Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Monarch

Midtown Monarch

Oklahoman reporting a new, 4-story office building to be built by Midtown Renaissance just north of The Garage in Midtown along Robinson.

Will have a 2-story parking structure to the west, leaving room along Harvey for another, future building.

Glad to see MidtownR getting back in the game!

http://www.oklahoman.com/monarch-to-...rticle/5590884

Default Re: Monarch

Sweet. I actually really like the look of it. It has some nods to the Century Center IMO.

Here's a fuller picture of how much Midtown R owns in this area.

Remember, the Mercedes and Volvo dealerships along Broadway will soon be relocating to the Broadway / Memorial area so not only will those buildings be vacant, the same will be true of the many related parking lots and service buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here's a fuller picture of how much Midtown R owns in this area.

Remember, the Mercedes and Volvo dealerships along Broadway will soon be relocating to the Broadway / Memorial area so not only will those buildings be vacant, the same will be true of the many related parking lots and service buildings.
    Wow, surprised they are going to build the Monarch when they're about to have all the dealership property sitting vacant next month.

I used to work at MB/Jag/Vovlo of OKC in college. Really sad to see the last dealership leave "Automobile" Alley!! Any rumors about the future of the dealership sites?

In addition to everything pictured above, they own what we used to call the "West Lot" off 12th street. I'm pretty sure they also own these properties on 12th and Robinson as well as the land east of The Garage apartments:

This project does seem a bit strange because office vacancies particularly for Class A space are very high all over town. And right across the way is the under construction Broadway Park building.

And of course, MidtownR is getting ready to vacate those car dealerships which could be easily converted to office space.

I guess they have to do something with this huge amount of properties and clearly want to ramp down the apartment building as evidenced by going through the entire process with Memory Lane including having issued building permits, then completely putting on the brakes.

BTW, I believe this Monarch site was also considered for apartments and structured parking and a group taking core samples on this site was spotted several years ago.

Love the design. Is there any chance that we can see more renders without having a subscription to the Oklahoman?

Here are tons of renderings:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This project does seem a bit strange because office vacancies particularly for Class A space are very high all over town. And right across the way is the under construction Broadway Park building.

And of course, MidtownR is getting ready to vacate those car dealerships which could be easily converted to office space.

I guess they have to do something with this huge amount of properties and clearly want to ramp down the apartment building as evidenced by going through the entire process with Memory Lane including having issued building permits, then completely putting on the brakes.

BTW, I believe this Monarch site was also considered for apartments and structured parking and a group taking core samples on this site was spotted several years ago.
    Perhaps they are building it for someone? They seem like smart investors, so I doubt they'd get this going if they didn't at least have a few commitments.

The Oklahoman article says that MR has tenants lined up for the building, which is why they've decided to go ahead with construction

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    The Oklahoman article says that MR has tenants lined up for the building, which is why they've decided to go ahead with construction
    It says they have a tenant lined up for one floor.

Stunning architecture.

This project looks legit awesome! Just parked in that grass lot north of The Garage 2 Friday's ago. I'm more than happy to see this!

And people keep trashing the streetcar...

Because the street car is the reason for this development. Not the streets that thousands of people drive on everyday, it’s the streetcar lol

15. Default Re: Monarch

Thousands of cars have been driving up and down that stretch of a Robinson and neighboring streets for many, many decades. Even the ones wher it was LOSING buildings. There are also many other stretches of other streets with way MORE cars that aren’t getting so much as a gas station or dollar store.

This building is just now appearing for a few reasons, none of which have to do with traffic count. I’d start with: 1. MAPS (and associated downtown investment) 2. Visionary property ownership, and 3. Yes, streetcar.

Many buildings and development happened before the street car too. My point is the street isn’t necessarily spurring all of this development and saying so is just spouting non sense. It could be contributing to it and I would agree.

Oh wow, this looks fantastic. Here's hoping it goes up as rendered.

It comes with a nice solution to the parking questions in that area, too.

Would be nice to see the parking garage have a little more capacity and more features to add retail at the bottom. I only say add more capacity as to remove the need for more parking with any future developments across the street. If the streetcar was so critical to this development, I don't think you'd see as much parking proposed.

I assume that will be parking for Garage too? Curious if they will allow Guardian tenants to purchase spots there too. I lived there for 2.5 years and one big complaint was no covered parking. The semi-covered lot was extra, cost $50+ a month and didn't really serve the purpose I wanted. Great new project, if not a little interesting considering the current market. I anticipate there is more than 1 floor of tenants verbally committed for them to proceed.

20. Default Re: Monarch

appears to be the new home for OKC's newest juggernaut - We-Go-Look!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

The project and renderings look great.

Side note, as someone who lives in the area and has a dog, I really hate when people park there. It turns the whole area into mud/dirt. I always thought it was illegal to park on a grass lot like that, but maybe I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    appears to be the new home for OKC's newest juggernaut - We-Go-Look!
    Exciting if true. So.... Is it true?

We-Go-Look is too large and the purported tenant is supposed to be only taking one floor anyway.

However, they are a good candidate to take the building at 6th & Broadway.

Blog Entries

Except they're already downtown?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Except they're already downtown?
    Right, but they would still qualify for the quality jobs program by increasing employment.

Thread Information