Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Social Capital OKC

Default Re: Social Capital OKC

Went to their soft opening last night. This place will kill it. Over 120 different taps throughout the building. Three different bar locations. So much space. The bar overlooking the park will popular when the weather is good. Their menu is alright, nothing that would be considered a dinner, more appetizer like than anything. Great use of the outdoor space. Parking wasn't much of a concern when we got there.

Excited for a great bar to go to before/after Thunder games, concerts and other events downtown!

They may open to the public this weekend and at the latest early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They may open to the public this weekend and at the latest early next week.
    Carrie Underwood concert on the 25th. If people know they are open it could be a big night for them.

They are trying but have to get an occupancy permit.

Social Capital opens today

Just in time for the Scissortail Park grand opening, Social Capital opens Saturday at 4 PM and offers commanding views.

The former transmission shop at 517 S. Hudson has been completely renovated with the addition of a large 2nd level and surrounding patios.

Boasting Oklahoma City's largest rooftop patio, it offers a great vantage point for the 38-acre park, the new Omni Hotel, convention center and skyline.

In addition to offering a staggering 120 Oklahoma beers on tap from there separate bars (the main bar on the ground level has 84 alone), there will also be a full cocktail and wine menu.

The kitchen is divided in two; the north kitchen features hot foods such as gourmet street tacos and nachos. The south kitchen offers cold dishes like salads, Spanish-style charcuterie and ice cream made in house.

The outdoor space at ground level is dog-friendly and Social Capital is open for all ages until 8 PM.

Social Capital is operated by the Community Through Beer group which also owns the Patriarch in downtown Edmond. AHMM did the architecture and design work.

Weather couldn't be worse for their opening. But I am sure they will do insanely well, especially once the park opens.

This afternoon and early evening should be very nice.

This place is impressive as hell and is going to absolutely murder it.

Stopped by this place for a beer tonight. Already had a decent crowd and there is absolutely nothing like that upstairs patio anywhere else in OKC - even Fassler can't quite compare in terms of location IMO. Very impressed.

Is that meter parking right there across the street. I'm sure it is. Coming to Carrie Underwood concert and wouldn't mind checking this place out. Don't see like a far walk to the arena either. If I could just park there for free after 6 pm even more of a win.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Is that meter parking right there across the street.
    All the street parking is free -- at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Is that meter parking right there across the street. I'm sure it is. Coming to Carrie Underwood concert and wouldn't mind checking this place out. Don't see like a far walk to the arena either. If I could just park there for free after 6 pm even more of a win.
    Parking meter enforcement in OKC is from 8-6, so either way you are good.

Went to the opening to check it out. Weather probably scared some off as it wasn't busy at all. But they had abundant staff ready for a rush. Left around 8pm Saturday and it was starting to pick up.

Service was solid except for it seemed the bartenders upstairs were new to bartending. Obviously the place is going to be a hit for the craft beer, but I noticed them having to read how to make mixed drinks for people anytime someone ordered a non-beer item.

The place is massive, on nice evenings with the park open, they will be shoveling money into the vault.

Prices were pretty good, even for the food - which is appetizer bar food style. The nachos were $8 I think, and they were a solid portion and tasted great.

^

Hearing really good things about their tacos.

14. Default Re: Social Capital OKC

I wonder if they'll have ESPN+. Might be a good place to catch the Pokes game on Saturday if so.

Went early last evening. Views are breathtaking.

and how were those nachos??? they sure look good!

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    and how were those nachos??? they sure look good!
    They were okay. I'll try the tacos next time.

I stopped by SC and I’m really impressed overall, but especially that they have 84 Oklahoma beers on tap... and that’s just downstairs. I’ve been to beer spots all over the country and never seen a place with that many local beers. Also, the taco was good:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4D584B6-C307-4104-A708-C4A0F8D8586F.jpeg 
Views:	145 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	15629

Scene from just before the music started...

Two TV stations had staked out the entire width of the east end of the patio.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I stopped by SC and I’m really impressed overall, but especially that they have 84 Oklahoma beers on tap... and that’s just downstairs. I’ve been to beer spots all over the country and never seen a place with that many local beers. Also, the taco was good:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4D584B6-C307-4104-A708-C4A0F8D8586F.jpeg 
Views:	145 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	15629
    Dankrutka,
    Good information. I prefer to have a pint or three of local beers. They are a little pricey but I prefer to keep my money in Oklahoma. Too bad I don't drive anymore, I would love Social Capital. Dang, 84? At my age I could have one of each and die happy!
    C. T.

I dropped in on Saturday and was taken aback by how large the space is. The surrounding roads were blocked off so it was a tiny hike to get there and the crowd size reflected this. I hope that they have plans to add large planters throughout the patio areas because it is quite bare. As for the inside, it feels like an airport terminal more than a bar/restaurant. I hate to be so critical, as I'm sure the aesthetics will all be finished soon, but I'm just not really feeling the vibe. The view of the park is fantastic, but as for a nightlife destination, for now, that's not enough to keep me there after being spoiled by Uptown, Midtown and The Plaza being so walk-able.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Dankrutka,
    Good information. I prefer to have a pint or three of local beers. They are a little pricey but I prefer to keep my money in Oklahoma. Too bad I don't drive anymore, I would love Social Capital. Dang, 84? At my age I could have one of each and die happy!
    C. T.
    I'm sure this has been brought up before but have you tried Uber/lift since you stopped driving? It can certainly get a bit pricy but I'd love to hear the story after you drink all 84 beers!

84 local beers at the main bar but 120 total!

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    I dropped in on Saturday and was taken aback by how large the space is. The surrounding roads were blocked off so it was a tiny hike to get there and the crowd size reflected this. I hope that they have plans to add large planters throughout the patio areas because it is quite bare. As for the inside, it feels like an airport terminal more than a bar/restaurant. I hate to be so critical, as I'm sure the aesthetics will all be finished soon, but I'm just not really feeling the vibe. The view of the park is fantastic, but as for a nightlife destination, for now, that's not enough to keep me there after being spoiled by Uptown, Midtown and The Plaza being so walk-able.
    It has only been open a week or so. I wouldn't call TOD on it just yet.

With the roads blocked off over the weekend, it made me realize the sidewalk situation on the west side of Hudson between Social Capital and the OKCBLVD doesn't exist. In fact, the little corners of each intersection have the sidewalk ADA ramp dump off into the parallel parking spots...?

Thread Information