Widgets Magazine

Thread: Pratt & Whitney

South OKC Pratt & Whitney

Saw construction starting on the south side of 240 on Air Depot. Anyone know what is going there?

Default Re: Air Depot and I-240

Pratt & Whitney To Invest $255M In Oklahoma City Sustainment Center
    By Kate O'Connor -Published: March 27, 2023

Pratt & Whitney has announced plans to invest $255 million in a new sustainment center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. According to the company, the 845,000-square-foot facility will serve as a hub for depot operations for all of its military engines. Pratt & Whitney noted the center will also increase the site’s maintenance, repair and overhaul capabilities.

“Pratt & Whitney’s Oklahoma City site plays a critical role in our global sustainment network,” said Pratt & Whitney Military Engines president Jill Albertelli. “Last year, the team achieved record output for the F117, F119, and F135 Heavy Maintenance Centers—this investment in a new facility will further expand our capabilities and reaffirm our commitment to our customer for years to come.”

Pratt & Whitney currently has more than 450 full-time employees and another 450 partner contractors in Oklahoma City working in areas such as engineering, data analytics, materials and logistics, quality and procurement. The company says the new facility will allow it to consolidate six existing sites and add an undisclosed number of new positions. In addition to the sustainment center itself, the building will include space for offices, meeting and collaboration areas and an onsite exercise facility.

Default Re: Air Depot and I-240

Default Re: Pratt & Whitney

Nice! Thanks Pete!

The City owns that entire square mile between I-240, SE 89th, Air Depot and Midwest Blvd.

I say it all the time but the economic engine around Tinker AFB is staggering.

It’s amazing with all this development ODOT hasn’t even hinted at widening I-240. By the time they widen it to six lanes it might need eight.

Ground has broken on this project: https://journalrecord.com/2023/07/22...cility-in-okc/

The only bad thing about this is that all those consolidated offices are now going to be empty. And with the way the market is, they will probably stay empty.

Tinker Industrial Park never even had a chance to finish building all of its phases, and now has a lot of empty space. I dont recall if P&W have space there, but that's the kind of thing that kind of stinks.

Interesting to see more and more being built along that stretch of 240 that has been no-mans land for so long. Hope they dont mind hearing the gun fire from the OKC PD range next door LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisTOEpher View Post
    The only bad thing about this is that all those consolidated offices are now going to be empty. And with the way the market is, they will probably stay empty.

Tinker Industrial Park never even had a chance to finish building all of its phases, and now has a lot of empty space. I dont recall if P&W have space there, but that's the kind of thing that kind of stinks.

Interesting to see more and more being built along that stretch of 240 that has been no-mans land for so long. Hope they dont mind hearing the gun fire from the OKC PD range next door LOL.
    It won't be empty for long.

I am glad to see they are building a "cycle track" to give workers there the oppurtunity to use the multi use path. The City is planning on connecting that section with the rest of the trails network. But itll be great for anyone who might want to go for a ride at Draper after work

Quote Originally Posted by chrisTOEpher View Post
    Tinker Industrial Park never even had a chance to finish building all of its phases, and now has a lot of empty space.
    it does NOT have "a lot of empty space"

Thread Information