Thursday night

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190110_191250563.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	15127

Default Re: Monarch

I will be super-happy if completion of this project brings better night lighting to the area between Garage, Monarch and the Stryker building. Right now it's pitch black.

Blog Entries

Speaking of Stryker building, when I was over there, it had a for sale sign up.

Oklahoman reporting Ackerman McQueen is moving from the Valliance building to Monarch.

Props to Worthy Cook who had previously posted this info on 12/26 but I took it down (with his permission) while I attempted to verify. I knew it was happening, but couldn't get anyone to go on the record.

I know Ackerman was in active negotiations with Chisholm Creek until quite recently.

Although the Oklahoman did not disclose this, Ackerman places millions of advertising with them on behalf of their clients. They also place a much smaller amount with a company I own, Oklahoma Gazette.

6. Default Re: Monarch

My first scoop!

Wasn't Lingo supposed to go into this building? That always seemed odd but wasn't that the story? Is Lingo staying put where they are?

Believe both tenants will be going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Believe both tenants will be going in.

The Oklahoman article states this.

Blog Entries

Glass going up.

Blog Entries

Saw on social media that ackerman mcqueen is moving to this building, maybe that was out there already though.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Saw on social media that ackerman mcqueen is moving to this building, maybe that was out there already though.
    Yes, the Oklahoman had a story on it several months ago.

But I'm not sure that is going to happen if they lose the NRA as a client, which I understand represents more than half their billings.

Yes, the Oklahoman had a story on it several months ago.

But I'm not sure that is going to happen if they lose the NRA as a client, which I understand represents more than half their billings.
    I don't know much about ad agencies, but I did watch all 7 seasons of Mad Men and so I think I'm qualified to say that losing half your billings is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    I don't know much about ad agencies, but I did watch all 7 seasons of Mad Men and so I think I'm qualified to say that losing half your billings is bad.
    "Lucky Strike can turn off our lights."

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    I would bet that, even if Ackerman were to lose the NRA account, they'd still be the largest ad agency in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by theanvil View Post
    I would bet that, even if Ackerman were to lose the NRA account, they'd still be the largest ad agency in the state.
    That's assuming there isn't a cascading effect when/if they lose the NRA.

That's assuming there isn't a cascading effect when/if they lose the NRA.
    Yeah. You can be sure each of their clients are currently going over Ackerman's prior invoices with a fine-tooth comb.

That being said, I'm sure there's a lot more to this story than Ackerman refusing to turn over detailed T&E and budget information and can't imagine this lawsuit was a surprise to them. To be a fly on the wall....

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Yeah. You can be sure each of their clients are currently going over Ackerman's prior invoices with a fine-toothed comb.
    Also, the hundreds of millions AMc got from the NRA allowed them to do lots of things for other clients.

It is impossible to overstate how intertwined AM and the NRA have become. Either company is the puppet on the lap of the other, IMO. They are 50-50 partners on lobbying and marketing companies in the DC area (under different names). NRA TV is all from AM. This is arguably the longest and deepest partnership between PR and client in American history. This includes a family feud.

Grabbed some The Garage yesterday and snapped this one. Really surprised at how much of a difference this building makes on this street. Also much bigger than I had pictured in my head. Picture from 5-3-19:

Beautiful addition to Midtown. This is turning out even better than I expected

Thread Information