Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Circle K

Default Re: Circle K

Fence went up around the station on 15th&Brdwy in Edmond. Either to demolish it or remove the tanks and/or the canopy.

My understanding is that in the places where they've closed and ended their lease, they are required by their lease agreement to remove the tanks.

They tore down the building at 122nd and May yesterday. Any idea what's going up in its place?

I'm probably late in reporting this since I rarely travel due to COVID-19 but the May and Britton location of Circle K has officially been razed.

Sad, I had good memories of Circle K back in the 80's and 90's

It looks like all Oklahoma Circle-K locations are being sold to Casey's:

https://csnews.com/circle-k-announce...-north-america

Blog Entries

Is this the second or third time Circle K loses Oklahoma representation? Will there be a next time?

Probably an upgrade. Circle K seems to be the dumpster of C-stores, right next to corporate 7/11’s.

Blog Entries

Not disagreeing. Just saying, when I was a kid we had circle Ks, then as a younger adult we didn't, then we did again, now we won't again....

This is a very good thing.

Circle K has been dying on the vine and most of their stores are a disgrace.

Casey's are clean and they run a tight ship.

This move will escalate the c-store wars with OnCue and the new 7-11's.

bogus...

12. Default Re: Circle K

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Not disagreeing. Just saying, when I was a kid we had circle Ks, then as a younger adult we didn't, then we did again, now we won't again....
    When I was a kid we had U-tote-M and then Circle K bought them out.

If I read the linked story correctly then Casey's is buying Circle K, as well as Bucky's. Which apparently is not associated with Bucc-ee's? I think I'm getting a C-store headache.

Speaking of U-Tote-M, I used to go to the location on the SW edge of the Hibdon's property at N. May & Wilshire in the early 1970s. Back when a 15 year old could buy a Smut House magazine and play air hockey at 3AM on a summer night.

So what will become of the existing Circle K's? Some are in pretty rough shape here and likely need a complete tear down and rebuild.

^

Most the Circle K's in Oklahoma are leased, so I would expect them to be remodeled, not necessarily completely rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Most the Circle K's in Oklahoma are leased, so I would expect them to be remodeled, not necessarily completely rebuilt.
    Have you been in the Casey's around the metro yet? They have a pizza operation and their stores seem larger than what something like this could provide:

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.5367...7i16384!8i8192

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Have you been in the Casey's around the metro yet? They have a pizza operation and their stores seem larger than what something like this could provide:

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.5367...7i16384!8i8192
    Yes, I've been in several. They are very clean and nice and lots of people love their pizza.

Casey's was going to build at Western and NW 150th or somewhere in the area, right? What happened to that location?

Blog Entries

As a frequent traveler, I feel like I've been to some "rough" Casey's locations as well (in particular in Nebraska).

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Casey's was going to build at Western and NW 150th or somewhere in the area, right? What happened to that location?
    They bought the land.

They have about half a dozen new locations in the same category.

I'd rank them as follows:

1) OnCue
    2) 7-Eleven (new concept stores)
    3) Casey's
    4) 7-Eleven (old concept stores)
    5) Circle K

Casey's has started to file permits to change out the signage on a bunch of the old Circle K's in the OKC area.

No building permits yet at any of the sites, but you have to think they will be doing some remodeling and maybe even adding kitchens as pizza is a big part of their business model.

Virtually anything they do at any of these Circle K's would be an improvement. All of them are pretty nasty but lots of very good locations.

If Casey's do make improvements, the convenience store market in this city is going to take a big step forward. And hopefully it will motivate 7-11 to clean up some of their stores.

7-Eleven has somehow gone even further downhill since selling to corporate, which I didn’t think was possible. The only one I’ve been to recently that’s still in good shape is the one at OK-66 and Sara Road. Everything else has seemingly fallen into disrepair, even the new concept locations (went to the one at NW 23rd & Council recently and I swear they were out of half of their usual products).

Fortunately, there are tons of good options and it's easy to avoid 7-11 and things are only going to get better.

I'm so permanently scarred by their horrific, trashy stores for the majority of my life, there is nothing they can do to earn back my business and I suspect many people feel the same.

25. Default Re: Circle K

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Fortunately, there are tons of good options and it's easy to avoid 7-11 and things are only going to get better.

I'm so permanently scarred by their horrific, trashy stores for the majority of my life, there is nothing they can do to earn back my business and I suspect many people feel the same.
    I live 1/2 mile from a 7-11 and 1 mile from an OnCue. I haven't even considered patronizing the 7-11 since the OnCue opened nearly 5 years ago. Granted, that's not a huge difference in distance, but I'm sure I'm not alone in not giving a second thought to driving further to shop at OnCue instead of 7-11.

Thread Information