Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OECFiber

Default Re: OECFiber

OEC just started installing in our neighborhood this week. Very excited as our only options are satellite. Saw the pricing plans and if I remember, it is $65 or $85 month depending on usage and devices. Very reasonable considering we are paying about the same for crappy Atlink satellite

^
    lucky! i can't wait for oec to start in my neighborhood so that i can ditch cox... if you don't mind me asking, what is the closest major intersection to your neighborhood?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ^
    lucky! i can't wait for oec to start in my neighborhood so that i can ditch cox... if you don't mind me asking, what is the closest major intersection to your neighborhood?
    I am in Old Tuscany which is basically SW104 and MacArthur. We can't even get cox here

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    OEC just started installing in our neighborhood this week. Very excited as our only options are satellite. Saw the pricing plans and if I remember, it is $65 or $85 month depending on usage and devices. Very reasonable considering we are paying about the same for crappy Atlink satellite
    Do you have OEC electric? I’m right down the road but OGE. We actually got ATT fiber last summer by begging because they were installing in the new neighborhood behind us. Ironically I own land out in Noble, way out there like 25 minutes east of downtown Noble, and when I was out there earlier this week OEC is installing fiber out there. Incredible considering how remote it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Do you have OEC electric? I’m right down the road but OGE. We actually got ATT fiber last summer by begging because they were installing in the new neighborhood behind us. Ironically I own land out in Noble, way out there like 25 minutes east of downtown Noble, and when I was out there earlier this week OEC is installing fiber out there. Incredible considering how remote it is.
    We are on OEC Electric

I am in Old Tuscany which is basically SW104 and MacArthur. We can't even get cox here
    gotcha… thanks! didn't realize that cox didn't serve that area. i'm at 119th & may and at the edge of oec's service area... oec's site has been entirely unhelpful in providing a rough estimate on when they'd be in my area. this gives me an idea.

gotcha… thanks! didn't realize that cox didn't serve that area. i'm at 119th & may and at the edge of oec's service area... oec's site has been entirely unhelpful in providing a rough estimate on when they'd be in my area. this gives me an idea.
    We are this little island in the middle that has no service even though everyone around has services. We are on well, septic, OEC Electric. No cable or internet. The only services we receive from the city is trash, fire and police. Our road is private so we maintain it ourself. You go 1/2 to 1 mile in any direction and they have city water, sewer, Cox, etc

Which side of the edge? While they do have plans to offer service outside their area as soon as they can, they've said upfront they're focusing on their own first, pretty much because nobody can say anything about it. I would expect OG&E and Cox to cry the second they so much as look across their border, so I've resigned myself to not having it any time soon. I wish Mustang would let them in (for both internet and to give a choice with electric), but for various reasons I feel this unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Which side of the edge?
    oec is my electricity provider... i'm pretty sure that the neighborhood to the north and the one to the east are both on the og&e grid. i agree with your conclusion regarding easements and don't expect oec fiber to be available outside of where they offer electricity.

We are this little island in the middle that has no service even though everyone around has services. We are on well, septic, OEC Electric. No cable or internet. The only services we receive from the city is trash, fire and police. Our road is private so we maintain it ourself. You go 1/2 to 1 mile in any direction and they have city water, sewer, Cox, etc
    that's a surprise as it seems really close to not be on city water/sewer... certainly that was a decision of the developer and not the city refusing to negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Which side of the edge? While they do have plans to offer service outside their area as soon as they can, they've said upfront they're focusing on their own first, pretty much because nobody can say anything about it. I would expect OG&E and Cox to cry the second they so much as look across their border, so I've resigned myself to not having it any time soon. I wish Mustang would let them in (for both internet and to give a choice with electric), but for various reasons I feel this unlikely.
    My grandmother lives in Chisholm Trail neighborhood in mustang and is OEC electric.

that's a surprise as it seems really close to not be on city water/sewer... certainly that was a decision of the developer and not the city refusing to negotiate.
    We were the first neighborhood out here and everyone has 5 plus acres so no density to warrant them to come back in 1/2 mile to service us. All the other new neighborhoods further out are 1 acre or less so they have higher density. We have tried to get gas and water but cost prohibitive. The developer I am sure was part of the problem if the quality of our road is any indication of how they do business.

First lucky winners have been revealed.

https://twitter.com/OecFiber/status/1095421011195916288

Seeing that small bit of green east of Mustang, yet outside the ring, gives me a glimmer of hope.

https://twitter.com/OecFiber/status/1101582182383058944

15. Default Re: OECFiber

The will be offering TV service starting next year as well https://www.oecfiber.com/blog/tv-pla...d-6111af21d3f6

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    The will be offering TV service starting next year as well https://www.oecfiber.com/blog/tv-pla...d-6111af21d3f6
    sadly for me. but might honestly be a better market for them to build this on... it looks like they are more focused as a solution to compete with directtv and dish in rural areas, rather than the local cord cutting option i was hoping for. but i really do hope it plays out well for them, and really thing it will among that market that they are aiming this at

OEC has started burying lines for their fiber network in my neighborhood in Moore - SW 34th & Santa Fe

18. Default Re: OECFiber

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike View Post
    OEC has started burying lines for their fiber network in my neighborhood in Moore - SW 34th & Santa Fe
    Are you an OEC customer? I am in an OGE area and about 1 block away from their network. I am guessing it will be a few years until I get it since they are going to OEC customers first and all of us second.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Are you an OEC customer? I am in an OGE area and about 1 block away from their network. I am guessing it will be a few years until I get it since they are going to OEC customers first and all of us second.
    Yes, our neighborhood (Oak Ridge) is serviced by OEC for electricity. In the 12 years we've been on OEC we've had very few power outages, and the ones we had were typically resolved very quickly. Definitely looking forward to this option so we can completely move away from Cox.

Thread Information