Default Re: 616 N. Broadway

DDRC just approved this project.

Blog Entries

So, it is a REAL project now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So, it is a REAL project now?
    A deal still has to be finalized with the employer and I'm sure there will be economic incentives involved as well.

But I was told things look optimistic.

Blog Entries

Glad to see a crop of true "mid-rise" buildings being proposed/built now (like the BLVD) instead of the 4/5 story stick-and-brick buildings we have been experiencing.

Great News!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Andy Burnett told the DDRC today that he still can't name the employer but it is an "international company looking to relocate their North American headquarters".
    Wow.

All you guys wanting international flights might be about to get your wish.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Glad to see a crop of true "mid-rise" buildings being proposed/built now (like the BLVD) instead of the 4/5 story stick-and-brick buildings we have been experiencing.
    Seconded. Very welcome sight.

A deal still has to be finalized with the employer and I'm sure there will be economic incentives involved as well.

But I was told things look optimistic.
    They must really want to be in AA. We literally have a 25 story building nearly sitting empty just waiting for someone to take the keys.

Burnett said a big factor was affordable, immediately adjacent parking.

That Y garage they plan to use is virtually empty now and I'm sure he was able to negotiate a very favorable rate.

However, it seems the BOK Park Plaza building would have suited them as well but they probably want their own building.

Burnett said a big factor was affordable, immediately adjacent parking.

That Y garage they plan to use is virtually empty now and I'm sure he was able to negotiate a very favorable rate.

However, it seems the BOK Park Plaza building would have suited them as well but they probably want their own building.
    One interesting part that Elliot mentioned was that there would be a large LED-lit directional arrow at the top of the building, and that it is a "reference to this particular company."

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    One interesting part that Elliot mentioned was that there would be a large LED-lit directional arrow at the top of the building, and that it is a "reference to this particular company."
    That isn't a directional arrow. It's an analog clock.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    That isn't a directional arrow. It's an analog clock.
    ...what?

I just read Lackmeyer's article about the directional arrow thing. My mistake. But it is a clock none the less. It isn't signage, but Elliot may have set it that way as a kind of hint.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	616 N Broadway South Elevation.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	14631

Accenture?

Name:	accenture_logo.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	14632

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
    Accenture?

This was my thought too...

Accenture?

I think the 289th largest company in the world would have more than 500 people at a North American headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I think the 289th largest company in the world would have more than 500 people at a North American headquarters.
    What advantage would they even have being in Oklahoma City vs elsewhere with more business connections? I’m thinking it must be something Defense/Govt. or O&G related.

18. Default Re: 616 N. Broadway

great news, can't wait for the HQ to be revealed and construction to commence. And yes, it does sound like there might be an easy coincidence to OKC trying to get an international flight or two. ...

All good news!!

BTW, BOKPP is 27 floors (not 25). But yes, I hope this might spur more downtown relocation so we can fill up BOKPP, know who is going into Kerr Park building that SandRidge Energy just sold (and they actually move in), and the other numerous buildings that have been proposed for construction and those that have recently been renovated. This all, AND the convention center, OMNI, new CC housing - BLVD (awe yes!), Scissortail Park, OKC Streetcar, and the WRWA International Expansion. Man, OKC is booming!

Wow, exciting times for downtown and by effect - the city as a whole.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

19. Default Re: 616 N. Broadway

or the booming-in-OKC 'Health Services/Research' sector (but then again, maybe they'd want to be in the OHC - "Innovation District").

[just had to laugh at that final thought]
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    What advantage would they even have being in Oklahoma City vs elsewhere with more business connections? I’m thinking it must be something Defense/Govt. or O&G related.
    Well it’s already been reported it has nothing to do with O&G.

I could also be manufacturing related, potentially a company that already has a plant in OK

21. Default Re: 616 N. Broadway

Accenture?

Accenture has an office on the 31st floor of Cotter ranch Tower.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Well it’s already been reported it has nothing to do with O&G.

I could also be manufacturing related, potentially a company that already has a plant in OK

You may be onto something. NIBE of Sweden bought the LSB HVAC division last year. That is Industry leading ClimateMaster, IEC, and some other plants here....4 total. They have 7 other companies in the US, 3 in Canada and 1 in Mexico. They also do Wind generation and othe r green energy. OKC would be central and probably their largest group of holdings.

The building looks fitting for a Swedish company....very open, simple and contemporary with lots of natural light.

This would make perfect sense for their North American sale, marketing, engineering and tech support hq. if it isn’t them, we should be recruiting them.

We reveal mystery company planning new downtown HQ

In March, local developer Andy Burnett shared plans for a proposed 7-story office building at NW 6th and Broadway in downtown's Automobile Alley.

Burnett has been coy about the company that would fully occupy the structure, stating only that it would be the U.S. headquarters for an international company and that they would bring hundreds of jobs if the deal was finalized.

Burnett's architect Rand Elliott won approval for the building design on May 17th

But the question remained: What is the company?

OKCTalk can now reveal it is Global Payments, a Fortune 1000 business and transaction processing concern which employs over 10,000 around the world.

Global is currently headquarted in Atlanta, Georgia and has been growing rapidly over the last several years. The Atlanta area boasts that over 70% of all electronic transactions (credit, debit and gift cards) in the U.S. are processed by 'fintech' (financial technology) companies in the area.

In 2015, Global acquired Edmond-based Heartland Payment Systems for $4.3 billion. Heartland also processes electronic payments and occupies 21,000 sqaure feet in a building at 3932 S. Boulevard.

Just last year, Global moved its headquarters and 150 high-paying jobs -- reportedly averaging over $200,000 in annual salary -- from surburban Sandy Springs to the top 3 floors of a new 30-story office building in Atlanta's bustling Buckhead district.

The company also forged a deal with Sandy Springs to create another 125 jobs at an operations center there and committed to staying for 10 years in exchange for $295,000 in incentives.

If the deal proceeds, it is not clear how many jobs Global Payments would be moving to Oklahoma City and how many would be new hires. It does appear that they would maintain an Atlanta presence and connection to the concentrated fintech industry there, a good deal of which is centered in Buckhead.

The building proposed by Burnett is 111,530 square feet with an undeveloped area to the north for possible future expansion. Global currently occupies 75,000 square feet at its new Atlanta HQ.

At this time, the deal with Global Payments has not been finalized.

Great work tracking this down, Pete.

That’s big time. Hopefully we can close the deal

Thread Information