Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alley Cafe

Default Re: Alley Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Was going to ask if anybody had eaten here yet, we were thinking about going before we see Flying Lotus at the Tower in Aug, but then I saw a couple of pictures on Yelp of a "muffaletta", and wow, just wow...
    wow is right... that is one sad sandwich.

ARe we sure this place isn't a front for something?

When you ask to see the manager...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5zH9SyxCKd9GJ4T6rkBdeqZw1coQAaQyCUzUF4FozBvW7JAtezokTuEXJqAtV6TGfirqogeXLcSRBSySJPp6Py4AkeawY4d.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	15457

Gazette writer Jacob Threadgill has a thorough review:

https://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/u...nt?oid=6375903

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Gazette writer Jacob Threadgill has a thorough review:

https://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/u...nt?oid=6375903
    Doesn't seem like he's actually been there, though? Can't blame him, if he saw that muffaletta pic...

This is now known as Alley Cafe Southern Cuisine with a different menu.

Social media says, "All-day lunch and breakfast" 10AM to 10PM.

This is now known as Alley Cafe Southern Cuisine with a different menu.

The continuing saga of this place is just so bizarre. I assume Ruben Carey is out? Their post on Instagram mentions a "new team and new concept" so that makes it sound like they've parted ways... after all of 3 and a half months. What the hell is going on here?

Been by there a few times since they changed to Rew Orleans on the way to/from various places - lunchtime-ish, afternoon, 6 PM-ish on various days, and they've always had the "Closed" sign up. Total joke of a place, wish they'd just quit and let somebody else that knows what they're doing go in there.

Odd for a place that serves breakfast to not open until 10 AM

Next they will only offer Lunch and Dinner 2pm-6pm.

Changed their hours to 9A to 10P every day.

Here is their menu from Uber Eats:
    https://www.ubereats.com/en-US/oklah...IWd1UvSqcU-nA/

Bar list is very reasonable. $3 for Coop F5 is about as cheap as I've seen in this town.

The food looks interesting too. Hope the new operators can gain a foothold.

Pete,
    I pay $6.00 at Upper Crust and $5.00 at Henry Hudson's at Danforth so yes, that's a great price for F-5.
    C. T.

$9 bottomless mimosas??

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Pete,
    I pay $6.00 at Upper Crust and $5.00 at Henry Hudson's at Danforth so yes, that's a great price for F-5.
    C. T.
    Does COOP have a suggested price for their retailers? I would assume it’s in their best interest to not have price wars on their products.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Does COOP have a suggested price for their retailers? I would assume it’s in their best interest to not have price wars on their products.
    Catch22,
    I don't know but it's only $5.00 at Henry Hudson's.
    C. T.

This is my favorite thread on OKC Talk. Can't wait to see what style of food they serve next month!

This place is beyond crazy and I have an interesting story about the place. I had parked around the corner and was going to Hunny Bunny to eat and walked past this place. I had stopped before and would ask them questions about the place and how the sale of the market next door was going? I said I hope someone buys it soon and does something great with it, because this area is becoming so cool and needs it because this place is a bit ran down and an eyesore.

Well a few minutes later, I am inside HB standing in line and this little Asian man comes inside yelling out me and threatening me and accusing me of harassing his wife! I said "sir, that is not true and that he needed to get away from me" I told him he needed to leave and even stepped outside so people inside wouldn't see this craziness. He proceeded to keep on and I finally warned him that he better just leave and leave now. He wouldn't and kept on yelling and accusing and telling that "I better not ever come back in his place" and I said it was nasty and disgusting and not to worry about that. The manager from HB came outside and I went inside and ordered something. It was all so bizzarre and crazy, and I am convinced that this place is truly terrible and to be avoided at all costs. I feel really bad for the chef that went in business with these terrible people and it didn't work out for him and that sucks. He and his family were so nice and I was happy for them, but once I realized the previous owners were still attached to this place, I knew if was doomed. These are not good people to do something like this, and I hope that whole place gets sold and something good comes to that location in the near future because it is gross to me and others that drive by it daily.

So you stopped and spoke with his wife just before entering Hunny Bunny or you had spoken with his wife previously and when you walked passed the windows the husband recognized you and followed you in?

Despite a paper sign professing to be open 11am to 10pm, the Alley Crewe Orleans (I really can't figure out the name) was closed at 6pm on a Saturday.
    How are they making their rent payment?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Despite a paper sign professing to be open 11am to 10pm, the Alley Crewe Orleans (I really can't figure out the name) was closed at 6pm on a Saturday.
    How are they making their rent payment?!?
    Becuase they own the building.

Is this place named something new yet again? Had a sign in window and I was driving so couldn't decipher.

On this dreary, grey and rainy Friday I was looking for an interesting story that I remembered from a few years ago to pique my interest. And here it is. What's happening on that crazy-ass lime green and bright yellow corner these days ?

Thread Information