Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartland HQ

Default Re: NW 6th & Broadway Building

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post
    Yeah I’m wondering about the courtyard wall and what that would look like once built. Rand does great work so I don’t think we would be too disappointed.
    I hope so. Hope it doesn't turn out like the NE corner of Sheridan and Dewey where the entire corner is just a wall around the backside of the old Holiday Inn.

That building's design is really nice. The modern accents lit up like that look really good.

It’s not Paycom, everyone in Steve’s chats has a fantasy that Paycom is gonna move downtown despite having spent tens of millions on their campus

Paycom taking the Sandridge tower would be really good for downtown. But their employees all live in Edmond and N OKC and would be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Paycom taking the Sandridge tower would be really good for downtown. But their employees all live in Edmond and N OKC and would be pissed.
    Paycom has spent $50,000,000 building out that campus. They aren’t going to just walk away from that because they want to be downtown, which they don’t.

FWIW I heard it’s US Fleet tracking

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post
    Yeah I’m wondering about the courtyard wall and what that would look like once built. Rand does great work so I don’t think we would be too disappointed.
    Rand has very interesting design, but almost always fails at urban design. He's a form over function type of architect so review will be important here.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    FWIW I heard it’s US Fleet tracking
    Do they have 100's of office employees?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Rand has very interesting design, but almost always fails at urban design. He's a form over function type of architect so review will be important here.
    How does this fit form over function or anti urban critique? It is very clean urban design with a Euro feel....lots of windows for natural light.

I think the design is fine. Actually, I think they almost hit it out of the park with this. It looks great.

I had a little concern about the courtyard wall, but then I went to Google Maps to try and get a better visual for where this is. That courtyard wall is along an alleyway that runs behind the property. The rendering shows a car driving on it, but that's not a regularly used street for traffic. There's virtually zero pedestrian traffic there as it is, and I don't think there are any plans to have storefronts facing that alley. If you're going to put an ugly wall anywhere, that's where you'd do it.

As far as the plaza goes, right now that area is just ugly parking. I can't tell how big the plaza is supposed to be, but you can always add another building there later if the owners decide to. It's an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Sandridge tower isn't really big enough for Paycom anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Do they have 100's of office employees?
    I just read where they have 33 employees -

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Sandridge tower isn't really big enough for Paycom anyway.
    Just went to their wiki... over 2500 employees!? How many of those are in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    How does this fit form over function or anti urban critique? It is very clean urban design with a Euro feel....lots of windows for natural light.
    I don't know what I was looking at. Lol. The urban design is here. Disregard my last comment.

A new entrant in to the market would be more significant. This (US Fleet) would simply shift the deck chairs.

BTW, this design is similar to Chesapeake Building 1 in the middle of that campus, also designed by Rand.

17. Default Re: NW 6th & Broadway Building

I can't tell from the renderings, but I hope there's streetail of some sort along Broadway and 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    A new entrant in to the market would be more significant. This (US Fleet) would simply shift the deck chairs.

19. Default Re: NW 6th & Broadway Building

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    It's an out-of-state company.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Great, that would be significant. Thanks

HangryHippo Guest

You feel good about this actually happening? Steve's article said it could still fall apart, so I'd like to gauge where my optimism should be, lol. Any idea when we'll find out the employer?

22. Default Re: NW 6th & Broadway Building

^^^^^^^
    No idea when the tenant would be made public other than certainly (hopefully) only after the deal is secured. Like you mention, in the original article Andy is very clear that the deal is not done yet. The danger in knowing about this type of thing early in the process is the fact that it can be disappointing if it doesn't come to fruition. Another danger is assigning blame if it doesn't. Sometimes deals just don't come together. It's great when they do, and of course creating designs like this are all a part of due diligence when trying to put them together. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You feel good about this actually happening? Steve's article said it could still fall apart, so I'd like to gauge where my optimism should be, lol. Any idea when we'll find out the employer?
    Especially when the article was published on April Fools day. (Not saying this is an elaborate joke, just that it's bad omens and we don't know Rainey Williams)

^^^^^^^
    No idea when the tenant would be made public other than certainly (hopefully) only after the deal is secured. Like you mention, in the original article Andy is very clear that the deal is not done yet. The danger in knowing about this type of thing early in the process is the fact that it can be disappointing if it doesn't come to fruition. Another danger is assigning blame if it doesn't. Sometimes deals just don't come together. It's great when they do, and of course creating designs like this are all a part of due diligence when trying to put them together. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.
    For why was this story leaked to press? This was obviously a "press-release" type situation, not some cold-case that Steve cracked on his own. So for what end was this story put to the public? Any guesses?

^^^^^^^
    +1

And when this kind of thing doesn't pan out it inevitably spurs a whole new round of feelings of inadequacy, complaints about the political and economic status quo, etc. I honestly prefer it when we don't know about projects until they're basically already moving dirt.

Thread Information