Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hampton Inn

Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

yes, that's what i was asking. I didn't know it was going to have the same window units like the new bricktown holiday inn .

We gave up two stories of brick and we still don't get the cool tower that lights up at night that was originally planned!
    Yeah that was weak. They should have said "all brick" or "partial brick with cool tower that lights up at night". Instead, they said "give us more brick at any cost, even the signature feature".

I think the opening summer 2008 sign is cute, overly optimistic, but cute

4. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

You don't think it could be done by August 21st? =[

Actually Summer technically ends September 21st, so they have plenty of time.

I didn't realize this hotel was going to have window HVAC units...

That's disappointing. Hopefully it will look okay when finished.

7. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Nearly all new hotels have those. I suppose it is a necessary evil.

Lookin good! Both pics look much more urban than I expected. I think this building will create a new concentration of urban feeling in OKC, simply by its presence. Now all we need are about 20 more of this size of building in Bricktown, and we have a REAL district! : )

9. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

I drove by DT yesterday an tried to see how much is done, and what I saw was more bricking on the east side of the building and I believe more of that grey stuff on the south side.

10. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

When taking some pics of "The Hill" today (6/21/08), posted in another thread, I took another of the Hampton Inn to compare it with the one I posted on 6/8 ... hard to see much "external" progress (note the difference on the center top area which I presume will contain the hotel signage) but I assume that internal progress is being made ...

June 8, 2008
    Larger:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49...n_6_8_08_1.jpg

June 21, 2008
    Larger:
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49...nn_6_21_08.jpg

great to see this coming together, very solid addition to bricktown

Does anybody know what happened to the lighted glass tower feature vs. one more floor of brick? I just re-read this whole thread and it doesn't seem like there was ever a definitive answer on what happened. It appears that there isn't going to be a lighted glass tower, but there is still 2 floors of EIFS.

anybody know if they are goin to put a diner on th ground floor? that would be awesome! and good for there, something other than ihop for late night eating

14. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

The wing of the L that fronts the road sure looks like a restaurant space. I've been wondering the same.

According to the hotel's website, it sure doesn't look like there will be any sort of food service other than a continental breakfast for guests:

Oklahoma City - Bricktown Hotel Dining & Restaurants, Oklahoma - OK - Hampton Inn & Suites

Also says they will be opening 1/28/09.

damn i wish they would, it would be great... my favorite diner is in New York City, its at the bottom of the New Yorker hotel across from Madison Square Garden, the diner is called the Tick Tock diner... its awesome, maybe its because i always visit it around 2 am and all food is good while in that state of mind, but it would be a great fit for this locationa and add density!

17. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

I Love This from the Hampton website:

Local Businesses and Corporations
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

It doesn't say they are opening Jan. 2009, just says they are taking reservations for then and beyond. I know some of the other downtown hotels opened up but didn't take online reservations for several months. I hope this is the case with this hotel as well, open up before Jan. 2009, but won't be fully operational and all the kinks out until Jan. 2009.

It also says Chop Suey is nearby, call me crazy, but I don't know of any nearby places serving it up or any nearby Chinese restaurants for that matter.

19. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Ummm. They make it seem it'll open then. It says they're taking reservations FOR arrival January 28th. Sounds like its gonna open then.

Its confusing. I really don't care. :P Any recent pictures on this?

20. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

SBC and Kerr-McGee??

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I Love This from the Hampton website:

Local Businesses and Corporations
    Chesapeake 10 miles to the south. Wow. That's bigtime. Not to mention that they virtually have it sounding like this Hampton is to the west of downtown. Obviously they've been eating at Sonic headquarters as they know where it is truly located!

22. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Chesapeake 10 miles to the south. Wow. That's bigtime. Not to mention that they virtually have it sounding like this Hampton is to the west of downtown. Obviously they've been eating at Sonic headquarters as they know where it is truly located!
    Chesapeake is 4.9 miles to the North, according to Google Maps. They were only 15 miles off.

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    Chesapeake is 4.9 miles to the North, according to Google Maps. They were only 15 miles off.

Yeah, Nichols Hills Plaza is exactly 5 miles away from downtown. My stepmom has a shop there and it was close enough for the door to blow open in April of '95.

Thread Information