Widgets Magazine

Thread: Steak n Shake

Default Steak n Shake

Just drove by the steak and shake location off of reno and macarthur across from Walmart. The restaurant has been closed and all of the signage has been removed. On steak and shake website it only lists the midwest city location I this area. I know at one d tine there was one in Edmond.

Default Re: Steak n Shake

Yes, Freddy's will be taking that space.

As of yesterday, the Midwest City location is still open.

I hope they keep at least one location open. I don’t hahally eat there, but sometimes it is nice to go there.

We went to one in Englewood here in the Denver area, it was not good. The franchise owner had his franchise pulled and it was shut down for awhile. It reopened after the franchise owner from Colorado Springs took over the Denver market. We still havent been back, we have multiple Freddy's and Culver's closer to us. The one in South Austin was disappointing as well when we lived there. The ones in the Midwest that I ate at when traveling were very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, Freddy's will be taking that space.

As of yesterday, the Midwest City location is still open.
    Freddy's? booooooooooooooo! I live in Yukon and work near reno and macarthur. was hoping for something that I don't live by.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    We went to one in Englewood here in the Denver area, it was not good. The franchise owner had his franchise pulled and it was shut down for awhile. It reopened after the franchise owner from Colorado Springs took over the Denver market. We still havent been back, we have multiple Freddy's and Culver's closer to us. The one in South Austin was disappointing as well when we lived there. The ones in the Midwest that I ate at when traveling were very good.
    This seems like as good a place to ask as any - do we ever have any hope of getting a Culver's or two here in OKC, or is it just never going to happen as long as Braum's is still around? I much prefer Culver's to Braum's.

Culver's is in Texas and Kansas so it wouldn't surprise me if they ultimate came to OKC.

I consider Culver's to be a more direct competitor of Freddy's more than Braum's. It just all depends on someone taking on a franchise. On the Culver's franchise page it shows Oklahoma as a future market.

http://www.culvers.com/franchise

Culver's coming to Oklahoma would be amazing ! They have such good burgers, etc.

This is the Freddy's that will be taking over for Steak n Shake.

Real bummer we don’t have at least one Steak N Shake in the metro. There are several around Dallas and they seem to do well. Aside from In-N-Out and Shake Shack, I get a craving for Steak N Shake and Wienerschnitzel a few times a year. Freddys doesn’t cut it for me honestly but they’re not bad.

12. Default Re: Steak n Shake

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Real bummer we don’t have at least one Steak N Shake in the metro. There are several around Dallas and they seem to do well. Aside from In-N-Out and Shake Shack, I get a craving for Steak N Shake and Wienerschnitzel a few times a year. Freddys doesn’t cut it for me honestly but they’re not bad.
    I thought there was one at Towne Center in MWC. Did it close? I haven't been over there in quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    I thought there was one at Towne Center in MWC. Did it close? I haven't been over there in quite a while.
    That’s what I thought too. I tried to go the other day and couldn’t find it so I searched it and there was nothing on the corporate website.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    yes it closed ..

There is still a Steak n Shake in Broken Arrow right off Hwy 51.

16. Default Re: Steak n Shake

Ate there a couple of times. Overrated food though their shakes were good.

Yeah, there used to be multiple locations in the Metro... Now the only two locations left in the entire state are in Broken Arrow and McAlester. I tried them a few times and thought the food was decent, but if I'm being honest I'd prefer Freddy's over SnS.

Thread Information