Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

1. Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Fingers crossed that they are fully prepared to weather the ups AND the downs. Both can be challenging in the urban core, especially when a bit physically disconnected from the other activity.

2. Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Fingers crossed that they are fully prepared to weather the ups AND the downs. Both can be challenging in the urban core, especially when a bit physically disconnected from the other activity.
    So far their social team is doing a great job of reaching out. I live within walking distance of this place and hope that you are right. It will be interesting to see the dynamic of the Flea crowd and this crowd. I will definitely be brutally honest with them if I think it doesn't work.

Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, you have to have an Instagram wall.

It's a sure way of people posting and promoting your place. It's very smart.
    Yup, very smart.

In the next year or two, there will be another large apartment complex wrapping around this place. The construction could hinder it a bit at first, but it will add a bunch of new residences next door.

Quote Originally Posted by ccsokc View Post
    In the next year or two, there will be another large apartment complex wrapping around this place. The construction could hinder it a bit at first, but it will add a bunch of new residences next door.
    If they can hang on that long. They will be wise to market as a destination without regard to their apartment neighbors. Not necessarily the crowd they seek per se.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Looks cool, but not sure I want to hang at a place that has a big neon sign declaring Glam AF, lol...
    Haha. I would guess you’re not in their target market. That wall is grammable AF bro!!!

$29 lobster soft tacos and $49 filets don't seem to mesh with an Instagram Wall, but maybe that is just me.

Other than that it looks pretty nice but I can see this going south pretty quick.

pete was right, this is... ambitious

9. Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    $29 lobster soft tacos and $49 filets don't seem to mesh with an Instagram Wall, but maybe that is just me.

Other than that it looks pretty nice but I can see this going south pretty quick.
    anything can go south quickly in this town, but those prices will actually bring in a Culprits-type crowd. Never underestimate the power of women and their Instagram buddies. They will be at this place often.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post

Sure it does…it goes something like: “Let’s go eat at the most expensive/exclusive night club in the city and take a picture!!! it’s so pretty! Oh look at that wall, it’s funny AF…take a pic of me making a duck face in this funny hat! Tag me!”

Gag me lol…but it will be popular. I hate social media “influencing” lol but this place looks really cool and is going to do very well even if I have “Let me take a selfie” by the Chainsmokers blaring in my head on repeat every time I go there.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Haha. I would guess you’re not in their target market. That wall is grammable AF bro!!!
    Yeah, when I saw that I knew I definitely wasn't in their target demographic. No social media for me, I prefer to actually live my life in reality...

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Sure it does…it goes something like: “Let’s go eat at the most expensive/exclusive night club in the city and take a picture!!! it’s so pretty! Oh look at that wall, it’s funny AF…take a pic of me making a duck face in this funny hat! Tag me!”

Gag me lol…but it will be popular. I hate social media “influencing” lol but this place looks really cool and is going to do very well even if I have “Let me take a selfie” by the Chainsmokers blaring in my head on repeat every time I go there.
    The Jones has proven that Insta-worthy backdrops can work very well with upscale dining and nightlife.

City + State is similar as well.

BTW, that sign is in a hallway near the restrooms. And every time someone takes a photo and posts it, that is free publicity to the cohorts (and target market) of their friends and followers.

Even places like Boomtown Creamery have similar walls for the same reason.

Yeah, when I saw that I knew I definitely wasn't in their target demographic. No social media for me, I prefer to actually live my life in reality...
    It’s not challenging at all to use social media and live in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    It’s not challenging at all to use social media and live in reality.
    Didn't say it was challenging, just that I have no use for it, except to check FB to see what a restaurant's or coffee place's current specials of the month are, that's about it. I have other time-sucks that don't leave room for IG, FB, Twitter, TikTok, .....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Jones has proven that Insta-worthy backdrops can work very well with upscale dining and nightlife.

City + State is similar as well.

BTW, that sign is in a hallway near the restrooms. And every time someone takes a photo and posts it, that is free publicity to the cohorts (and target market) of their friends and followers.

Even places like Boomtown Creamery have similar walls for the same reason.
    I’ve seen the one at golden hour and Up Down Arcade posted all over the place as well (though that’s a departure from upscale dining, definitely goes to show it’s a good idea).

Didn't realize they put it by the bathrooms where people inevitably will be waiting inline. Pretty easy way to ensure people use it.

If anyone actually goes to the space and looks around, you'll be very impressed with the quality and attention to detail.

This isn't like Kong's or Sunset... They spent a lot of money and it shows.

The best comparisons would be The Jones and City + State, which is saying something.

Their A/V is state of the art. Each space has multiple large video arrays and the sound systems are high-end.

It seems many are having a hard time understanding this place because there is nothing else like it in OKC. Hopefully, that works to their advantage.

The whole setup really impressed me and that doesn't happen very often.

Didn't say it was challenging, just that I have no use for it, except to check FB to see what a restaurant's or coffee place's current specials of the month are, that's about it. I have other time-sucks that don't leave room for IG, FB, Twitter, TikTok, .....
    Not using social media doesn’t bother me, I only use IG and that’s just to follow architecture/interior design/engineering pages but just in the context of Glamour having an Instagram wall, that particular point in your comment stood out.

I don’t think there’s much wiggle room when you say “no social media for me, I prefer to actually live my life in reality” to imply anything besides living real life and using social media outside necessity are at odds or that people using social media aren’t reality inclined.

I know this is getting unnecessarily off topic and what you said is pretty standard, so I’ll leave it at that.

Wow. You are so much cooler than anyone on this forum. Congrats for being so much cooler than anyone else. You must live an amazing life being so much cooler than everyone you know. Congrats again on being so much cooler than everyone.

Good for you. I hate what social media has done to our society. Unfortunately it’s not going anywhere and businesses that don’t you use it to their advantage are left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Wow. You are so much cooler than anyone on this forum. Congrats for being so much cooler than anyone else. You must live an amazing life being so much cooler than everyone you know. Congrats again on being so much cooler than everyone.
    Because I actually read books, watch TV and films instead of screwing around with social media, that makes me cooler than everybody else? Cool...

Because I actually read books, watch TV and films instead of screwing around with social media, that makes me cooler than everybody else? Cool...

Hang on...you mean, being social on a website with public access, cool photos, and advertising in exchange for $ and posts DOESN'T count as social media??
    **deletes OKCTalk.com account**

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Hang on...you mean, being social on a website with public access, cool photos, and advertising in exchange for $ and posts DOESN'T count as social media??
    **deletes OKCTalk.com account**
    Actually, it doesn't count for me. FB, IG, TikTok, etc. are what I (and most likely a huge majority of people) consider social media.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    You’re actually the coolest one on here. Based on how much you preface things with your world travels, you must be the one living an amazing life. Congrats on being so cultured and better than everyone.

I will suggest sound deadening panels in that dining room. The place turned out great! Also I was not expecting that menu at all. The dining concept here is extremely ambitious, as many here have commented.

I think this place will be successful on the entertainment/club side. Golden Hour in the WV District is similar in the vibes department, the big difference here is Glamour has a local king promotor at the helm. I predict this will be pulling some great smaller-venue shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I think this place will be successful on the entertainment/club side. Golden Hour in the WV District is similar in the vibes department, the big difference here is Glamour has a local king promotor at the helm. I predict this will be pulling some great smaller-venue shows.
    Having been in both, I don't think that's at all a fair comparison.

Golden Hour doesn't serve any food and only opens late and for a few nights a week. It's more like a Bricktown club. Plus, the level of finishes and attention to detail is more along the lines you see in Bricktown.

I think the best comparison is the Jones, although nothing in town is that big.

Thread Information