Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ganache Patisserie

Far North Ganache Patisserie

OKC opens it's first European style patisserie! Those artisan pastries look incredible! The owners decided to move to OKC and open up shop.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-gets...rticle/5588802

Blog Entries

Default Re: OKC gets new European Style Patisserie.

Yesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Default Re: OKC gets new European Style Patisserie.

very good, but very expensive. you've been warned

Will have to try this place when I am in OKC. I do not have a problem paying higher prices for quality. This is not your usual cookie cutter bakery (pun) Walmart type thing. With OKC becoming more open to try new things, this should do well.

I've already made a pretty big habit of going here. All the desserts I've had have been good, but my favorite items so far have been breakfast related. The fresh croissants and especially the quiches they make are really good. We also tried a couple of their sandwiches for lunch that we like as well.

I just got back from a week in Paris. While I tried Macarons from 8 different places and croissants from 6. I will try to make it over there soon and give it a comparison.

7. Default Re: OKC gets new European Style Patisserie.

Interesting background on those two and how they were drawn to Oklahoma City.

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    I just got back from a week in Paris. While I tried Macarons from 8 different places and croissants from 6. I will try to make it over there soon and give it a comparison.
    Well, be prepared to pay Rodeo Drive price more than Parisian one.

The product is good but the prices are prohibitive ! Far from the boulangerie patisserie spirit.

Also, just like "all about chae", which has good sweet treat too, they do not show prices...
    It makes an uneasy shopping experience and in this case a bad surprise at the end.

Is it even legal ? I bet on some states it is not. It is illegal in France for sure !

Rent for that space is what, $30-$35 per square foot per year? Not always easy to keep prices down when you’re dealing with that kind of overhead. And unlike places like Torchy’s or Hatch, they probably don’t see the kind of volume they might need to drive down costs.

Blog Entries

I think they are actually asking $40/ft. That’s what I was told by a commercial realtor.

11. Default Re: Ganache Patisserie

Met this couple a year or so ago! Great people and everything they had us try was amazing. I agree it might be pricey, but this isn't a cupcake shop. This is for special occasions and for those that want a little more taste. It is also for those who want a higher end snack option. Don't be afraid to try something you have never had before, you will be pleasantly surprised!

Default Re: Ganache Patisserie

I've loved what we have so far. I just worry about their location... social media needs to help drive in customers.

Blog Entries

Went by. Felt like an art museum. Did not have the impression I could order anything, just look/admire (I know that's not the case).

Blog Entries

We all talk about wanting special shops in OKC, well, now we have a chance to support one. Hope we do. For a city this size, it is amazing we haven't had a truly outstanding bakery or patisserie up to this point. If the product is great, we need to step up.

I stopped by for dinner tonight, and I enjoyed it

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tmrW7LjIrssHVSSX2

The croissant was different than any croissant I've ever had. It's thicker, not as flakey, and noticed the smell of butter. The sandwich was surprisingly light. You could tell the couple running the place is super enthusiastic about their work. Only thing I could complain about was a lack of a menu. They had one and didn't like something about it, and opted to redo it. I'm not sure what I was charged and for how much, easily fixable though. I had what was pictured in addition to a tea. Cost was a little under 30.

I asked why they chose OKC given their backgrounds, and was told that we're up and coming and they liked it here. They used to live in Connecticut, and liked how friendly we were, and that OKC has some characteristics of a big city relative to where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    We all talk about wanting special shops in OKC, well, now we have a chance to support one. Hope we do. For a city this size, it is amazing we haven't had a truly outstanding bakery or patisserie up to this point. If the product is great, we need to step up.
    Agree. The macarons were the best I've had in OKC - the flavors are "real," if that makes sense. Haven't had their croissants yet. Did have a couple other desserts as well, and they were fantastic. I just worry they've opened in a place that requires people to drive to them on purpose, and they'll get lost in the shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I stopped by for dinner tonight, and I enjoyed it

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tmrW7LjIrssHVSSX2

The croissant was different than any croissant I've ever had. It's thicker, not as flakey, and noticed the smell of butter. The sandwich was surprisingly light. You could tell the couple running the place is super enthusiastic about their work. Only thing I could complain about was a lack of a menu. They had one and didn't like something about it, and opted to redo it. I'm not sure what I was charged and for how much, easily fixable though. I had what was pictured in addition to a tea. Cost was a little under 30.

