Widgets Magazine

Thread: So who made the decision not to sand bridges in OKC on Saturday, April 7th?

Default So who made the decision not to sand bridges in OKC on Saturday, April 7th?

I was heading to Tulsa about 6am and saw ZERO sand trucks out! On I-35 from Moore to the Turnpike entrance I saw three major accidents involving semi-tractor trailers and anoth 6-8 involving cars and trucks. Roads were just wet, but bridges were very slick and dangerous.

Just a little bit of sand could have prevented tens of thousands in property damage.

2. Default Re: So who made the decision not to sand bridges in OKC on Saturday, April 7th?

ODOT is who you need to bitch at. OKC had crews out Fri/Sat. OKC doesn't do the interstates.

3. Default Re: So who made the decision not to sand bridges in OKC on Saturday, April 7th?

Actually the plows were out and several areas did get sanded. But to be honest, by about 11am, even the iciest bridges were warmed up to slush. All the folks that wrecked earlier in the day were driving 60 mph on the clear road and not slowing down for the insanely slick bridges.

Thread Information