Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Showbiz Cinema

Default Re: Showbiz Cinema

Harkins Ciné Capri is 70x30, so sounds about the same. I think this is going to be pretty typical for most "premium large format" screens.

It's a great facility for Edmond. We went to the VIP night and were really impressed. No longer having to drive out of town for a decent movie experience will make a lot of people happy.

I'm surprised that it's taken this long for Edmond to get a movie theater. The only other option is the oldish Kickingbird Cinema.

I stopped by and watched Spiderman in SDX. Maybe it's unique to this weekend, but I also found it odd that there are no movies showing in SDX this weekend?

Everything in general is cheaper relative to AMC/Warren. Didn't go too deep in the arcade, but it looked like it geared for teen/adult games more than kids. Bowling alley looked nice, and there wasn't any issues hearing bowling noises while in the theater.

Popcorn/drinks are cheaper than AMC. However, unless you get the souvenir bucket there are no refills. In addition the sizes are smaller. Chairs are more comfy than the renovated AMC chairs. I haven't seen a movie in the AMC dolby option, yet. Catching Aquaman on Friday at Quail and can compare later. For now I'll probably stick it out with AMC cause it's closer to me.

Thanks for review. It sounds like a great get for Edmond! Hopefully the area around it infills sooner rather than later.

They have closed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have closed again.
    yep they closed at the end of the day on July 7th

Hopefully they'll be able to open after this Pandemic. Fauci saying at least another year, so they probably ain't going to make it. Sad deal all around.

Thread Information