Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Social Capital OKC

Core2shore Social Capital OKC

Restaurant and bar set to front Scissortail Park

In what would be the first private development along the under-construction MAPS 3 Scissortail Park, a former transmission shop is set to be transformed into a one of a kind bar restaurant with a heavily emphasis on craft beer and a desire to create a community space in this burgeoning downtown area.

The new operation is yet to be named but will be operated by the Community Through Beer group, which also operates the Patriarch in Edmond. Design is by AHMM Architects.

General Manager Brad Mullenix told OKCTalk that they had been looking in the area but when they found this particular opportunity to be right on the park, it was too good to let pass by.

Mullenix said craft beer will be strongly featured with more than 50% of the choices coming from local Oklahoma brewers. There will also be 3 kitchens which will be overseen by local chef Jonathon Stranger with the focus on quality and friendly, shareable food. In addition to the extensive beer offerings, there will be a good selection of wine and cocktails.

The hope is to be open next summer and certainly no later than when Scissortail Park opens for business.

The dilapidated structure is at 5th and S. Hudson along the west side of the park and a complete renovation and second level addition will offer commanding views of the park itself along with the skyline and ultimately the new Omni Hotel and convention center coming soon to the east side of the new public space.

The rooftop terrace will be shaded by a canopy and includes a mirrored soffit to reflect the rooftop scene while offering great views of the park and beyond.

Scissotail Park is set for completion next year and the convention center and Omni will start construction this summer. The new boulevard is already well under construction and the streetcar tracks are already laid in advance of the entire transit system starting service in late 2018.

Default Re: Park West (code name)

Oh. My. Gosh. This place is going to knock if out of the park (pun intended)!!!

This has the most European feel to it than any other development in OKC history. I hope there are zero parking spots.

AHMM continues to raise the bar in OKC. Pretty much everything they do is fantastic.

How great will it be to sit on that rooftop terrace with a beer or cocktail and look over the park and skyline??

Will also be a great amenity for convention goers... Just a stroll across the park.

Really excited about this project.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    This has the most European feel to it than any other development in OKC history. I hope there are zero parking spots.
    There will be no on-site parking but there are a load of nice head-in spaces all along Hudson, facing the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    AHMM continues to raise the bar in OKC.

Pretty much everything they do is fantastic.

How great will it be to sit on that rooftop terrace with a beer or cocktail and look over the park and skyline??

Will also be a great amenity for convention goers... Just a stroll across the park.

Really excited about this project.
    Also perfectly situated for the stage inside the park. Going to be an absolutely amazing setting.

Super sick as the teens say

Well that’s just fantastic.

9. Default Re: Park West (code name)

Yeah, really, REALLY great.

10. Default Re: Park West (code name)

Super idea! Just the kind of thing to put in an up and coming area!

This is perfect. We need more east facing patios. The heat here is just too brutal. Looks amazing,

I can just see going down there, parking on Hudson, taking the dog for a long walk / play in the park, then heading over to this place were we can sit outside and look out on the city.

I'm really starting to get excited about this park in general and this will be the perfect spot to complement it.

Couple of more photos:

Patriarch owners to open establishment in downtown OKC

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record May 15, 2018

OKLAHOMA CITY – The group behind a popular craft beer bar in downtown Edmond is opening a new establishment near downtown Oklahoma City’s Scissortail Park.

Community Through Beer LLC is planning to renovate the former transmission shop at 517 S. Hudson Ave. and turn it into a family-friendly eatery and bar. Community Through Beer also operates The Patriarch in downtown Edmond.

CTB’s Brad Mullenix said the name for the new place is still being finalized, but it won’t be The Patriarch because that name is tied to the old house that’s home to the company’s first bar.

The Allford Hall Monaghan Morris architecture firm designed the update. The establishment will boast two first-floor bars, two first-floor kitchens, and a rooftop patio with a bar. Project architect Dan Govin said the firm was excited to work on this project because it’s one of the last remaining original buildings around the park. The others have been demolished.

The kitchens will be manned by chef Jonathon Stranger, who also operates a restaurant in The Patriarch’s backyard. He said the food will be the best shareable plates that are on the menus at concepts he’ll be opening in the next 18 months. Everything will be portable so park visitors can take advantage of the two walk-up windows.

AHMM submitted the plans to the Downtown Design Review Committee on Tuesday, which should put the project up for review at the June meeting. The new eatery should be open before the park.

Oh man, this just looks brilliant.

I’m excited that we are finally getting something that is in search of a name; instead of all of these places that are names looking for a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    My thoughts exactly on the European feel! So happy so see developments like this on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I’m excited that we are finally getting something that is in search of a name; instead of all of these places that are names looking for a concept.
    In keeping with the trend of giving a name to a new development that pays homage to the original business that occupied that space, and since it will specialize in craft beer, how about something like “”Fluid Drive”, or... “The Dynaflow”. Somehing related to the “transmission” of cold suds into a warm belly.

I get some Dynaflow after a long night of cheap beer...

"The Clutch"

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    In keeping with the trend of giving a name to a new development that pays homage to the original business that occupied that space, and since it will specialize in craft beer, how about something like “”Fluid Drive”, or... “The Dynaflow”. Somehing related to the “transmission” of cold suds into a warm belly.
    The Tranny?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    My thoughts exactly on the European feel! So happy so see developments like this on the horizon.
    Not sure what European architectural traits it has. Looks modern/transitional to me. This is pretty popular in OKC now. Personally glad old world country French style has died down, as well as rustic chic. OKC seems to be welcoming the clean modern style lines. This should play nicely with the lines of the new CC, as well as the simple clean structures being erected in the park. It is nice adaptive re-use of this building. Can't wait to see it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Not sure what European architectural traits it has. Looks modern/transitional to me. This is pretty popular in OKC now. Personally glad old world country French style has died down, as well as rustic chic. OKC seems to be welcoming the clean modern style lines. This should play nicely with the lines of the new CC, as well as the simple clean structures being erected in the park. It is nice adaptive re-use of this building. Can't wait to see it done.
    I think they meant like, bike to the urban park have a picnic, walk across the street grab a beer, and enjoy the city.

That definitely has a very Europe feel

And it was designed by a European architecture firm.

And just the open flow and use of their outside space, in addition to the place making, has a certain feel to it.

Similar to Fassler Hall. It’s not a building with architecture that screams “Germany” in any way at all. But when I walked in there it felt very much like an authentic urban beer garden I would find in Germany.

Thread Information