Widgets Magazine

Thread: Convention Center Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Convention Center Garage

We know it’s there now. The building still exists. It hasn’t been torn yet! I’d gladly accept a year or even two delay in this project to see the building be incorporated into the new project. It’s very easy to retain facades and is don’t all the time. Toronto has 80+ story skyscrapers built into century old buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    We know it’s there now. The building still exists. It hasn’t been torn yet! I’d gladly accept a year or even two delay in this project to see the building be incorporated into the new project. It’s very easy to retain facades and is don’t all the time. Toronto has 80+ story skyscrapers built into century old buildings.
    Once again I ask, what is the proposal to do this with a garage/apartments? How much money are you willing to spend to fix whatever OG&E did to them, if nothing other than sheer neglect? You say it hasn't been torn yet, but do we know that? I believe it's been said several times we have no idea what OG&E did. You say we know it's there now...but we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    FYI, this is what you get when a city takes its preservation seriously. Toronto.

Look a little closer:

If they can do it with one of their tallest buildings, it shouldn't be the same old OKC way of "how much money do YOU want to provide for it." Have some f@cking pride in your city and demand better from developers. Damn. Every other city seems to do it.

Thread Information