Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Village OK Happenings

Default Re: Village OK Happenings

These are not "Village People" that are complaining for the most part. They are retirees who moved into a new patio home community geared for the older buyer. They came from Nichols Hills, Gallardia, etc. with hopes of getting "classy" for cheaper.

The area probably has the nicest green belt in the Village, because it is built on a flood area. They don't want anyone besides themselves to use it.

2. Default Re: Village OK Happenings

I'm a biker and my fiance even started our own bicycle gang.... Granted there are only the 2 of us but we've been known to leave some tire marks in the grass on our Treks and we've almost had a few rumbles with the elderly group of incumbent riders out at Overholser.

I absolutely am going to stroll this bike path while smoking pot now.

https://okcfriday.com/village-consid...-p16344-92.htm

I have to say though, with all the great improvements happening in the village the Britton road project was kinda of a let down. First they striped it 3 lanes with a turning lane for single family residences. There is no reason for that. People turning and slowing down traffic isn’t a bad thing in residential neighborhoods anyways. The road should be two lanes with a bike lane.

Not a fan of the lack of sidewalks on both sides either. They opted for a shared use path on only one side side of the street. Bikes should have their own facilities/lanes and sidewalks should be on both sides of the street.

I don't know that everyone was ever going to be happy with whatever was done on Britton. I wish that would have been a four lane stretch between May and Penn, but that apparently was never going to happen. I've only been down Britton a few times in the past month or so, but every time, there was some kind of vehicle parked on the multipath, blocking it from its intended use. I think it does drain better than it used to, though, which is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Our mayor announced May and Britton would have a Scooter's Coffee instead of a cell phone shop, so that's some good news.
    I noticed that the dirt work has started at the proposed Scooter's Coffee location at May & Britton.
    Last edited by Brett; 10-12-2021 at 01:31 PM. Reason: keyboard jam misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I noticed that the dirt work has started at the proposed Scooter's Coffee location at May & Britton.
    Yes and it seems like the Coulter Car Wash at Hefner is getting close to completion, I would think.

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...ation/40645948

Really sad if his allegations are true.

Why on earth would people even be that upset with him to begin with? Terrible.

Who knows? I wish he had addressed it when it happened, own the mistake, so we could all move on. Unfortunate it ended this way, and there's no reason for the harassment he's faced, at all. I appreciated his contributions while on the city council, though.

I'd guess that the reason for harassment is that he's gay and there are a lot of homophobes out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I'd guess that the reason for harassment is that he's gay and there are a lot of homophobes out there.
    Sorry, poor phrasing on my part. Should have said "excuse" instead of reason.

Sorry, poor phrasing on my part. Should have said "excuse" instead of reason.
    Gotcha, yes, agreed, no excuse...

This is making national headlines. Oklahomas extreme abortion laws just made a vice story. Oklahoma is turning into a giant embarrassment and becoming one of the most backwards states in the country. I love my home state and I hate to see it.

https://www.route-fifty.com/manageme...hreats/374813/

I love my home state, too, but it is loving me and my family less and less. Between the weather and the politics, I'm looking to get out of the state.

Please help me here-the way it has been explained to me is that Mayor Graham initiated the interaction with the Nichols Hills officer. The officer explained to Mayor Graham that he was on a routine traffic stop regarding speeding in Nichols Hills that concluded in the Village and the cities had allowed that type activity for over 60 years (as have cities all over the USA). The officers body cam footage was released to the media and Mayor Graham was questioned about his actions.

Mayor Graham said that Facebook was not the proper venue for his response, but he would explain to anyone who reached out to him personally. It has been reported that Mayor Graham never responded to any request. It has been reported that Mayor Graham never complained to law enforcement regarding any harassment or vandalism.

I'm at a loss. This doesn't fit the Village I've been in for 50 years.

About what are you at a loss?

About what are you at a loss?
    That a young mayors ill chosen argument with a neighboring city's police department can mushroom into his resigning from office and napalming his city on the way out the door with unverified allegations that are accepted as fact by the national media and those who choose to accept them at face value.

So you think he's lying about the harassment and vandalism, I guess? I think it's perfectly reasonable to believe he was harassed and had property vandalized. He doesn't have to report anything. You don't have to believe him. But nothing about this story strikes me as far-fetched.

So you think he's lying about the harassment and vandalism, I guess? I think it's perfectly reasonable to believe he was harassed and had property vandalized. He doesn't have to report anything. You don't have to believe him. But nothing about this story strikes me as far-fetched.
    Harassment and vandalism are wrong.

Adam Grahm asked to be elected to the Village City Council. He volunteered to serve the city and it's system of government and law enforcement. Her served almost 5 years. I believe it is his duty to report any activity that is hurting his ability to serve the city and placing his safety in harm's way.

He's still also a citizen with the same rights as anyone else. He doesn't have a duty to report anything in this case.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Harassment and vandalism are wrong.

Adam Grahm asked to be elected to the Village City Council. He volunteered to serve the city and it's system of government and law enforcement. Her served almost 5 years. I believe it is his duty to report any activity that is hurting his ability to serve the city and placing his safety in harm's way.
    So, you are trying to make the victim the wrongdoer? Focus on who really did what and don’t misdirect.

I think the greater issue amongst those that live in The Village--myself included--is that Adam made his bed, then vehemently refused to sleep in it. I've lived in The Village for over four years. If I were to make note of every time I saw a Nichols Hills PD officer pull over a vehicle in the Village, and vice versa, I would have a note for nearly everyday I leave my house. There was no reason for him to stop in the first place--as Mayor he was well aware of the agreement between the two jurisdictions. Further, I had no idea he was even the Mayor. When it was Cathy Cummings or Sonny Wilkinson, we heard from them all the time. Hell, I would've guessed Sean Cummings was the mayor over the last year with how involved he is, and how uninvolved Adam was.

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    I think the greater issue amongst those that live in The Village--myself included--is that Adam made his bed, then vehemently refused to sleep in it. I've lived in The Village for over four years. If I were to make note of every time I saw a Nichols Hills PD officer pull over a vehicle in the Village, and vice versa, I would have a note for nearly everyday I leave my house. There was no reason for him to stop in the first place--as Mayor he was well aware of the agreement between the two jurisdictions. Further, I had no idea he was even the Mayor. When it was Cathy Cummings or Sonny Wilkinson, we heard from them all the time. Hell, I would've guessed Sean Cummings was the mayor over the last year with how involved he is, and how uninvolved Adam was.
    All quite valid points. Had he come out the next day and apologized for his error, this would have been a dead topic. His refusal to address any of it until he's on his way out, and then throwing the city under the bus was not a good look. I love living in The Village, as well, and have gotten to know most of our council members pretty well. I truly believe Adam could have easily remedied this at several points along the way had he chosen to do so, and his fellow council would have helped in his efforts.

He's made several choices regarding this incident, none of which I agree with, but that's perfectly in his rights. I wish him well.

Thread Information