Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Default Re: Three Cubed (formerly Banquet)

Nm
    Last edited by Jersey Boss; 01-02-2021 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Weak joke

Blog Entries

Though there's been no signage changes yet, I noticed this morning when the bus went by this place that there's "now open" banner hanging on the window.

^

They have opened the restaurant and bar but not the 'lounge'.

https://www.facebook.com/Three.Cubed.Concepts

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    All of the mathematicians are just going to refer to it as 27, though.
    😆😆

One of the more bizarre aspects of 3 Cubed is the bold Banquet Cinema sign is still up, with no signs of it being removed anytime soon.

They finally replaced the Banquet sign:

Blog Entries

been meaning to post that

8. Default Re: Three Cubed (formerly Banquet)

Closed, sale sign outside and today I drove by and the windows are covered, big dumpster on the side and workers in and out.

Looked like some construction activity was happening yesterday afternoon - do we know the plans for this corner? Or are they just still cleaning out the old space?

Quote Originally Posted by truthiness View Post
    Looked like some construction activity was happening yesterday afternoon - do we know the plans for this corner? Or are they just still cleaning out the old space?
    There haven't been any building permits or any other filings, so I suspect they are just cleaning it out.

Drove by this afternoon. Paper Covering the some of the windows but you could see very nice light fixtures hanging from the ceiling. Lights were on and a hand full of people inside.

The new place will be called Glamour.

Dining and nightlife. I'll have more soon but the new operators are making a big investment.

Hopefully with the massive apartment complex going in next door this building can finally get the shot it deserves.
    Was not the demographic for 3 cubed so I can't speak to it, but I loved Banquet Cinema and have always thought it was a cool building since I moved to OKC, used to pass it on my commute every day.

Yea the new concept is the same owner that runs the promotion for a lot of the EDM scene in OKC, Tulsa, and even Wichita. Which that scene has a very large following and you can bet there will be some influence of that into this nightlife concept.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2137.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	346.1 KB 
ID:	17860
    Not a great picture but one I snapped the other day, looks like new signage is up.

When are they scheduled to open?

Very soon.

I should have exact details in the next week or two.

Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

If you like gorgeous spaces, sharable plates, cocktails, champagne, and music, Glamour Dining & Nightlife is an ambitious new restaurant and bar that you'll want to experience in person.

Located at 800 NW 4th just west of downtown, it's huge and beautiful with three separate concepts under one roof.

The largest area greets you as you enter and has a huge bar, lots of tables and booths, and scores of chandeliers. Small plates will be served for dinner and then later the lights go down and the music gets turned up. There are plenty of alcoves for socializing.

Next is Vanity, a separate ultra-lounge that is dark with a chill vibe with another large bar.

And then there is Vinyl which has a large stage and will host live music, comedy shows, and high-energy DJs and it also has its own bar.

Featured throughout are elaborate lighting and video screens and high-end sound systems. They will also be adding a large patio out front.

They will officially open their doors on May 31st. Hours will be 4 PM to midnight Wednesday and Thursday, extending to 2 AM on Fridays. Saturday will be open at 10:30 AM for brunch with closing at 2 AM. Sunday will also start brunch at 10:30 with a closing time of midnight.

This place looks killer. Hopefully it literally attracts a more sophisticated clientele as opposed to the Sunset set.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    This place looks killer. Hopefully it literally attracts a more sophisticated clientele as opposed to the Sunset set.
    I think it will.

The key is not using dodgy promoters that recruit the stabby/shooty crowd.

Looks cool, but not sure I want to hang at a place that has a big neon sign declaring Glam AF, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Looks cool, but not sure I want to hang at a place that has a big neon sign declaring Glam AF, lol...
    Agreed. But I get it. Probably an instagram opportunity for the patrons.

Other than that, the place looks great.

Yes, you have to have an Instagram wall.

It's a sure way of people posting and promoting your place. It's very smart.

24. Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

It’s gorgeous. Will be interesting to see if it can sustain the dining aspect of its business - it’s definitely still off the beaten path - and not have to rely too heavily on the clearly designed-for nightclub space. Nightclub money is easy, and tempting. Especially if everyday business is lackluster. If that portion of the business becomes the tail that wags the dog it could be problematic. I’m not familiar with the operator here, but that will be the deciding factor on how this goes.

It's a group that has done a lot in Dallas, although they are from OKC.

It's in no way affiliated with the handful of local operators that rely on shady promoters to draw in a big but rough crowd.

It's unlike anything else in OKC. The only thing in the ballpark would be The Jones and I know they aspire to attract the same type of crowd.

Thread Information