Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Circle K

1. Default Re: Circle K

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    7-Eleven has somehow gone even further downhill since selling to corporate, which I didn’t think was possible. The only one I’ve been to recently that’s still in good shape is the one at OK-66 and Sara Road. Everything else has seemingly fallen into disrepair, even the new concept locations (went to the one at NW 23rd & Council recently and I swear they were out of half of their usual products).
    Yes, I drive by that store a couple times a week, they remodeled and added the Laredo Taco, but that store is so dirty now. Now I try to go to the On Cue at 39th and Rockwell.

Default Re: Circle K

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    I live 1/2 mile from a 7-11 and 1 mile from an OnCue. I haven't even considered patronizing the 7-11 since the OnCue opened nearly 5 years ago. Granted, that's not a huge difference in distance, but I'm sure I'm not alone in not giving a second thought to driving further to shop at OnCue instead of 7-11.
    I routinely go out of my way to find an oncue. Not necessarily to avoid 7-11, though. They just run an outstanding business in on almost every aspect.

Most 7/11s are always filthy which also seems to be the same with Circle K. However, the old 7/11 at SW 44th and May was squeaky clean the last time I was in there. The one at 29th and s may is always filthy to the point of being disgusting. Really hoping we get some QTs here with the Brown family no longer being involved.

IMO, the only way we're ever getting QTs at this point in OKC is if they buy out OnCue someday. Maybe it would have been possible if 7-Eleven had sold to corporate 5 years ago, but now I think OnCue is well on their way to critical mass with a location every couple of miles, to the point where there's not much room left for QT to build.

Yep.

7-11 had this entire territory to themselves for decades and debased the entire community with their horrible stores, and so OnCue stepped into the void and are deserving of every bit of success they achieve.

Due to a very misguided 'gentleman's agreement', QT missed out on a great opportunity that has now largely passed.

Eh, QT has a cult following. I bet if they built in the right areas there’s several spots they could do very well in OKC.

QT could still build some stores here but they might not bother given the current saturation and the fact Casey's is taking over 30 Circle K's and OnCue already has another 10 locations in the pipeline.

Of course they could still come, but their motivation has to be drastically reduced.

And as far as I know, they have not even started looking in Central OK.

Pete, have you heard anything serious about Bucees?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Pete, have you heard anything serious about Bucees?
    I think there is a good chance they will eventually build on that Norman I-35/Highway 9 spot.

Have to get that intersection reworked. They haven't purchased the land but may have an option to buy.

That location would make tons of sense for them.

And BTW, I'd like to see some QT's here but frankly, they allowed OKC to wallow in the mire that was the 7-11 monopoly so I'd rather give my money to OnCue and maybe even Casey's.

It will be nice to have that option around the metro.

I just wish OnCue or QT would build between Dallas and OKC at a few spots.

I spent 18 years in Tulsa with QuikTrip's and they are just OnCue with different branding. The only real difference is that OnCue has the massive canopies which I think is my favorite part.

I think the allure of QuikTrip is mostly from the local distain for 7-11 and absence of QT. But QuikTrip really isn't anything special in my opinion.

QT is building a store in Clinton, their first western oklahoma store if Im not mistaken. So may not be out of the picture that they build in OKC at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    QT is building a store in Clinton, their first western oklahoma store if Im not mistaken. So may not be out of the picture that they build in OKC at some point.
    Are you sure about that? The only thing I could find was a new QT being built in Clinton, SC.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    They don’t seem to go into small areas and just do one store. They are more of a metro location store where they go into a metro where they can set up many stores such as recently with Austin, San Antonio and soon Denver if that didn’t already start. I don’t see them going out into rural areas away from their existing markets

If anything a Clinton Ok might get a new Hutch if something is being built. That is their market. Not sure if there is anything new in Clinton Ok being built as the other poster mentioned it might be another state

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Are you sure about that? The only thing I could find was a new QT being built in Clinton, SC.
    Maybe Im wrong but I thought I saw something about it in an article last year sometime. Maybe another western oklahoma town or maybe I was wrong altogether.

It's funny that for all the c-store discussion, OKC's own Love's Country Stores is never mentioned (apart from a hideous patch on Thunder jerseys).

I know they tend to focus on truckers but not exclusively.

I personally never use them.

18. Default Re: Circle K

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's funny that for all the c-store discussion, OKC's own Love's Country Stores is never mentioned (apart from a hideous patch on Thunder jerseys).

Back in the 80's when I was in high school and they still had a meat/deli counter with cured lunch meats and cheese I used them quite a bit and would grab some sandwich fixings or get one of the Italian Subs... As they phased into Subway I stopped going...... Now I will occasionally stop at the one in Wynnewood and get a Godfather's Pizza.

19. Default Re: Circle K

I seek out Love's while on the road, but favor OnCue when I'm in the city. Love's is generally clean and has a good selection of things you might need on a long trip.

It may not help that it seems like the local one nearest me tries to do the bare minimum, but the Loves not marketed to Truckers just kind of seems present with little standing out. My local one waited at least a decade after the store looked like it needed major renovations it to do so, even when it did it still is the sort of 80s style size that feels tiny today. So half the store footprint of the multiple 7/11s and Conocos within a couple miles of it, with only a fraction of the pumps with a worse layout to drive/park. OnCue coming in made that style feel even more out of date, being three times the store building size, with even more pumps and better design around the store.

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    I seek out Love's while on the road, but favor OnCue when I'm in the city. Love's is generally clean and has a good selection of things you might need on a long trip.
    I honestly don't think I have ever been inside a clean Love's.

Quote Originally Posted by kzizok View Post
    I honestly don't think I have ever been inside a clean Love's.
    Not sure what Love's you go to. But all of the ones I have been to have been clean, and well-stocked. I tend to go to the travel stop ones, and that is what Love's mainly is. They are different than, say, a 7-11 or something like that. They mostly are truck stops, and I think they are pretty well ran.

You’d be surprised how many motels/hotels Loves is building right by their new fuel stops.

FWIW I really like their Tucumcari NM Marriott Fairfield across the street from their truck stop/regular vehicles and customers too. Very nice, clean, good breakfast, IIRC it’s 4 stories. Exit 333 I-40.

They’re doing this now every chance they get.

The Cirlce K at Reno/Mustang Road was closed this morning. there were 2 large box trucks in the parking lot with the Caseys name on the side. Lots of activity--- I saw someone taking hte pumps apart, but that may have just ben to swap the branding out.

^

Thanks. Great to know there has been some progress.

I believe they are changing out the signage on the pumps; most of the current Conoco branding will be removed as well as the Circle K branding.

Thread Information