Widgets Magazine

Thread: Fried (not catfish) Fish in OKC

Default Fried (not catfish) Fish in OKC

Anyone know of a restaurant that serves simple fried fish in OKC. No catfish or salmon. Simple as in lightly breaded and pan or deep fried. Not blackened or seared. We were in Mexico a few weeks ago and one of the restaurants at the resort served a whole fried red snapper with tail, head, eyes and sharp teeth and all. It had a lightly seasoned breading and was absolutely delicious. My wife's birthday is soon and that's what she wanted. And of course what she wants, goes. While red snapper may not be on many menus here a fried trout or other freshwater or ocean fish would work.

Default Re: Fried (not catfish) Fish in OKC

Different flavor profile, but Szechuan Bistro has a whole fried snapper on the menu.

First picture on yelp page is fried red snapper. https://www.yelp.com/biz/mariscos-ma...-oklahoma-city I have never been there so can't say whether it is good. Also, I have seen fried fish at Chelinos.

they have fried tilapia at pier 88 at I-240 & penn.

Off the Hook has fried tilapia, shrimp and soft shell crab. Red Lobster has fried flounder, scallops, clams, and shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    they have fried tilapia at pier 88 at I-240 & penn.
    Just went to El Fogon De Edgar on SW 74th/Western (wonderful, BTW, first time there), and they have a whole fried tilapia on the menu too.

Pretty sure I've seen whole fried fish of some sort on a few Asian restaurants menus here...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Just went to El Fogon De Edgar on SW 74th/Western (wonderful, BTW, first time there)
    good to know... i've been curious about that place. El Pollo Chulo next door was a disappointment, imo.

8. Default Re: Fried (not catfish) Fish in OKC

I want to say Chibugan (Filipino cuisine )in Del City had a whole fried fish on their menu but it has been a few months since I've been there. So you might want to call and check first.

tsubaki szechuan also has a few whole fried fish.

oh... i totally skimmed the original post. I withdraw my suggestion... for a birthday dinner don't go to pier 88.

There's a new seafood restaurant next to Pei Wei in Belle Isle where Smashburger used to be called The Catch. My wife and I have been a couple of times and thought it was pretty good. Oyster po' boy and fried catfish were both very good!

Thread Information