Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 905 N. Hudson

1. Default Re: 905 N. Hudson

Nice infill. But man, I wish they could have done something different for the signage. Just looks out of place.

Default Re: 905 N. Hudson

Always a good sign when you have to put a large "WE ARE OPEN" banner on your building six months after the restaurants open.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Always a good sign when you have to put a large "WE ARE OPEN" banner on your building six months after the restaurants open.
    They had that up before they installed the permanent signs.

Also, those storefronts are dark and it's hard to tell if they are open, especially during the day.

So far Jimmys Egg is undiscovered down here. It is nice because on weekends tons of the hot brunch spots have massive wait times. You can easily get in and out of here and it is cheaper. The build your own Bloody Mary bar is pretty solid.

Blog Entries

wish they'd buck their elsewhere policy of closing at 2 tho. Based on the things nearby I think they'd do well being open longer, or at least re-opening for the after bars crowd.

6. Default Re: 905 N. Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    wish they'd buck their elsewhere policy of closing at 2 tho. Based on the things nearby I think they'd do well being open longer, or at least re-opening for the after bars crowd.
    That's a big hole I've noticed around OKC. When I was a teen I loved all night diners/coffee shops for my teen antics. In college it was the same for studying/late night drinking. It was also something I missed while working night shifts downtown.

Went by this morning and we really enjoyed the experience. Seems a bit more modern with the decorations/paint scheme than other Jimmy's Eggs I've been to in the area. I would estimate about 30% full.

The waitress did mention they have been fairly slow. Hopefully people start patronizing this place.

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    That's a big hole I've noticed around OKC. When I was a teen I loved all night diners/coffee shops for my teen antics. In college it was the same for studying/late night drinking. It was also something I missed while working night shifts downtown.
    I really think a 24-hour coffee shop could succeed in OKC, especially if it was located in the vicinity of NW 23rd and Classen.

Blog Entries

Uptown/23rd Re: 905 N. Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I really think a 24-hour coffee shop could succeed in OKC, especially if it was located in the vicinity of NW 23rd and Classen.
    If N. W. 23rd had a strip of shops/restaurants open 24 hrs besides your basic Taco Bell (drive thru) they could build some continuity to the area which could lead more 24 hr., openings to keep OKC from appearing dead at night.

It's amazing what one trailer like Bobos does for N. E. 23rd Street; they are (mixed multicultural group) on the way homers who take advantage of the 2 a.m., bar closings that force crowds out. They patronize the area for take home chicken & catfish.

Can't help but recall DC Sooners' observation of OKC not having any reputable (sit down) restaurants open after midnight. A small strip of 24 hour food sit down restaurants could take OKC to the next level to address late night activity. Think of the sobering affect it would have on the binge drinkers.

Thread Information