of your experiences, good or bad, with the metro area dealerships. Which dealerships would you personally recommend? We are not opposed to driving out to Guthrie or Weatherford either. We are looking for a 2015 or newer SUV with a 3rd row. So far we have driven the Ford Explorer and the wife seemed to like it very much, but she still wants to shop around.

Thanks for you input!
    Not sure if this will be helpful, but I am generally not a fan of the shopping experience at any David Stanley dealerships. Went a few times with my dad when he was buying vehicles and it was always a super high pressure, sleazy, don't-let-them-leave-the-lot type of sales experience. Even when I was looking for my first car, they were trying to get me to sign agreements in advance to get "the best price".

The worst was when I won one of their "scratcher" mailers. It said I had a choice between like an iPod or some amount of cash. I called the dealership and asked the person like 5 times "there's no chance I didn't actually win one of these two things, right? Like I don't want to drive all the way to your dealership if I'm not walking away with one of these prizes."

They assured me over and over that I had actually won. I got there and nope, I had to try some key to open some safe in order to claim my prize. Obviously I didn't win and they gave me $2 for trying. Just terrible.

On a positive note, Battison Honda and Automax Hyundai are pretty great experiences. I unfortunately ended up purchasing vehicles elsewhere, but both the sales and service experiences have always been positive for me.

Blog Entries

Lived here all my life, and my experiences have been poor with Bob Howard, and Bob Moore. Frontier auto group in El Reno has been really good, and Seth Wadley in Pauls Valley as well.

My advice to you is to use the internet. You can get the VIN off a vehicle you see, and call another dealership with that VIN and ask them what the best they can do "out the door bottom line". They are all going to add misc BS fees at the end so talk bottom line. If you go in person, LEAVE THE LOT AT LEAST ONCE!!! The deal will get even better within 24 hours.

In 2014 I called Bob Howard and asked what the best they can do on a 2014 Jeep Wrangle Unlimited. I then used that VIN, called Frontier Jeep, and the price was $900 lower. They called Bob Howard and did a dealer trade with 2 vehicles (happens all the time), and we picked the exact Jeep that was at BH from Frontier 24 hours later!!! $900 in savings mainly due to the rural dealership not having the built in overhead that the big city dealer had.

In my most recent purchases, I've bought three SUVs from Automax Hyundai and one from Bob Howard Hyundai. All four experiences were as good as I could have hoped for. If I had to pick between the two, I would go choose Automax, but I could easily go back to Bob Howard.

We bought an SUV from Bob Moore Audi late last year. Very easy to work with. No pressure at all. Bought an SUV at Bob Moore Land Rover 6 years ago and was also very easy. I think the salesmen at the Land Rover dealer (Monroe) is still there, and was very friendly and helpful.

My only bad experience came about 10 years ago at a Nissan dealership on the west side of Broadway (not sure it's there any longer?). I test drove a vehicle with a very pushy salesman, and when I asked about getting some printed materials before I left, he put me in an office where I was ultimately cornered by the manager trying to get me to purchase on the spot. They did not get my business.

My most recent vehicle came from Carter Chevrolet out in Okarche. I went out there specifically to look at one vehicle they had advertised. They were very friendly and easy to work with, no pressure or tricks, and I got a *great* deal on my used Impala. I'd absolutely buy from them again. Highly recommended. Before that, I had a Malibu that came from CarMax in Edmond... Though the no-haggle thing (along with the better included warranty) mean you pay a little more upfront, I still would recommend them because there was zero pressure and the salesperson was genuinely interested in helping me find the car that fit me the best.

9. Default Re: Best Auto Dealerships

My dealings with Hudiburg Subaru, Reynolds Ford and Fowler Toyota have been great. I am one of those people that get everything done online shop around then go in to buy and nothing else after inspection.

As always make sure you haggle to the full price you want to pay. Walk away from people who talk about "how much do you want to pay per month?"

HangryHippo Guest

Bob Howard Toyota and Bob Howard Honda have both been good to me. However, I wouldn't give you two ****s for Reynolds Ford or any David Stanley dealership.

Try looking at private sales. You will save some cash.

Has anybody used Carvana or TrueCar?

Based on various experiences over the last few years, big fan of VW of Edmond (bought a car), Bob Moore Audi (bought a car), and Carmax (traded in and bought a car), not a fan at all of Fiat/Alfa Romeo of Edmond and by extension Edmond Hyundai (tried to buy a car and have had to deal with their service department - none of which has been a good experience).

14. Default Re: Best Auto Dealerships

We also had a good experience at Hudiburg Subaru in 2011 and have loved our Subaru since then. What a great value for a great car.

