Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Circle K

Default Re: Circle K

Quote Originally Posted by ChowRunner View Post
    The Cirlce K at Reno/Mustang Road was closed this morning. there were 2 large box trucks in the parking lot with the Caseys name on the side. Lots of activity--- I saw someone taking hte pumps apart, but that may have just ben to swap the branding out.
    I saw the same type activity at 39th & N. May this morning.

This is the location at 39th & May. You can see they've taken down the Shell signs from the canopy as well (some of the Circle K's have Conoco signs instead).

It will be very interesting to see how much they renovate these old stores and if they plan to add their trademark pizza kitchens.

I haven't seen any permits filed other than for the signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Thanks. Great to know there has been some progress.

I believe they are changing out the signage on the pumps; most of the current Conoco branding will be removed as well as the Circle K branding.
    Sooner and i40 is closed and has the Casey brand up on it now

Just noticed today on my lunch break as I was driving by the location at 23rd and Western they had the parking lot closed off and were working on the signs.

BTW, the location I photographed used to have a big Subway sign and that has been taken down as well.

Maybe an indication they will be going with their pizza kitchen instead. Most Circle K's that they bought in OKC don't have any sort of restaurant, so it will be more difficult for them to add pizza in those spots.

MacArthur and 122nd is swapped.

I wonder if these will be branded as something different -- The signs all say just Casey's -- all the stores that they built themselves are "Casey's General Store" I wonder if that will be how they plan to show that no kitchen will be on site.

Quote Originally Posted by ChowRunner View Post
    I wonder if these will be branded as something different -- The signs all say just Casey's -- all the stores that they built themselves are "Casey's General Store" I wonder if that will be how they plan to show that no kitchen will be on site.
    Casey's is rebranding nationwide and dropping "general store" from its signage.

The signs are pretty boring compared to what is on their main stores, but I'm sure they will gradually remodel these C-stores or rebuild in the coming years. Its hard to fit their logo into an existing square box.

Norman location on 24th and Lindsey swapped over last week. Took them a couple of days but no noticeable changes to the interior other than signage.

There are still a bunch of locations that haven't been rebranded but I know they are just working their way through them.

It seems they close for a day to change out the signage and do a bit of interior cleanup.

I'm sure they will be performing some degree of remodeling down the line.

I-240 and Walker has been swapped over as well - pumps and signage. Interestingly, none of the new Circle K acquisitions are showing up on their store locator page yet.

Kinda disappointed that this means we're losing a significant number of Shell stations in the metro... Shell is one of my go-to fuels, and they have a great discount/rewards program too. Most of the non-Circle-K Shells on the southside are not stations I would feel comfortable trusting, though.

But if they can figure out a way to remodel these newly acquired stores and add in the fresh food component that they're known for, then I won't mind losing Shell as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There are still a bunch of locations that haven't been rebranded but I know they are just working their way through them.

It seems they close for a day to change out the signage and do a bit of interior cleanup.

I'm sure they will be performing some degree of remodeling down the line.
    Circle K at I40 and Sooner road has started the rebrand

Looks like the location at Yukon Parkway (Mustang Rd) and Hwy 66 has started conversion, even though they opened one about 6 months ago a mile due east at Sara.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I-240 and Walker has been swapped over as well - pumps and signage. Interestingly, none of the new Circle K acquisitions are showing up on their store locator page yet.

Kinda disappointed that this means we're losing a significant number of Shell stations in the metro... Shell is one of my go-to fuels, and they have a great discount/rewards program too. Most of the non-Circle-K Shells on the southside are not stations I would feel comfortable trusting, though.

But if they can figure out a way to remodel these newly acquired stores and add in the fresh food component that they're known for, then I won't mind losing Shell as much.
    +100000

I was really disappointed to see that Shell go. I prefer either Shell or Mobil.

I prefer the signage on stores Casey bulit over the white with the red signs they are using on the converted stores.

95% of the time I stop at a C store it is for gas. Unbranded or non top tier fuel doesn't cut it. Hard pass on Casey

... Shell is one of my go-to fuels, and they have a great discount/rewards program too. Most of the non-Circle-K Shells on the southside are not stations I would feel comfortable trusting, though. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    95% of the time I stop at a C store it is for gas. Unbranded or non top tier fuel doesn't cut it. Hard pass on Casey
    While it is plausible for locations to have issues with their storage or delivery system, there is variations on additives to their fuel, and differences in procedures or quality control. It is not like all the station companies are trucking fuel from their own refineries, those fuel trucks are picking up their fuel from the same network of national pipelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    While it is plausible for locations to have issues with their storage or delivery system, there is variations on additives to their fuel, and differences in procedures or quality control. It is not like all the station companies are trucking fuel from their own refineries, those fuel trucks are picking up their fuel from the same network of national pipelines.
    Let me add to your post for clarification. On Cue sells Conoco fuel exclusively. Circle K sold Shell exclusively. Conoco is a "Top Tier" fuel along with Shell.
    The "Top Tier" designation indicates that there are more detergent additives than the government minimum. Numerous new car companies if not most recommend Top Tier fuel. Murphy, 7-11, and Casey do not sell this product. When a company offers Top Tier it is a selling point and advertised on the pump.
    https://www.autolist.com/guides/top-tier-gas

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Oh, absolutely! I know most of the fuel dispensed in the Metro comes from like 2 or maybe 3 terminals, so often the base gasoline is the same between different retailers and it's the additive packages (blended in at the terminals) that make the difference. I prefer fueling up at Shell because of the extra detergent additives they use in their additive package, and Circle K seemed like they always did a good job maintaining their storage tanks and pumps, since I never had any fuel-related issues with my car when I used them. It also helps that my cell phone carrier gives me discount codes for Shell's rewards program too - but I still preferred to get gas there even without the discounts. Now I'll probably switch to OnCue instead for their Phillips 66-branded gas, since their additive package is also top-tier.

Thread Information