I asked why they chose OKC given their backgrounds, and was told that we're up and coming and they liked it here. They used to live in Connecticut, and liked how friendly we were, and that OKC has some characteristics of a big city relative to where they were.
    Thanks for the photos. Just a note, Google photo is combining several of your shots for an animation that makes the bread look alive, it moves around a bit. Very cool if not slightly disturbing effect of dancing pastries.

Blog Entries

Went by yesterday. Just a couple of thoughts:

They have a large space. From a cost standpoint, unless they are getting subsidized by the property owner, it will be hard to do the volume for such a big space. Hate to have them fail because the overhead might be high. I admit, I like the more intimate bakeries and patisseries with long cases of goodies and the wafting smell of rich coffee and hot chocolate, and cafe tables to sit and savor my treasure. This place does not feel intimate and welcoming. I'm hoping they will find a way to make it so. Seems more like a place to stop and pick something up and leave. At that price, I want an experience too.

Their prices are VERY high. And I am used to high prices in NYC and Paris. Be prepared. And as mentioned, they don't post prices or have a printed menu at this time. I got very little for $20.

Their offering is limited. I asked if they are going to add to it and he (owner) asked what I would like to see. I am not sure if that is good or bad. I would like to see them bring some special pastries to market. I just told him that as long as they didn't start filling it up with donuts and bear-claws I was good.
    We don't need an upscale Dunkin Donuts.

What they do have looks nice. I don't eat sweets much, so the macaroons and sweets will be tested by my wife I'll let you know about the brioche. It looked good. The plain croissants looked fine (not overly fine), but I didn't get one last night. They didn't look so fresh, and at the prices, I want fresh.

They need to keep expanding. The owner seems willing, but he came across as a little timid. I didn't deal with his wife/partner. They need to project some personality that the environment doesn't yet. They need to incite people to return.

Just my 2 cents. Overall okay. They are new, but yet have a ways to go. I hope they make it and do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantison View Post
    Thanks for the photos. Just a note, Google photo is combining several of your shots for an animation that makes the bread look alive, it moves around a bit. Very cool if not slightly disturbing effect of dancing pastries.
    You're right, sorry about that! If you ever run into any of my photos, on the furthest right side there's an option for motion. I'll have it disabled for future photos.

The environment is a bit modern/sterile than a bakery should probably give off.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Agree. The macarons were the best I've had in OKC - the flavors are "real," if that makes sense. Haven't had their croissants yet. Did have a couple other desserts as well, and they were fantastic. I just worry they've opened in a place that requires people to drive to them on purpose, and they'll get lost in the shuffle.
    I would *love* to frequent them, since we've had good bakeries when we were in Chicagoland, but they're too far away from 36th/May for us to go to regularly.

As far as the macarons go, question for anybody that's had them - how do they compare to Belle Kitchen's?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I would *love* to frequent them, since we've had good bakeries when we were in Chicagoland, but they're too far away from 36th/May for us to go to regularly.

As far as the macarons go, question for anybody that's had them - how do they compare to Belle Kitchen's?
    Slightly better than Belle's; but about $0.50 more per macaron, I think. The flavors tasted more realistic - like I was eating a mint leaf, not mint flavoring, or a rose petal, not rose flavoring... if that makes sense. Worth the cost, I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post

My wife said the raspberry macarons I brought her were too sweet. Sweetness shouldn’t overpower the flavor of the filling. Thought they should have been lighter. Fwiw

It’s a cool idea. But I’m not going to Canada for bread. I guess I’ll Have to settle for 3 donuts shops (holy rollers, hurts, and dunkin) for the time being. I miss prairie thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    It’s a cool idea. But I’m not going to Canada for bread. I guess I’ll Have to settle for 3 donuts shops (holy rollers, hurts, and dunkin) for the time being. I miss prairie thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Canada, that's great, I was actually going to type "we don't get up to BFEgypt often", but left it out... Need to try those donut shops this weekend, thanks for the reminder!

Thread Information