Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: April Fool? In-N-Out Coming Soon

Default Re: April Fool? In-N-Out Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by billokc View Post
    I drove by the location of the In-N-Out banner today (Sat Apr 7th). It's gone.
    That is because construction is about to start and they need all the room they can get to build the In-N-Out.

Yesterday we ate at the In-N-Out in Denton and I came to the realization that In-N-Out makes a great burger for the price, but any admiration beyond that is pure fantasy.

4. Default Re: April Fool? In-N-Out Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Yesterday we ate at the In-N-Out in Denton and I came to the realization that In-N-Out makes a great burger for the price, but any admiration beyond that is pure fantasy.
    People like it because it is cheap. That has always been the case for me at least.

i've never understood the obsession

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Kudos to whomever is behind this prank. Not only did he/she get his/her 15 minutes, he/she managed to restart another "In n Out is the best" "No it isn't" thread.
    Nailed it.

Ditto. Even the 'secret menu' isn't really a big deal when you think about what it is, AND that most other fast food places could replicate it with ease.

http://www.in-n-out.com/menu/not-so-secret-menu.aspx

Here we go....

Is there a way to hide threads? Every time I see this thread my eyes jump to In-N-Out and I have to be sad all over again.

10. Default Re: April Fool? In-N-Out Coming Soon

When i eat there, I'm always left with wondering "where's the beef"? Also feel disappointed each time. I dont think i'll bother going back.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    When i eat there, I'm always left with wondering "where's the beef"? Also feel disappointed each time. I dont think i'll bother going back.
    You need to order the triple triple to get more beef in there.

“I don’t get it. It’s just a great burger for super cheap. What’s the big deal? Anyone could do that.”

But no one else does. Hence the obsession.

It’s also sparkling clean and all the employees appear hygienic as well. A 3x3 (3 meat 3 cheese) with things off the not-at-all secret menu like grilled onion and mustard fried beef is about the best drive through-able fast food burger out there and it costs less than $5. The head spinning speed, cost, and cleanliness send it to the top of the take home list. My opinion is that steak & shake beats it. But not by a huge margin and it’s more $$$.

The obsession also comes from not having one in your town. Not having elevates anything’s “I want it” factor. Remember the part where Tom Sawyer gets the other kids to PAY him to paint the fence? Every few years I stumble across a White Castle and clamor in to get boxes of those steamy little burgers only to be reminded that they are disgusting. Then the memory slowly fades and I just want something I can’t have again.

Aaaaaaaand we're in the "yes it is" phase.

Thread Information