Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Monarch

Default Re: Monarch

they were out pouring concrete for the back parking lot at 0500 this morning ...

Ackerman McQueen is still saying they plan to occupy a bunch of new space here, but given they have just lost at least half their revenue (the NRA) we'll see if they actually make that very expensive move.

No permits have been filed as of yet to finish out their space.

4. Default Re: Monarch

I would assume this building is smaller than their existing space in the Valliance Tower. As long as they're still in business one would assume they would still need office space.

My question is not necessarily if they need the space it is IF they will move to the Monarch or not.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Moving an office -- especially studios like what they have -- is crazy expensive.

I believe a big part of the motivation was to get more space and I suspect at least half their staff will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I would assume this building is smaller than their existing space in the Valliance Tower. As long as they're still in business one would assume they would still need office space.

My question is not necessarily if they need the space it is IF they will move to the Monarch or not.
    I believe there's a growing recognition within the Agency that moving to the Monarch will not necessarily win new clients nor help the firm keep its old, but, ultimately, no one wants to keep a Young King from having his pretty castle.

^

And because they committed to this just before losing half their business and made a point to do a huge PR splash about their plans, they have effectively painted themselves into a corner.

If they don't move, it will be seen as a further sign of collapse just when they are trying to hang on to their remaining clients.

So, at the worst possible time, they now almost have to go out and spend millions on a move they no longer need to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

And because they committed to this just before losing half their business and made a point to do a huge PR splash about their plans, they have effectively painted themselves into a corner.

If they don't move, it will be seen as a further sign of collapse just when they are trying to hang on to their remaining clients.

So, at the worst possible time, they now almost have to go out and spend millions on a move they no longer need to make.
    it does seem possible and maybe even likely that they were very aware of the entire NRA ordeal and the possiblity of losing them as a client before they decided to make this move??

it will be interesting to follow

In the Oklahoman story it said they met with the MidtownR group about moving here in August 2018.

And I know they were looking at various sites well before that.

So, they were looking to move long before this chain of events with the NRA. And it's highly doubtful they would be looking to spend millions on a new home if they knew they were going to lose at least half their income.

I think AM is going to survive OK. They are the best messaging service for the views they have put on NRATV and other platforms over the past 35 plus years. They should be able to find another partner for their existing infrastructure.

I'm guessing a rationale for moving is that the younger customer of theirs is moving away from the corporate office tower mentality. And the creative talent and buyer are both drawn to the more urban setting they are going to.

Of note, Lingo Construction has already filed and had their building permit issued for their new space on the ground floor.

No BP application has yet been made for the 2nd through 4th floors that AMc said they plan to occupy.

And no BP application for the space in the building to the east that AMc has said they will also be building out for their new studio.

In the Oklahoman story it said they met with the MidtownR group about moving here in August 2018.

And I know they were looking at various sites well before that.

So, they were looking to move long before this chain of events with the NRA. And it's highly doubtful they would be looking to spend millions on a new home if they knew they were going to lose at least half their income.
    per the NYT and the WSJ they have been in a pretty big conflict with the NRA since at least Nov 18 so it is not like this was just thrust upon them

maybe they didn't think things would get this bad??

it will be interesting to see if they actually occupy??

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    per the NYT and the WSJ they have been in a pretty big conflict with the NRA since at least Nov 18 so it is not like this was just thrust upon them

maybe they didn't think things would get this bad??

it will be interesting to see if they actually occupy??
    Either they knew about this well before November (which has not been reported) and this was considered in their move, or they did not believe things would go completely south with the NRA when they announced the plans for the new space.

If the latter, they are in a very bad place. Pull out and it adds fuel to the fire that the agency is in serious trouble. Go forward and you have to incur massive expense just as you are losing at least half your business.

Either they knew about this well before November (which has not been reported) and this was considered in their move, or they did not believe things would go completely south with the NRA when they announced the plans for the new space.

If the latter, they are in a very bad place. Pull out and it adds fuel to the fire that the agency is in serious trouble. Go forward and you have to incur massive expense just as you are losing at least half your business.
    i guess it will be very telling if they are trying to sublease this space and/or trying to find someone to just fully take this lease ... i would think that this space would be more expensive cost per sqft than their existing space ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i guess it will be very telling if they are trying to sublease this space and/or trying to find someone to just fully take this lease ... i would think that this space would be more expensive cost per sqft than their existing space ..
    The announcement in January said they would be making the move 'later this year'.

We are almost halfway through 2019 and they haven't even filed their building permits.

Ackerman McQueen has filed their building permit applications for parts of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors.

No permits have been filed for their proposed studio space in the building to the east.

All levels at the Monarch show space carved out for 'future expansion'. My understanding is they had to reconfigure their layouts after their deal with the NRA went completely south.

Top is 2nd floor followed by 3rd and 4th.

this is good news

which building was their studio supposed to go into??

^

I believe in the one directly across Robinson; part of the old Flower Mart.

Exterior is largely complete and at least some of Lingo's employees have moved in on the ground floor. Still lots of work to do on the upper floors, which will be the new HQ for Ackerman McQueen.

Those are neat workstations...

It sure doesn't look like they are nearly finished but I know Ackerman McQueen has started its move into the upper floors and will be open for business at the new spot 12/18.

22. Default Re: Monarch

This turned out really nice! Would love to see some more infill like this around the area.

23. Default Re: Monarch

I really love this building. Adds nicely to the neighborhood.

Blog Entries

Except for the people in the Guardian that now have offices looking into their lofts. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Except for the people in the Guardian that now have offices looking into their lofts. :-P
    Just part of the charm of living in a Big League City.

Thread Information