15. Default Re: Best Auto Dealerships

I’ve had one experience with a Bob Moore dealership. The Jeep dealer on NW Expressway. The salesman promised us a great deal. As soon as he turned us over to the manager to close the deal the manager says there is no way that they or anyone could make that deal. I called Bob Howard Jeep the next morning and made the deal over the phone that Bob Moore said was impossible and they had the Liberty waiting for us when we went to pick it up after work. Bob Moore called me for weeks afterward saying that I was lying and that Bob Howard could not have sold me the Liberty for what they did. I will never set foot on a Bob Moore lot again. “Respectfully” my a$$!

I love this thread, because it's just a perfect picture of that industry.

Purchased from Bob Moore Mazda recently. They made me feel very good going in, but the pressure mounted quickly and they were nearly non negotiable on price. I won’t be purchasing from them ever again. Unfortunately I was in a hurry to purchase a car as my previous one was awaiting death. If I had more time I wouldn’t have purchased what I did at the price they forced on me.

The car I bought wasn’t quite ready (they were replacing windshield and brakes) so I had to wait to pick it up. I felt remorseful going in to pick it up. I feel they truly robbed me via high pressure tactics.

Bought a new F150 a few weeks ago from Patriot Ford in Purcell. Previously purchased my wife’s Edge from there and had good experiences. Before that had bought my GMC Sierra from Ferguson in Norman and liked them as well.

I used to be a big GM fan but after having stupid issues like a broken dash after a few years on a truck that was very well taken care of as well as other issues I’m done with GM. I’ve never heard anyone have a great experience with Chrysler/Dodge unless it was a 2500 Ram.

I think the Explorer would be a great bet. I’ve liked the one we rented previously. The 4Runner has a third row and I really like those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Bought a new F150 a few weeks ago from Patriot Ford in Purcell. Previously purchased my wife’s Edge from there and had good experiences. Before that had bought my GMC Sierra from Ferguson in Norman and liked them as well.

I used to be a big GM fan but after having stupid issues like a broken dash after a few years on a truck that was very well taken care of as well as other issues I’m done with GM. I’ve never heard anyone have a great experience with Chrysler/Dodge unless it was a 2500 Ram.

I think the Explorer would be a great bet. I’ve liked the one we rented previously. The 4Runner has a third row and I really like those as well.
    I also own a Chrysler minivan for camping in and it has been nothing but trouble maintenance wise. I will not purchase a Chrysler ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I also own a Chrysler minivan for camping in and it has been nothing but trouble maintenance wise. I will not purchase a Chrysler ever again.
    It’s a real bummer because they make some good looking cars but just seems as though fit and finish as well as overal quality aren’t there. From time to time there is a good one but in general I don’t trust their products. The main exception are the Ram trucks with the Cummins motors.

It is great reading through all of your guys' experiences. We might venture out and look at a dealer or two this weekend. We might go out and try Cummins in Weatherford or Frontier in El Reno. I personally don't care too much for the quality of the Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products, so we mostly will be sticking to Ford and GM and we might look at Nissan or Toyota if we can find the right deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    It is great reading through all of your guys' experiences. We might venture out and look at a dealer or two this weekend. We might go out and try Cummins in Weatherford or Frontier in El Reno. I personally don't care too much for the quality of the Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products, so we mostly will be sticking to Ford and GM and we might look at Nissan or Toyota if we can find the right deal.
    The landlord of our office building (also a friend) is big believer in Cummins. Bought both he and his wife's vehicle there.

I bought my car from Bob Moore Audi ~5 years ago and had a great experience. I bought my car at the end of the month and was able to get ~20% off the sticker as they were trying to meet quota.

David Stanley was a huge no for me. Hated dealing with them and ended up not buying a car from them. My Accord came from Battison. Their sales department was excellent to work with, but their service department is wretched. They tried to get me to believe that we live in The Matrix and that a rock flexed my outer headlight plastic inward by 4 inches to shatter the plastic surround around the bulb, EVEN THOUGH I had just had it in the week prior to have a marker light replaced on that same side. Since then all of my dealings have been with Eskridge, and they have been wonderful.

Blog Entries

My 3 kids have all bought cars in the last year. One bought from Carter Chevy in Okarche- they were easy to deal with and about as low key as you can get. Their price was pretty much the price - came down a couple of hundred but was a pretty decent deal compared to what OKC places had offered on similar used Tacomas.

Second one bought at Mainer Ford in Okarche - just a pure coincidence that we went out there again, but had a nice used Escape that was equipped like she wanted. It was a little more like a normal car dealership transaction with some games back and forth on price, but once we got a deal it was in and out pretty easy. And some free Eishens chicken from both places...HA.

Last one was Bob Moore Nissan in Norman and it was fine as well - more of a traditional deal again, but got it all handled by email in terms of the negotiations and the process was also pretty easy - were in and out in less than an hour.

Thread Information