Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19 NBA Summer League & player prospects...

Blog Entries

Default Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19 NBA Summer League & player prospects...

Thunder have worked out Grayson Allen; he is being considered as one of their second round picks 53 or 57.

HoopmixtapeBlog Published on Mar 31, 2014

Here is Duke bound Grayson Allen winning the 2014 McDonald's All American Slam Dunk Contest in Chicago, Illinois. Grayson put on a Jason "Jay" Williams Jersey and jumped over Jahlil Okafor on his last dunk of the night to seal the deal.

Grayson Allen:
    Born: October 8, 1995 (age 22 years), Jacksonville, FL
    Height: 6′ 5″
    Wingspan: 7′ 0″
    Current team: Duke Blue Devils men's basketball (#3 / Shooting guard, Guard)
    Parents: Sherry Allen, William Allen
    Education: Duke University, Providence School

Who said white men can't jump....

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19 NBA Summer League & player prospects...

And the Dirt...

Grayson's a hard ass...

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19 NBA Summer League & player prospects...

The Thunder work lots of guys who are not in their draft range like Allen (who is probably a late 1st, early 2nd round pick). They worked out Trae Young who should go in the lottery. The Thunder often workout players not because they will draft them, but because they could acquire them down the line. For example, the Thunder worked Oladipo even though he was out of their range (they did attempt to trade up though), but they later acquired him through trade. Unfortunately, the Thunder aren't likely to get much value where they're picking and they don't have many options to move up.

I'm looking forward to the draft. It's interesting to hear recent rumors that Luka Doncic could drop out of the top 3. He's my favorite player in the draft. What do I know though? I hated the Steven Adams pick. lol

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19 NBA Summer League & player prospects...

Ferguson, draft picks headline OKC Summer League roster: https://newsok.com/article/5600365/f...-rosterhttp://

The complete OKC roster:

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. From
    Awudu Abass F 6-6 220 Olimpia Milano/Italy
    Deonte Burton G 6-5 250 Iowa State/USA
    Micael Carrera F 6-5 212 South Carolina/Venezula
    PJ Dozier G 6-6 205 South Carolina/USA
    Terrance Ferguson G 6-7 184 Adelaide 36ers/USA
    Devon Hall G 6-5 211 Virginia/USA
    Daniel Hamilton G 6-7 195 Connecticut/USA
    Kevin Hervey F 6-9 230 UT Arlington/USA
    Dakari Johnson C 7-0 255 Kentucky/USA
    Justin Leon F 6-8 206 Florida/USA
    Phil Pressey G 5-11 177 Missouri/USA
    Richard Solomon F 6-11 235 California/USA
    Rashawn Thomas F 6-8 230 Texas A&M-CC/USA

https://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.el...r-180705-1.pdf

Blog Entries

NBA Summer League (Las Vegas)

Charlotte Hornets 88, Oklahoma City Thunder 87: https://www.nba.com/hornets/hornets-...d-win-over-okc

Oklahoma City Thunder 90, Brooklyn Nets 76: http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/0...-league-recap/

Oklahoma City Thunder 92, Toronto Raptors 82: http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/0...-league-recap/

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19 NBA Summer League & player prospects...

The Thunder has a few good looking prospects on the roster. Really starting to like Diallo,Dozier and Burton the more I see them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    The Thunder has a few good looking prospects on the roster. Really starting to like Diallo,Dozier and Burton the more I see them.
    Agree, and that is good in light of the need to have some low $ contracts on the last few roster spots. There is a good article on Diallo on The Athletic site if anyone reads that.

Blog Entries

Thunder wraps up NBA Summer League::

Memphis Grizzlies 92, Oklahoma City Thunder 85

Oklahoma City Thunder 87, Orlando Magic 85: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...gas-highlights

The Thunder signed Deonte Burton’s to a two-way contract and he really showed some stuff in summer league. He's a bit short, but he's huge and athletic. Who knows if his game will translate, but he reminds me of one of those disruptive competitors in the line of Marcus Smart, Lance Stephenson, etc. who figures out a way to help his team. Here's his highlights from yesterday, including the game winner:

youtu.be/_MM6ObnehhM

Hamidou Diallo also showed a lot of athleticism and some skill from a second round pick. Again, you can never read too much into summer league, but both these guys showed some skills that might translate.

Burton reminds me of a raw Barkley. Same height but a tad lighter which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    The Thunder signed Deonte Burton’s to a two-way contract and he really showed some stuff in summer league. He's a bit short, but he's huge and athletic. Who knows if his game will translate, but he reminds me of one of those disruptive competitors in the line of Marcus Smart, Lance Stephenson, etc. who figures out a way to help his team. Here's his highlights from yesterday, including the game winner:

youtu.be/_MM6ObnehhM

Hamidou Diallo also showed a lot of athleticism and some skill from a second round pick. Again, you can never read too much into summer league, but both these guys showed some skills that might translate.
    Is 6"5 considered short for a G?

Is 6"5 considered short for a G?
    No, but he’s not really a guard. He’s primarily a 3 or 4... and he’s a bit short... like Barkley as someone else pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    No, but he’s not really a guard. He’s primarily a 3 or 4... and he’s a bit short... like Barkley as someone else pointed out.
    Got cha. I think he will see some time with the Thunder if he practices as well as he's been playing.

Got cha. I think he will see some time with the Thunder if he practices as well as he's been playing.
    He signed a two way contract last week so he can play at least 45 games with the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    He signed a two way contract last week so he can play at least 45 games with the Thunder.
    The dudes got balls. He drives the lane and fights for rebounds and if he keeps playing like that against the big boys he's gonna get a lot of playing time IMO. He was def. not timid going against to summertime boys.

Thread Information